BPL Community Profile

Kathleen B (rosierabbit) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Kathleen B has not added a biography yet.
CityStevens Pass
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kathleen B

Showing 261 - 270 of 542 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ...55

Forum » Thread

a stick of butter
Food energy comes from fat, carbohydrates, and protein. Fat provides 9 calories per gram, and carbohydrates and protein provide 4 calories per gram. Pure fat gives you the "densest" calo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Most calorically dense food with no dry heaving
April 20, 4:16pm

Warm pads for cold sleepers
Since I, too, am a cold sleeper, I will definitely wait for the reviews. I can make it work with the prolite 3 and a top pad down to the low 20's, so if the neoair isn't a lot warmer, I...

In GEAR » Best UL Pad for a COLD Sleeper?
April 09, 1:36pm

Whew!
Thanks, Dave. Since it's about the same as a prolite or maybe warmer, I may go with a medium, which is only 2" shorter than I am, and still carry the same 13 oz that the prolite 3 short i...

April 09, 12:01pm

Best UL Pad for a COLD Sleeper?
Dave - you said the Neoair is NOT as warm as the Prolite? If so, that immediately kills any interest I have in it. I've been waiting for all the dust to settle and some user reports to come i...

April 08, 4:06pm

Ultralight fun in the Los Padres
Thanks for listening to my alter ego and posting the link to your trip! Those are wonderful pictures.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ultralight fun in the Los Padres
April 07, 2:11pm

Lightweight case for glasses
I just use a quart-sized plastic zip-type bag and make sure there's still air in the bag when I zip it shut. The glasses are protected by the air surrounding them. With enough pressure, the b...

In GEAR » Lighweight case for glasses?
March 26, 2:03pm

Ultralite Cheap Gear List
Take a look at this thread from a few years ago: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=2059

In GEAR » Ultralight Cheap (ULC) Gear
March 18, 2:42pm

Revised winter gear list?
"I will make a follow-up list (and then camp and test it with a prudent winter set-up in a more lightweight style." Mike - have you done this yet?

In Gear Lists » WINTER EXPEDITION LIST (long and cold)
March 09, 9:31pm

Franco's Tip #17
I highly recommend practicing this line: That old thing? I've had it for ages. This works well on Mr. B. Do not define old or ages. Those words are relative, anyway. Compared to the l...

In GEAR » New Tarptents. It's official !
March 09, 8:22pm

Gimpy pitch, great experience
Thanks, Greg and Kendall. Even though I thought the tarp pitch was gimpy, it did work, and I was comfortable, so I guess it was great! I woke up frequently during the night when the wind woul...

In Post-Trip Reports » First Gimpy Attempt at Using a Tarp
March 02, 9:04am

All Reader Reviews by Kathleen B

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Botach Tactical Customer Service
I had a similar experience to David's. They sent the inferior space blankets, rather than the correct order, took forever to send a return UPS shipping label, and only yesterday admitted to recei...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 5:35pm

Boomer's Guide to Lightweight Backpacking by Carol Corbridge
I was very disappointed in this book. Luckily, I didn't buy it but had checked it out from the library. For starters, the book is in major need of copy editing. There are lots of awkward sent...

In Books and Media
May 28, 2:04pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
These do everything BPL promised - provide comfortable warmth without being bulky. I've worn them under non-winter hiking pants all winter, and they've extended the comfort range down to 7 de...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 25, 10:55am

Hikelight.com Company
I just discovered this website that is based in Oregon. It seems to be a distributor of some of our favorite brands - SixMoonDesigns, Tarptent, Montbell, GraniteGear, and Western Mountaineering. No ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 22, 9:39am

HarmonyHouseFoods.com vegetables and beans
I just received my second order of dehydrated food from Harmony House. First I bought the vegetable pantry stuffer - 16 different quart-sized containers of various dehydrated vegetables, and then a we...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
July 25, 9:08pm

Golite Paradox pants
I'm not sure whether to review these in raingear or softshell clothing, because they're both. They are all-day pants, rather than rain pants to pull on over hiking pants and are made of a fab...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 10, 1:11pm

Sealskinz gloves
I had the same experience as Brett. My non-waterproof gloves absorbed less water than these.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
July 10, 12:51pm

ULA Circuit
This pack was on backorder, but it came sooner than Brian said it would. I gave it a 2-day test this last weekend on a short backpacking trip in the Cascades. I was pleased that it was as comfortabl...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
March 06, 1:29pm