BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 271 - 280 of 2073 | Page: 1 ...19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ...208

Forum » Thread

It depends
It depends, I have often shared advice on places like Grayson Highlands, these places are already well known and I'm just helping a friend or BPL member get the most out of the experience by hi...

In Philosophy & Technique » Sharing (Or Not) Locations and Logistics on the Web.
November 11, 10:00pm

Teach them
I'm all for "unplugging" but kids that are used to constant stimulation need to be taught how to enjoy the woods. That is why I like things like knives and fire, most kids can't ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ideas for UL Activities When Hiking with Your kids
November 09, 10:34pm

Activities for kids
If there isn't a burn ban fire is great. Start with matches then progress to more advanced options. I bring a bag full of 100 or so cotton balls and a magnesium fire starter. The key is to s...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ideas for UL Activities When Hiking with Your kids
November 09, 9:31pm

Re PM Sent
If by some chance the deal on the Artic1000 falls through I'll buy it.

In Gear Swap » FS: Odds and Ends (and an old Arctic 1000)
November 08, 8:23pm

Who is Really in Charge
+1 on "Be Nice." I'd say we discuss the "Three G's" fairly well considering how controversial they are. I can always skip those discussions if I want. Its hard not...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL wants input on proposed forum code of conduct
November 03, 10:22pm

Love It!
Way to go Ike, the sense of humor you bring to all the little quarks kids have that can drive adults up a tree. You've inspired me I need to write up "K-SUL Primer for Hiking with Boy...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » K-SUL: A Primer for Ultralight Hiking with Kids
November 03, 9:23pm

Only with knife?
I wonder if the gunshot slowed the bear down at all? I don't doubt a knife would could kill a bear. I just wonder if the bear would have lived long enough to do more damage if it hadn't a...

In Chaff » Man kills grizzly with...knife.
November 01, 4:54pm

Bivy
I use a MLD bivy, its water resistant but not water proof, I use it under a tarp. Equinox makes a similar but cheaper bivy that I used for a long time. The floor isn't the greatest qualit...

In Gear Lists » Smoky Mountain Winter Gear List.... Help Please!!!
October 20, 9:38pm

Re Re Re Jerry
"maybe it's a myth that liberals and conservatives can't agree with each other" haha I've enjoyed watching both sides make each other's arguments.

In GEAR » quadcopter/drones for backpacking (the future is coming)
October 20, 10:37am

Re Jerry
That is a good point. Its easier to send in a drone then a Marine unit so presidents can get careless. Personally I think drones are great, we just need to rethink the moral and legal limits ...

In GEAR » quadcopter/drones for backpacking (the future is coming)
October 20, 10:12am

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.