BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 271 - 280 of 1745 | Page: 1 ...19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ...175

Forum » Thread

Love this sign!
and another... Party On, Newton

In Chaff » Love this sign!
November 29, 6:11am

Re: Re: Re: Going Frameless? Will my back regret it?
Hi James, Does the G5 hold its pad in the same way as the G4 does in the picture below? My MYOG pack has lycra pockets on its sides. In one of them I carry my tent. I have noticed ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Going Frameless? Will my back regret it?
November 28, 12:30pm

Re: Polar Edge down puffer jacket / shirt $49.00
Update: My post was just a little late. I was in my local Academy yesterday afternoon picking up some solid fuel tabs and saw that these jackets are back to their normal $69.99 price. Sorry f...

In Gear Deals » Polar Edge down puffer jacket / shirt $49.00
November 28, 9:04am

Re: Going Frameless? Will my back regret it?
Max, You've gotten many good responses and suggestions on this thread. One thing that I have not seen mentioned is what kind of sleeping pad you use and your method of packing it into your p...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Going Frameless? Will my back regret it?
November 28, 5:56am

Polar Edge down puffer jacket / shirt $49.00
They are available online and there are some still left in the stores. http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_603036_-1__?color=Black&N=628476071 The cha...

In Gear Deals » Polar Edge down puffer jacket / shirt $49.00
November 26, 8:05am

Re: can anyone beat my toothbrush and paste weight?
It's not lighter or the lightest but it works for me. The toothbrush is a .... I stuffed the zip lock of 10 Archtek tabs inside of the self storing handle of the brush along with the ...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » can anyone beat my toothbrush and paste weight?
November 24, 9:22pm

Re: Christmas wish list
After all of my MYOG adventures I will become a customer of Tim Marshall. It will be a Revelation X 30 degree overstuffed top quilt for me. ;-) Party On, Newton

In Chaff » Christmas wish list
November 22, 12:12pm

Re: Not new
"Looks like a gain a bit of coverage if I sacrifice headroom but not a ton." If I'm doing the math correctly you're gaining 9 square feet of coverage. The problem lies in the f...

In GEAR » Cat Tarp vs. Rectangular Tarp
November 21, 6:07pm

Re: Cat Tarp vs. Rectangular Tarp
Luke, IMHO you aren't gaining much coverage. What you are gaining is headroom. Did you get it new from MLD? If you did maybe you can get Ron to exchange it for the Duo. For $20.00 more...

In GEAR » Cat Tarp vs. Rectangular Tarp
November 21, 5:14pm

Re: Esbit
Christian, I have to admit that Lite Trail is much more reasonable with their shipping but it seems to me that I would need 2 of the 4 gram tablets to assure a boil. Sub-Total: ...

In GEAR » Esbit vs. Alcohol?
November 21, 3:49pm

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm