BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 261 - 270 of 369 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Forum » Thread

Re: Zpacks cuben mitts
Ooh, I like these! I wonder how cold the fleece liners will take you though? P.S. What's the weight difference(if same warmth) between felted wool and fleece? How about down mitts with a woo...

In GEAR » Zpacks cuben mitts
January 09, 3:55am

Re: Neoair XLite and Z Lite Sol Now Available
Finally! 'been putting off buying my wife an inflatable until these came out. It will be nice to get more warmth for an ounce less than my original short neo air.

In GEAR » Neoair XLite and Z Lite Sol Now Available
January 09, 3:46am

Re: Favorite winter backpack?
Since I can't quite afford to move to UL gear yet, my normal gear weight is probably considered "winter" weight at 35lbs.(including water+food). If someone isn't looking for an ...

In GEAR » Favorite winter backpack?
January 09, 3:15am

Re: New Backpacker - 30 miles?
Can't wait to hear how it went. My bet though is that it was somewhere between super tiring and miserable. At 27 and 30lb pack, my last trip in the sierras consisted of a 1.5m/h pace, and ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Backpacker - 30 miles?
January 08, 3:51pm

Re: Who does not love a cigar in the woods?
Mmm... A trail cigar! Probably a lot lighter than my pipe and everything associated. Who cares about the case! Not a cigar guy though. Got any recomendations? Ok, the case seems like it has some ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Who does not love a cigar in the woods?
January 07, 4:31pm

Room temp epoxies
PM sent, check your email. In my PM I forgot to mention that all of those are room temp cure epoxies, but you'll see that when you look at the spec sheets.

In Make Your Own Gear » Room temperature cure epoxies
January 07, 1:01pm

Olympus?
Right now I've got an Olympus vr 330 on my gear wish list. It's a 12x optical zoom for only 5.5oz. It also has he video recording.

In GEAR » point and shoot camera weight
January 07, 11:15am

Re: Niteize Knot bone
What's wrong with the simple old plastic line tensioner bar? You know, the little plastic strip with 2 or 3 holes in it. I have a hard time believing you could find something lighter. Is there ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Niteize Knot bone
January 05, 4:40am

Re: "UL'er" vs "Traditional" Can we integrate ??
With so much weight, they won't notice if you happen to slip a couple of beers in each of there packs... You can integrate, you just have to use it to your advantage!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "UL'er" vs "Traditional" Can we integrate ??
January 04, 5:35am

Re: Need input on choosing a new pack
Sorry, I don't have any input on the ones you listed, but thought I'd throw out my 2 cents even if you didn't ask for it ;) You may want to look into the deuter brand. When trying on...

In GEAR » Need input on choosing a new pack
January 02, 1:52am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.