Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

James Reilly (zippymorocco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Montana
About Me James Reilly has not added a biography yet.
CityAsheville
StateNC
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James Reilly

Showing 261 - 270 of 406 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ...41

Forum » Thread

RE: Down, pat cap 4 etc
I have never felt the need to hike for very long in my down layer even in the Montana Mountains. Occasionally I'll hike out of camp a mile or two before shedding it. It's pretty cold when...

In GEAR » Which if any Mid layer for AT in March
September 22, 5:51pm

Hood Pattern
Ozzy, I like this hood plan http://thru-hiker.com/projects/hood_pattern.php I have used it on 2 rain jackets and 2 wind-shirts and it works nicely. I first made it out of tyvek to make sure ...

In GEAR » setting up Golite poncho tarp
September 21, 9:33pm

how I use it
I use a 50" length as a protection for my inflatable pad at night. During the day I fold it to 10" and use it with my tarptent poles as a stay for my MLD prophet backpack. It also does a...

In Gear Deals » CCF Pads; Coming Soon
September 21, 5:57pm

Capilene
I went down to the "Trail Head", one of our local shops to look at the capilene options and maybe determine my size in Patagonia's line. However the location (mall) I went to only ca...

September 20, 7:32pm

cuben
the 27" x 54" would be perfect for a rain kilt. In fact I tried to buy that very piece but was too slow. The other piece could be used for stuff sacks. If you want to part with eithe...

In Make Your Own Gear » What should I do with cuben scraps?
September 20, 4:43pm

Synthetic
Thank you for the comments so far. I was considering the cap 4 as an additional layer but did not think of it as a layer instead of wool. I too have loved using wool because it doesn't stin...

September 19, 7:41pm

Which if any Mid layer for AT in March
Hi all, I would am stuck on a clothing issue and would love some input from those familiar with hiking late winter/early spring in the Appalachians. I feel like I need one more layer but really do...

September 19, 8:57am

Way to go
Nice find and fantastic offer.

In Make Your Own Gear » Singer 404 for sale
September 11, 6:45pm

Yep bear spray
I carry bear spray most ever trip I go on and curse it every time. I take a cell and extra battery too which also work as entertainment and gps.

In Chaff » The Weight of Fear
September 10, 10:03pm

Eyelets
The tool that comes with the eyelets is not the one in the video. It is a little tapper that you use with a hammer. I first made small stuff sack out of tyvek to get a feel for it. I think...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Stuff Sacks (my first MYOG attempt)
September 09, 8:50am

All Reader Reviews by James Reilly

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Feathered Friends Customer Service
I spoke to a very helpful person on the phone. She helped me determine the proper size for the jacket I wanted. Jacket fits perfectly, was shipped quick and is of top quality.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 19, 8:13pm

Sea to Summit Premium Silk Liner
We purchased a ultra-sil stuff sack as recommended by a customer service rep at a outfitter along the A.T. In using it to stuff my wife's sleeping bag I ripped the thing in half. She called up th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 19, 8:08pm