BPL Community Profile

Jay Wilkerson (Creachen) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale East Bay
About Me Accept, Adapt then Attack!
CityJust 12 miles to Mt. Diablo
StateNor Cal
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear List2014 UL Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jay Wilkerson

Showing 2601 - 2610 of 2777 | Page: 1 ...252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ...278

Forum » Thread

Best OZ. Ever
Nano Ipod BPL blow-up pillow Mary Jane

In Philosophy & Technique » Best ounce you ever carried?
September 05, 4:57pm

Base layers
Don't leave out the mighty Patagonia Capilene. Highly breathable, drys easy, feels great on the skin and you can go quite a few days before you stink. Mens large 5.5 oz.

In GEAR » Base layers: merino v silk v synthetics
September 05, 4:48pm

JMT
I did the JMT in 2006 starting Aug.1-16. 2 zero days at Vermilion Resort, Lake Thomas Edison. 2006 was a good snow year and most of the snow was gone by Aug. 1st. BEWARE!!!! the mighty mosquito. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 09 JMT thru hike
September 05, 4:05pm

PCT Section- Tuolumne Meadows to Ebbitts Pass 110 Miles of PURE JOY
Were off: Joshua Billings, Jeff Kemper and Jeff McCready. Casey, Ken and Patrick. What's up people? We all wanted you guys to come. See Ya!! July 18th Sanora pass??? GOODLUCK!!!

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » PCT Section- Tuolumne Meadows to Ebbitts Pass 110 Miles of PURE JOY
July 10, 6:53pm

RE: Industrial Civilization
I'm confused? Is this a backpacking website? Why arn't you people putting all that gear to use? It's hiking season people!!!!

In Chaff » Does anyone actually think that industrial civilization is sustainable?
July 05, 8:39am

PCT clothes fo TEN days
Come on Eric!! , You have to think out of the BPL mind set some times. Poncho/tarp uses: Ground cloth shelter pack cover body cover vestitube No need for rain pants= savings of 8 oz. Light...

In GEAR » PCT Clothes for TEN days
July 03, 3:03pm

PCT Clothes for TEN days
Yea Ken, I will bring a Golite poncho/tarp for rain protection and use it mostly as a ground cloth. I use a short sleave t-shirt under my Whisp in the morning [bug time] and change into my RR echo...

July 03, 10:36am

PCT Clothes for TEN days
Carried: Golite Wisp Jacket 3.5 Patagonia LS Silkweight 7.1 Patagonia SS Silkweight 5.1 Golite Stride Shorts 3.2 Exofficio Shorts 8.7 Nike Beanie 1.3 Patagonia glove li...

July 02, 10:08pm

PCT Clothes for TEN days
Worn: Sunnydays Hat 2.8 Rail Riders Eco-mesh 8.6 Golite Synergy pants 9.7 Nike Running tights 3.6 Brooks Beast 26.4 REI liner sox 0.9 Komperdell C3 6.5 each Ti...

July 02, 9:54pm

16 lb gear list
Take a really close look at your FIRST-AID KIT. I'm sure you could cut that in half - Think simple wound care and meds only. GOODLUCK

In Gear Lists » Trying to lighten- proposed 16 pound gear list
July 01, 1:29am

All Reader Reviews by Jay Wilkerson

Showing 1 - 10 of 75 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Review

Category

Recreational Equipment, Inc. (REI)
I have been a member of REI for over 15 years...I purchased a REI Bivy sack over year and half ago -I never used it--just in the backyard to test it out..Anyways I returned yesterday-- the customer se...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 02, 9:27pm

Nunatak Alpinist Mummy 20 degree
I have used the Nunatak Alpinist mummy bag 16 nights so far in 2009 and I have never been so comfortable sleeping. I ordered a large with a 64 inch shoulder and 40 inch foot box at 6'6 length..I ...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
August 13, 1:30pm

Thermarest Neo-Air
There has been a lot of hype generated around this sleeping pad and I have to say it is very warm and comfortable to sleep on. I used last week in Emigrant Wilderness and the temps got below freezing...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
June 23, 12:37pm

Equinox 6x8 Globe Skimmer Tarp
I am very happy with this simple tarp. It has a smaller footprint then other tarps thus is perfect for a solo hiker. The 6x8 tarp has 12 gromets to guy out with which adds a lot of versatility for p...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
June 18, 4:14pm

Trail Life- Ray Jardine's Lightweight Backpacking
I bought the original version in 1998 and that book forever changed my life for the better. Trail life is pretty much the same book except with more pictures and few new paragraphs of information. T...

In Books and Media
April 22, 9:31am

Nunatak Alpinist
I ordered a (Custom) Alpinist Mummy bag in January. I wanted a lighter bag then my WM Superlite- that's why I went with a CUSTOM bag!! Tom told me it would come in at 27 to 28oz-I thought great.. ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 10, 4:11pm

Wet Fire Fire Starting Tinder
The Wet Fire is Quick and easy to use!! What more can I say-I call them the (Magic Marsh Mellows). I used them at the Lost Coast in some very blistry conditions and they started a fire in no time at a...

In Miscellaneous Products
April 06, 4:16pm

Outdoor Research Outer Shell Mitts
The combined weight of the OR shell mitts is 1.5oz- I use them in conjunction with the Patagonia liner gloves. The mitts are great because they give a lot more options on the trail. Use them with the ...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
March 19, 9:26am

PossumDown Gloves (BPL Gear Shop)
I used them last week in the Sierras for a day hike in the snow. They were very warm but they got a hole (Left hand) about two hours into the hike. I was using trekking poles and a hole started (worn...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
March 16, 3:01pm

MSR Mug Mate Coffee Filter MSR coffee filter
It does not get any simpler then MugMate for cowboy coffee. Just add coffee grounds to the MugMate and put it in your cup/pot- let it seep for a few minutes and then perfection!! If you want more fla...

In Cookware - Other
March 10, 10:58am