BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 261 - 270 of 1060 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ...106

Forum » Thread

How you carry your bear spray
I carry my bear spray on my hip in a holster. The holster is not on my pack waist belt, it's attached to the belt on my pants. There are two schools of thought regarding bear attacks. ...

In Philosophy & Technique » How you carry your bear spray
July 23, 12:24am

Not so -- *Lightweight* Saltwater Kit
I do a lot of fly fishing from the beaches and don't skimp on gear. If I'm fishing salmon, I will leave the pack rod at home and take one of my Sage 2-piece rods (6 to 9 weight depending o...

In Fishing » *Lightweight* Saltwater Kit
July 11, 1:46am

Garmin Fenix watch
The battery life is not bad but unfortunately, being a recharable battery makes it less than ideal for extended trips. That said, I will be looking at getting one once they are available... just ...

In GEAR » Garmin Fenix watch
July 10, 10:10am

Ryan Jordan pops in
>> Wouldn't blame Ryan if he just said "to heck with it" and walked away for the summer << That suggests Ryan is back... but then I'm not an M-Lifer, so I wouldn...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ryan Jordan pops in
July 04, 2:59pm

tarp shelters on the beach?
I've not actually gone out of my way to look for them but I know Walbran has some treed sites and if you wander up the creek a bit at Camper there are some sites that are tucked back against th...

In Philosophy & Technique » tarp shelters on the beach?
July 04, 10:23am

>> You can't on the WCT. << ????

July 04, 9:07am

There are also tent sites in the trees at most campsites on the WCT (and JDF), so if you want to avoid the sand fleas and the hassle of securing pegs in the sand, just head for a treed site. If I...

July 03, 5:28pm

Smallest simplest GPS receiver
>> Checked out a Foretrex 301, and it didn't give UTM either. Am I missing something? << Yes you are missing something. Look under setup/units and you can set the Fortrex to UTM...

In GEAR » Smallest simplest GPS receiver
June 29, 2:57am

Smallest simplest GPS receiver
I think you are asking alot for $100 (maybe you could buy previously used...) If you buy cheap, it will likely be a poor performer. You will have problems with satellite locks under trees or in...

In GEAR » Smallest simplest GPS receiver
June 28, 10:58am

"Another Data Point for Those Considering SPOT (vs PLB)"
I agree that there is more to this story than what has been reported here. I know that boaters often carry Spots for the instant tracking feature (especially in races) but they should also ha...

In GEAR » Another Data Point for Those Considering SPOT (vs PLB)
June 28, 12:34am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm