BPL Community Profile

Roger B (rogerb) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Here and there
About Me Mathematics and Teacher Educator been walking, on and off-track in many countries. My interest is in appreciating the outdoors, wherever I may be.
My Website URLhttp://www.nielsenbrownoutdoors.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Roger B

Showing 261 - 270 of 587 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: Golite Shangri-La Colour Confusion
I would say that mine is closest to Web Sage, that is a darker shade of green, hope that helps

In GEAR » Golite Shangri-La Colour Confusion
January 22, 3:03am

Re: 3-ply???
Yep I think he means plywood. Estapol, did they have the ads with horses in them? I assume that 3 ply could also be used as a chopping board, table, frisbee for camp ...

In GEAR » Winter stove base
January 19, 11:12am

Re: Re: Shangri-La netting etc and half floor
My Shangri La 3, no poles pegs etc weighs 710 gm. More details of my set up can be found here

In GEAR » Shangri-La 3 vs Luxe Minipeak II
January 18, 4:26am

Re: Trekking Pole Connector
A great idea, I currently use a section from an REI CF pole inside my Pacer poles, it provides a rigid support for my Shangri La 3, but it does add an extra 75 gms to the pack. See here for details...

In Make Your Own Gear » Trekking Pole Connector
January 14, 12:35pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Gram Cracker
Gram cracker and Caldera is also my go to stove, I did a comparison a little while ago with the Trapper Mug and the Gram cracker and Ti wing and found that after about 4 days the gram cracker was a...

In GEAR » JMT Stove choice
January 14, 12:30pm

Re: Staff Videocast: Cowboy Coffee
Its great to see Alan making Tea, had not thought of doing it in that way I have always used tea bags. So I need to buy some loose green tea. And the cosy system seems ideal as a tea pot cover, ju...

In Editor's Roundtable » Staff Videocast: Cowboy Coffee
January 14, 10:41am

Re: Sylnylon Mountain Poncho
In the UK the Whipper Snipper is known as a Strimmer, so the cord should be the same. Hope this helps.

In Editor's Roundtable » Make Your Own Gear: Silnylon Mountain Poncho
January 01, 2:08pm

Wild Things Epic wind shirt
I also have a Wild Things windshirt and thoroughly recommend them, well made and work in cold conditions very well. And this thread will ensure that your epic gear is cleaned correctly.

In GEAR » Endurance or Epic Shell Jackets
December 30, 11:11am

McHale Merkebeiner
I was looking at Dan McHale's website and came across his new day/overnight/ lightweight pack. Hmmm. May need to get another pack, especially as I feel it will fulfil a need for a lightweight f...

In GEAR » McHale Merkebeiner
December 30, 11:01am

Re: SubLite SilNylon in the Snow
John that is dedication, I assume you are standing outside and letting the snow fall around you, taking photos every 5 minutes

In GEAR » SubLite SilNylon in the Snow
December 19, 10:51am

All Reader Reviews by Roger B

Showing 1 - 10 of 28 | Page: 1 2 3

Review

Category

Backpacking Light Ti Esbit stove
It took me a while to start using the stove but now it is the only stove I will use when traveling light. Its light weight coupled with the ability to use with many different pots makes this a stand o...

In Stoves - Other
September 19, 12:45pm

PossumDown Gloves (BPL Gear Shop)
In fact these gloves are so good I always "baby" them a bit, even though it is unnecessary. The gloves work well in cooler and wet weather and I use them with trekking poles in cooler condit...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
January 25, 10:31am

Mountain Laurel Designs Grace Solo .97 Spinntex
This tarp is an example of the MLD teams great workmanship coupled with excellent design. Kevin has already described the tarp correctly, so all it is left for me to say is that it is a great piece...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
January 25, 9:58am

BackpackingLight.com
When it came to the need to change the delivery address from local to international for an impending delivery, there was no fuss. After a couple of emails the address was changed and the products arri...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 16, 12:50pm

C and C Outdoors
Yes I had hoped for a great deal on their Integral designs equipment, but in the end I gave up and went elsehwere (and paid more). I wanted the gear, not the stories,

January 24, 4:27pm

Pentax Optio WP
The Optio WP is always in my pocket on a trip. Its lightweight and reliability ensures that I get every photo I want. Coupled with a gorilla pod it enables me to extend the range of light in which I c...

In Photography - Hiking & Backpacking Cameras
January 17, 6:45pm

Jolt Gum
For me the taste is non descript, maybe my taste buds have suffered from the coffee I drink in the Bodegas in NY. I use jolt in the afternoons when I am beginning to lose concentration, and am begi...

In Foods - Energy Bars, Gels, and Drinks
December 12, 6:56pm

Patagonia Micro Puff Pullover
My micropuff is my go to Pullover and coupled with my possum fur vest has provided me with warmth and comfort into the teens. Additionally it packs small.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
December 09, 7:02pm

Rainy Pass (Gear Repair)
Whilst many of the readers of the site are very adept at repairing and making their own gear there are some who are not. I am one of them. As a consequence I have used Rainy Pass on 2 occasions, one t...

December 01, 7:36pm

IBEX Wool Liner Gloves
Light, warm and solid. These are the gloves I use when it is cold and windy, they are ideally suited for use with trekking poles and even when they are damp, they help to keep your hands warm. In s...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
December 01, 7:16pm