BPL Community Profile

Mike Storesund (mikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mike Storesund hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Mike Storesund has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike Storesund

Showing 261 - 270 of 283 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

Mountainsmith vs Gregory
I like my Mountainsmith lumbar bag. It is extremely functional and I can easily use it on an overnight. I primarily use this as my First Aid bag with the scouts on a 3 or more day trip. While it is...

In GEAR » light backpack for desert crossing
April 01, 1:35pm

What about Bibler Winter Bivy
The Bibler Winter Bivy is made of Epic fabric, weighs 8.8 oz (250g) and costs under $100. I have been considering this one as it is much cheaper than the BPL and Oware sacks. I know the old addag...

In GEAR » BPL Vapor Bivy Sack vs. Oware Epic Bivy Sack
March 31, 10:07am

Where I got T-Touch
It was on a RC cruise to Puerto Rico, St Johns and St Thomas... On ship you avoid the import taxes and I paid $375

In GEAR » Suunto X6 vs. Vector
March 31, 9:56am

Patterns/Kits
I'm new to "making" my own gear too. Right now I am interested in making a quilt, so that has been my primary focus. I have been to: http://www.rayjardine.com/index.shtml to look at the kits they o...

In Make Your Own Gear » Gear Patterns
March 30, 11:25am

Vector vs..
I have a Suunto Vector. I thought it was a cool gadget, then I saw the Tissot T-Touch Titanium. Now I have both and like the simplicity of the T-Touch and it fits any setting professional or casual...

In GEAR » Suunto X6 vs. Vector
March 30, 10:13am

Gear List Weight Application
I have seen a few posts where people were showing complete gear lists without weights. Here is a link to a site that offers a database application with weight conversions between grams and ounce...

In Gear Lists » Gear List Weight Application
March 29, 9:41am

Traffic Cone Color
It's interesting Joe mentions the 'Traffic Cone Color' for the Kelty Light Year. I guess that must be dependant on the year model. I have last years Kelty Light Year. It does come in a traffic con...

In GEAR » How do you Go Ultralight Without Spending Major $$$? (please ignore previous thread).
March 23, 11:54am

Prepackaged vs Homemade
We go on many weekend trips with our scouts. Of course we are on a budget, so often prepackaged is frowned upon because of the cost. Many meals for the first day are prepared at home and portioned...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Prepackaged vs Homemade
March 22, 1:05pm

Platy for fuel
I agree with PJ, that the size of the Little Nipper is smaller than any other platy I carry for water, so it would be hard to confuse. On the other safety hand, anyone going through my gear may not...

In GEAR » Platyplus for fuel
March 19, 8:25am

Prefer Flat Tarp
I have an 10x10 flat tarp and a 8x10 catenary tarp. I like the tautness of the cat tarp, but have had problems with setup versatility beyond the 'A' frame. I enjoy the flexability of the flat tarp ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Flat Tarp vs. Catenary Tarp
March 18, 4:02pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike Storesund

Showing 1 - 10 of 12 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Photon Light Proton Personal Flashlight
I would give the Proton a 4 out of 5 score primarily because of its high cost ($69). It is an excellent light if you need to do any emergency signaling at night or if you need a high intensity beam fo...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 27, 9:11am

Six Moon Designs Lunar Solo
I like the simplicity in the concept of the design. It is a combination of bivy sack and single wall tent with plenty of room that weighs in at 25 ounces. The bathtub floor and netting along the floor...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
September 24, 1:11am

ULA H2O Amigo
I too am a firm believer in gravity filters. It is a blessing that you can still get filtered water with little effort while you complete some other chore around camp. I have used self made gravity fi...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
September 24, 12:59am

Beyond Backpacking by Ray Jardine
I believe each post have their valid points. I believe the general consensus, mine included, is that Beyond Backpacking © is something that should be on every backpacker’s bookshelf. I have read and r...

In Books and Media
September 11, 9:20am

Go Lite Speed
I rate this pack a 5. I also have its smaller brother the GoLite Race, which I gave my son. For 2 pounds, not including ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 02, 11:40am

GoLite Breeze
I have to say this is not the worst pack I ever had, but close to it. I do like the simplicity, but the straps are just killer. With 18 pounds I can carry on one shoulder and switch sides, but when ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 29, 4:05pm

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
These are great little lights! I have the White, Red and Blue with 2 clips. I wear the White and Red on my lanyard and keep the Blue on a hat clip. The Blue was bought as a joke with the Scouts... H...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 29, 3:58pm

REI Peak UL
I bought these to replace my older / heavier poles. I prefer collapsible poles so I can adjust the height with my tarps and my SMD Lunar Solo. I did the research before buying and was concerned about...

In Trekking Poles
August 25, 8:52am

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
I had one of these for almost a year. I thought the four pot supports were a great idea and wish more manufacturers would do so. However I had a few issues and thanks to REI return policy I was able t...

In Stoves - Canister
August 24, 1:51pm

Brunton Crux
I think this stove is the next generation of things to come. With a collapsible burner head, it folds over for 3.1 ounces of ultimate compact ability. The oversized burner head offers a better burn an...

In Stoves - Canister
August 24, 1:21pm