BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.ryanfaulknerphotography.com
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 261 - 270 of 916 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ...92

Forum » Thread

G6 for a thru hike
Ben, thanks for reminding me. The custom pack is still an option. I had just forgotten to post this idea on this forum. while my gear kit is getting smaller and lighter, this option is looking...

In Gear Lists » UL long distance list
March 07, 5:32pm

UL long distance list
I had felt that there was something wrong with my list. and I just could not figure out what it was. it just did not seem right. but after reading an article about "squeaky" this morning. I learned...

March 05, 5:17pm

Re: Re: esbit stove/titanium stakes....windscreen/pad
here is that picture

In Multiple Use Gear » esbit stove/titanium stakes....windscreen/pad
March 05, 11:04am

Re: Winter tent stakes
Montbell snow anchor

In Winter Hiking » Winter tent stakes
March 04, 8:07am

Re: look at mchale backpad
that sounds great. I think a good system would be a carbon framesheet, and carbon exo frame like on the pure air zone system. and an evozate foam with holes wrapped in mesh on the top and bottom...

In Make Your Own Gear » New Back Pack - MYOG
March 02, 7:53pm

Re: Re: New Back Pack - MYOG
here is a picture

March 02, 6:59pm

Re: New Back Pack - MYOG
Bill have you seen the lowe alpine pure air system. It is great ventilation and I think it looks like a preety good Idea. there is a picture on the lowe alpine website. I bet you could mkae somethi...

March 02, 6:50pm

Re: New Back Pack - MYOG
why no frameless pack? what happened to the external frame pack idea? Whatever, I cant wait to see this project, an 8-9oz pack with a titanium frame.Amazing

March 02, 6:02pm

Re: Winter tent stakes
if you are on snow you could make a dea^d man with a rock or stick or something

In Winter Hiking » Winter tent stakes
March 02, 5:47pm

Re: Nano for UL long distance
Thanks Kevin, I have never had a problem with the 1.1oz sil nylon in my bivy. I am sure the 1.35oz in the vapr would be even better. the NANO stuff is super strong, it has an amazing tear str...

March 02, 5:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm