BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 261 - 270 of 5440 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ...544

Forum » Thread

Re: "When your pants are kinda heavy..."
Not that heavy to worry about it. My Rail Riders Eco-Mesh pants weigh 10 ounces including the belt. Comfort, function, and durability trump weight.

In GEAR » "When your pants are kinda heavy..."
February 16, 9:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Eddie Bauer bought out
I don't own any EB, but maybe I will when they have a 2 for 1 sale and two free neckties.

In GEAR » Eddie Bauer bought out
February 16, 5:21pm

Re: Re: McHale
I have two McHales, and for almost every 3 season trip I take with them my base weight is under 10 lbs, which the pundits here say is UL. So these MUST be UL packs. Which, I suppose, is Dan's &...

In GEAR » What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
February 16, 5:05pm

Re: Re: Return dilemma
One other thing... I think people who grab extra condiments at fast food joints are thousands of times more in the wrong than someone who would return this bivy. Let your conscience guide your a...

In GEAR » Return dilemma
February 14, 4:59am

Re: Return dilemma
When OP bought this I am sure there was no documentation or conversation that the PU coating would last xx number of years. He used the item 8 times. It is not unreasonable for the average consume...

In GEAR » Return dilemma
February 14, 4:46am

Re: Looking at a new lightweight camera with fisheye lens capability, any recommendations?
Perhaps there are other options for panoramas with a P & S.

In Photography » Looking at a new lightweight camera with fisheye lens capability, any recommendations?
February 13, 7:50pm

Re: Your call
That's it; it's your call. REI will probably honor their guarantee. Whether is it right or wrong for you to exercise the warranty is for you to decide, not us. Besides there are more ...

In GEAR » Return dilemma
February 13, 7:30pm

Re: Return dilemma
"So, am i asking too much or do i have a valid case for a return?" Read REI's return policy. You can follow it to a "T" If you are asking because it might be an ethica...

In GEAR » Return dilemma
February 13, 5:27pm

Re: Plastic numbers guide
So did Mrs. Robinson and Ben use plastic?

In On the Web » Plastic numbers guide
February 13, 4:11pm

Re: camp shoes\sandals
I've never used "camp shoes/sandals" as they are extra weight. Besides, I already have camp shoes on my feet :)

In Make Your Own Gear » camp shoes\sandals
February 13, 9:35am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am