BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 261 - 270 of 1109 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ...111

Forum » Thread

Things to do near Sidney, BC (Vancouver Island) in February
I just saw this post... here are a few suggestions that vary considerably in driving distance and trail distance (you didn't say anything about time/distance constraints) but I'm assuming d...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Things to do near Sidney, BC (Vancouver Island) in February
January 19, 1:03am

Stereotypes...
I think this is often a case of us having stereotypes predefined that skew our rational thought processes and it's not just men that do this. I was on the receiving end of this on a recent...

In Philosophy & Technique » Women and men on the trail
January 18, 1:16am

Delorme InReach or Other?
Hi Joe, welcome to BPL! Thanks for posting the info regarding the CyberLink and for being upfront about your affiliation. I have to admit that I was not aware of your company or the devices...

In GEAR » Delorme InReach or Other???
January 15, 4:05pm

iPhone vs Garmin Etrex GPS reception
Bob mentions GPS software and it's a big piece of the puzzle. It's one of the concerns I have about using smart phones as navigation tools in the back-country. The chip technology is ve...

In GEAR » iPhone vs Garmin Etrex GPS reception
January 15, 12:03am

From what I've read from various reviewers and forums, the iPhone 4S has a better receiver than my iPhone 4. How much better would be nice to know. Apparently tracks were a little cleaner. ...

January 14, 9:02pm

copper spur ul2 for summer road trip and hiking?
The Copper Spur UL2 is definitely tight for two people. I use it with my son occasionally and we are both 6 feet tall and 200 lbs. It would be a bit close for somebody that wasn't family! ...

In GEAR » copper spur ul2 for summer road trip and hiking?
January 14, 8:02pm

I've done side-by-side tests with my iPhone 4 and my Etrex 20. Ruling out all of the important to have features that you mention like durability, waterproof, battery life etc., I found the fol...

January 14, 4:50pm

Where does durability win over light weight?
>> with college loans and graduate school looming, replacing a raincoat might mean saving for a month or more. So I need some stuff to last, or be covered by a warranty. << To me, th...

In GEAR » Where does durability win over light weight?
January 13, 7:40pm

Best all-purpose adhesive/sealants
I use another McNet product (have used it for years on my fishing waders). Aquaseal comes in very small tubes (in their repair kits) that fit nicely into my FAK. http://www.mcnett.com/Aquaseal-...

In GEAR » Best all-purpose adhesive/sealants
January 13, 11:15am

What haven't you replaced?
My knees. They are my original set and are pretty badly worn but I still like them better than the synthetic models they are selling these days. :)

In GEAR » What haven't you replaced?
January 11, 11:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm