BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 261 - 270 of 1540 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ...154

Forum » Thread

Re: Nest 5
Please email me if the original deal doesn't go through. I am also looking for a SL5 nest.

In Gear Swap » WTB Golite Shangri La 5 Nest
April 19, 3:55pm

There should be only minor durability loss when using lighter sleeping pad fabrics
Ty, You asked, "Is 75D fabric 5 times stronger than 15D fabric?" No, it is only about 2.24x as strong; 15 denier nylon (1.2 g/cm3) yarn is .0227 cm in diameter and the 75 denier ny...

In GEAR » Inflatable pad durability vs fabric thickness
April 09, 11:08pm

Re: Colors
Kevin, +1 http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=58954&skip_to_post=512288#512288

In Editor's Roundtable » Storm Resistance of Ultralight Shelters: Part 1, Introduction
April 08, 11:14pm

Re: Re: Yup
Nathan, What were the specifics of how you ordered your XTherm?

In GEAR » FYI - Therm-a-rest Neoair X-Lite Women's is now available @ REI
April 07, 1:24pm

Re: California Bikepacking at it's best!
Dylan, Great trip report... thank you.

In Post-Trip Reports » California Bikepacking at it's best!
April 05, 12:54pm

Thermo neutral
It means at a specific MET level and specific insulation ensemble your core will stay at 98.6F indefinitely. The other two possible options eventually result in sweating or slow-onset hypothermia. ...

In GEAR » Sleeping Pad R-value
April 04, 1:46pm

Sweepers
Dan, A back ferry at 45 degrees to the current, not the shore, would have moved you sideways to the opposite bank away from the strainer. Prior to the addition of the big butt stern in 2011, I ...

In Packrafting » What you would do? - Sweeper Q / Initial Trip Report
March 07, 5:39pm

Re: Averaging R-values of sleeping bag and pad?
Edward, Both your understanding and calculations are correct. The above assumes that the ground temp tracks the air temp and it generally does. See my post at http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi...

In GEAR » Averaging R-values of sleeping bag and pad?
March 05, 2:45pm

Re: Mechanical performance of Shield Sil Nylon?
Richie, I didn't measure the mechanical performance of shield but, comparing it to the weave density of most other silnylons via micrograph, it is similar. Although Shield was the best silny...

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY HH Tester
March 04, 9:49am

Re: 2 persons - 1 boat theme
Very nicely done trip report!

In Packrafting » 2 persons - 1 boat theme
March 03, 10:59am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm