Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 261 - 270 of 1579 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ...158

Forum » Thread

Re: Stop the presses!
The manufactures have to be conservative so they don't get consumer warranty claims. The temps used for DWR setting at the factory are much higher than they recommend for consumers.

In GEAR » GTX paclite DWR issues
November 13, 8:20am

Re: Raft
The US Air Force did a test to see if any of the existing Cuben (Mylar) materials would reliably hold air. Their application was portable recon drones. AB concluded Yes and they concluded No. We wi...

In Make Your Own Gear » I would like to make a cuben packraft
November 12, 4:39pm

Re: arrrgh#$%$#%
Mike, What was the temp for each setting?

November 09, 12:52pm

Re: cap weights
Mike, What size?

In GEAR » synthetic hoodie??
November 07, 5:59pm

Re: synthetic hoodie??
Michel, You said, "...I really like the hoodies. I have BPL and anotherone." My wool size L BPL hoodie weighs 8.75oz. and my size XL Cap 4 hoody (wrong size delivered) weighs 8.64 o...

November 07, 3:19pm

Re: synthetic hoodie??
Patagonia Men's Capilene 4 EW 1/4 Zip Hoody

November 07, 4:03am

Re: rinsed w techwash
Michael, Option B - Call your dryer manufacturer's Customer Service group and ask the specified temperature for each dryer setting.

November 06, 11:16am

Re: Re: GTX paclite DWR issues
Roger, Like you, I always wash my WPB gear in non-detergent soap to insure no residue is left to interfere with the DWR but, for the OP, the care instructions for Gore-Tex outerwear explicitly r...

November 05, 5:41pm

Re: GTX paclite DWR issues
Mike, The fluorocarbon spikes need about 140 F to stand erect, and minimize the surface energy. Buy or rent an IR thermometer and place a large piece of paper masking tape on your dryer watll. ...

November 05, 4:46am

Re: Patagonia makes dry down
DWRs degrade from abrasion as well as washing; every stuff / un-stuff cycle causes abrasion as does just sleeping in or wearing the item.

In GEAR » Patagonia makes dry down
November 03, 3:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm