Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Brad Groves (4quietwoods) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Michigan
About Me Mostly longer trips without resupply, in what usually seems to be cold and wet conditions. Over two decades of backcountry travel including backpacking and canoe tripping. I consider Marquette to be my home, but I currently live down-state. Many years as a buyer in specialty outdoor retail.
My PDF Gear Listalways changing

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brad Groves

Showing 271 - 280 of 1559 | Page: 1 ...19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ...156

Forum » Thread

Re: Cheese
Yup. W/Piper. Individually-wrapped cheese sticks. They've lasted me 12 days + on the trail; if they get warm and a little oily, no worries. Just peel 'em out and eat!

In GEAR » Cheese
June 15, 1:11pm

Re: Rapids, Wolves, and Winter
"The associated stench of two-stroke snowmobile exhaust made the twenty-five-mile ski--on a snowmobile trail--to the wilderness boundary less appealing." Therein lies the trick. To get...

In Editor's Roundtable » Rapids, Wolves, and Winter
June 12, 12:40pm

Re: heat sealable fabric problem
Colin, when I cut my NeoAir down and resealed it, I found that temperature was only part of the variable... time and pressure also played significant roles in getting the material to seal properly....

In Make Your Own Gear » heat sealable fabric problem
June 11, 5:40pm

Re: Re: Re: Doggy Pads
Man, I dunno. I haven't put a hole in a thermarest since I started using them in the 80s. But on a cabin trip, my gal invited the pups (80-ish pounds each) up onto the air mattress. Instant hol...

In GEAR » Pad Materials Help Please
June 10, 1:34pm

Re: Pad Materials Help Please
My two pups get a chuck of large ridge rest deluxe cut in half. In winter they get 2 chunks each, and a down vest each.

In GEAR » Pad Materials Help Please
June 10, 11:12am

Re: France for 10 days- question about packing
If you plan to actually carry the backpack often, I wouldn't recommend the Porter 46. It has no frame, a hipbelt basically just webbing, and some half-hearted shoulder straps. It's an aweso...

In GEAR » France for 10 days- question about packing
June 08, 1:05pm

Re: questions for cuben fiber/down quilt users.
re: question 1, there is no issue. It is more humid, but if you're using VBL you're aware of it. Just a thin base layer, probably what I'll hike in. re: question 2, you don't use...

In GEAR » questions for cuben fiber/down quilt users.
June 08, 9:38am

Re: iTP light
Hi, Colin- The twist-off head has a relatively snug-fitting o-ring. I've used it in the rain w/o trouble. The Upgrade version of the light does have 3 different brightness settings.

In GEAR » Ultra light flashlights
June 05, 2:32pm

Re: winter bag for minnesota
FWIW Jack and Juston (and all), I use an Antelope in Michigan's UP. I'm a cold sleeper. I've comfortably used the Antelope below 0. I've used it around -15 with some additional clot...

In Winter Hiking » Help me choose a 0 degree bag for Minnesota
June 05, 10:22am

Re: Ultra light flashlights
Check out the 80 lumen, 9 gram, $20 iTP A3 EOS Upgrade at goinggear.com. They're truly awesome.

In GEAR » Ultra light flashlights
June 05, 9:25am

All Reader Reviews by Brad Groves

Brad Groves has posted no reviews.