Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mike M (mtwarden) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Montana
About Me Colin Chapman "Simplify and add lightness"
My PDF Gear ListBob Marshall Open 2015

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike M

Showing 261 - 270 of 3911 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ...392

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Lightest knife to baton small pieces of wood?
a Mora 2 is tough to beat, especially factoring in price; I recently purchased a BR UL Bushcrafter- it's a very (very) nice knife- the 3V steel is wonderful, the grind is very interesting- &quo...

In GEAR » Lightest knife to baton small pieces of wood?
March 18, 8:30pm

Re: PM Thoughts
Greg- should be working, got a couple of pms the other day- just sent you one (included my email addy as well) thanks Mike

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 2015 Bob Marshall Wilderness Open
March 18, 6:17pm

Re: Thougths on Routes
Greg- feel free to pm as well :) Mike

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 2015 Bob Marshall Wilderness Open
March 17, 7:04pm

Re: Fun! and Shift question
thanks gents :) Dan- I'm a size 10.5 and there is still room on the rear strap to open more (and locate the foot more rearward), my best guess is yes- it will fit a 11.5, but don't hold ...

In Post-Trip Reports » a winter overnight w/ dayhike kit- an experiment
March 16, 9:07pm

Re: My Plans
Luke- my tentative partner is about 90% committed, but your more than welcome to join us or me as the case may be- we'll (me) be solely on foot (no rafts) we're also hoping for 3-4 day f...

March 16, 8:16pm

Re: 2015 Bob Marshall Wilderness Open
Sam- hope I get to meet you and your family, we live in the same state, but haven't crossed paths yet (nor w/ Dave C either) Mike

March 16, 7:33pm

lids
I use ti lids from fourdog, little spendy, but they are a perfect fit and look like stock lids

In GEAR » cup to nest in SP 700
March 16, 6:20pm

SP 600 cup
I happened to notice that my Costco multi vitamin is the same type of container as the Glucosamine one, just slightly smaller in diameter, sooooo... I got out my SP 600 pot/mug and slid in the mult...

In GEAR » cup to nest in SP 700
March 16, 5:57pm

Re: An Aside
I think it was an old article by Will R here (winter outing in Yellowstone???) that got me thinking about a two puffy jacket system. Your outer jacket has to be oversized so as not to hamper loft,...

In GEAR » EX Light under a UL Down Parka?
March 15, 8:10pm

Re: re: Gossamer Gear 1/8" thinlight pad - R value and weight?
definitely a new material- my new GG 1/8" pad is 3.1 oz, one my old ones are 2.2 oz; the old one is a very light grey, new one dark grey the new one is tougher, the old ones tore pretty eas...

In GEAR » Gossamer Gear 1/8" thinlight pad - R value and weight?
March 15, 7:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike M

Showing 1 - 10 of 33 | Page: 1 2 3 4

Review

Category

Petzl e+LITE
I thought I had added my review earlier on this lamp, but hadn't :) I've been very impressed w/ this diminutive lamp- if you're looking for a lamp for hours of night travel- this isn'...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
October 25, 12:08pm

Black Diamond Carbon Cork
@ 16 oz (pair) these are certainly heavier than some of the UL offerings, but still relatively light the FlickLock is about as solid of a adjustment as I've seen for trekking poles- I'm sur...

In Trekking Poles
October 18, 4:19pm

ULA Ohm
not sure why it's listed with the frameless packs, while not a robust frame- the carbon fiber/derlin frame is certainly a frame and definitely helps w/ the load capacity of this pack anywho- th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 13, 5:17pm

Montrail Sabino Trail
My first pair are over a year old now w/ ~ 500 backpacking/trail running miles- there is some light fraying here and there, but overall are still in very good condition. I've never had a hot spot...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:23pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
I'd probably go 4.5 just because of the needed velcro, but I like these enough I wanted to round up. They are breathable, they are light and they do a great job of keeping stuff out of your sho...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
September 10, 5:11pm

Osprey Talon 22
double post- whoops :)

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:26pm

Osprey Talon 22
The Talon is a very full featured pack, that carries like a dream (w/ reasonable loads). I use it for snowshoeing day trips and it swallows up the gear- shovel, bivy, down parka, etc I love the be...

In Backpacks - Frameless
January 03, 7:22pm

Wet Fire Fire Starting Tinder
I'm a little redundant w/ fire starting stuff (boy scout in me I guess)- the wetfire tinders are my "if I absolutely need to start a fire" tinder. they will even burn in water or on sno...

In Miscellaneous Products
December 14, 7:49pm

Smartwool Beanie
my Smartwool beanie makes into both my day pack and multi-day trips, light weight, warm, takes up almost no space- I don't go anywhere w/o it going on two years and it still looks/fits great

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
November 20, 8:47pm

Moosejaw the company
I've made numerous transaction with moosejaw and they have always been smooth and hassle free. their staff is knowledgable and they frequently have the best prices on gear I do have one smal...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 30, 7:00pm