BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 271 - 280 of 1768 | Page: 1 ...19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ...177

Forum » Thread

Re: USPS Shipping Delays
@Jeremy When I check your Delivery Confirmation Receipt / Tracking numbers it still shows your packages undelivered and the latest info on all three is that they left the USPS sort facility in...

In Gear Swap » FS It's all got to go to make room for a new quilt
December 06, 6:00pm

Re: Instructables
Jordo, http://www.instructables.com/id/Aluminum-Bottle-Tumbler-Cup-Cook-Pot/?ALLSTEPS Click on "Jump To" and then on the 1 thru 10 numbered steps. You can also click the right ar...

In Make Your Own Gear » Rolling the edge (lip) of a beer can pot
December 06, 4:28pm

Re: *SALE PENDING* S63 RevelationX
Tim, *SALE PENDING* S63 RevelationX black LINER, red shell, 6' WIDE 30* - $180 (add $5 to overstuff) Not for long I'm headed to your site right now. ;-) I'll update / edit this...

In Gear Deals » enLIGHTened equipment quilts in stock and ready to go
December 05, 8:31pm

Re: ColdAvenger
My post on the Buff was in agreement with Ken and meant as a helpful suggestion. My other post with the picture of the Cold Avenger was a feeble attempt at humor. Hence the title of the post, &q...

In GEAR » Equipment to breath warm air at night.
December 05, 1:43pm

"Luke, I am your father"
Cold Avenger Pro mask Party On, Newton

December 04, 4:15pm

Re: Buff
+1 for the Buff! I do it all the time in cooler to cold weather. My merino wool Buff is 36" long. I can twist and double over one end to make a "watchcap" of sorts and pull the...

December 04, 4:02pm

Re: Re: Re: FS 8' x 10' Flat Polyester Spinnaker tarp.
@David, Spelt! was the first to respond with a question about the tarp's weight. Since he was the first to show interest I'd like to give "Spelt!" first chance at it. If I g...

December 03, 4:40pm

Re: FS 8' x 10' Flat Polyester Spinnaker tarp.
@Spelt, The weight of the flat tarp is 14.60 ounces with lines attached, seam sealed and in the stuff sack. BTW the packed size in the stuff sack is 9.5" x 6.5" x 6" although i...

December 03, 3:10pm

FS 8' x 10' Flat Polyester Spinnaker tarp.
Tarp is sold to David. Thanks Back in August of 2010 I made this flat tarp out of Polymax 42 "spinnaker" fabric. This tarp is 8' x 10' and flat in configuration. ...

December 03, 12:08pm

Re: Sold Items Ship Today
@Scott, Bhaskar and Jeremy, All items were shipped this morning via USPS priority mail with tracking on each. Your packages should arrive by Thursday or Friday. Individual emails with you...

December 03, 11:01am

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm