BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 271 - 280 of 2002 | Page: 1 ...19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ...201

Forum » Thread

Hydration
Chugging doesn't work well for me. Well I do camel up at times but I can only take so much, especially at altitude. I do tend to chug more in the evening, maybe resting has something to do wi...

In Post-Trip Reports » My (failed) attempt at a SHR section.
September 09, 8:52pm

Re Re Re Re My (failed) attempt at a SHR section
Nice pictures. Sorry about the sickness, happened to me once too. I find a lot of factors come into play with altitude sickness. Sometimes I think I'm missing some nutrient, other times ...

In Post-Trip Reports » My (failed) attempt at a SHR section.
September 09, 6:28pm

Just watch the handle
I'm less interested in the blade and more interested in the handle length. I don't like tiny handles if I'm doing serious cutting. Small handles are tiring and I'm concerned about...

In GEAR » how big of a knife do we really need (or how small of knife can we get by with)?
September 08, 10:22pm

Exped Frame
The frame should be kept off your back by the thick lumbar pad. I never felt it. If it does touch your back you can remove the frame and re-bend it. Michael I'm in Midland but might go t...

In GEAR » load hauler backpack properties
September 08, 6:18pm

Re Re How do you do it Nick
Thanks Nick, I may have more desert hiking in my future so I'll remember that.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "nothing will hit us, we will not die, we will not drown, in JESUS name"
September 08, 5:58pm

How do you do it Nick
"Only once was I in potential danger, but I moved to safe ground when the rain started, even though I was not anticipating a flood." Seems like a pretty good track record Nick. Would ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "nothing will hit us, we will not die, we will not drown, in JESUS name"
September 08, 5:28pm

Another Option
The Exped Lighting 45 or 60 might be what you need.

In GEAR » load hauler backpack properties
September 08, 2:43pm

re re Nutella
Nutalla is not PB and chocolate but come to think of it you can buy that too. Good idea mixing chocolate and PB powder.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » New trail food intro: Powdered peanut butter
September 08, 7:26am

Drafts
I think that is the limiting factor. At some point no matter how many clothes you wear you're going to have drafts and cold spots. Once I had money for a warmer quilt I quit using the 50 degr...

In GEAR » Pushing a 50F Syn quilt below its rating.
September 07, 11:00pm

Re fraid its me
Haha, well I thought Ken was poking fun at me for keeping my Teton Wilderness route a secret and then praising your TR. Your blog is great fun and I really liked your CO Trail Guide.

In Post-Trip Reports » East to West - Uinta Highline Trail
September 07, 10:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.