BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 261 - 270 of 1822 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ...183

Forum » Thread

Re: Damn those mountain bike hooligans
Multi-part reply here: Whatever we do, don't let Mr. Mike Vandeman discover this forum! I sometimes am in a role reversal. We have limited hilly areas where I live and variety is importa...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Damn those mountain bike hooligans!!!"
January 01, 9:11am

Re: IKEA Sit Pad
or just made-up marketspeak -- like Häagen-Dazs?? WHAT? Häagen-Dazs doesn't translate into "love handles"? or "thunder thighs"?

In GEAR » IKEA Sit Pad
December 31, 9:37am

FS: many small gear items
All prices include shipping to US zipcodes. All items used unless otherwise stated in each item's description PM me if interested and I'll reply with my paypal ID. MYOG breakaway...

In Gear Swap » FS: many small gear items
December 30, 5:11pm

price reduction bump: Patagonia Down Sweater
original post edited to reflect reduced price.

In Gear Swap » FS: Patagonia Down Sweater
December 30, 4:23pm

On Denali in January
I mis-read the recent thread titled "The King of Denial" (mentally moving the i to the end of the word). That reminded me that it is soon time to start following Lonnie Dupre's t...

In On the Web » On Denali in January
December 30, 9:59am

Sold Pending Funds: overstuffed Feathered Friends Kestrel sleeping bag
Sold to Anthony

In Gear Swap » FS: overstuffed Feathered Friends Kestrel sleeping bag
December 28, 2:51pm

Re: Down Sweater
DOH! I suppose knowing size would help. Thanks for pointing that out. I've edited the post to indicate XXL.

December 28, 1:40pm

FS: Patagonia Down Sweater
*SOLD*

December 28, 9:12am

FS: overstuffed Feathered Friends Kestrel sleeping bag
*SOLD*Size regular, 6 oz overfill. $225 shipped to CONUS. *SOLD* Includes the bag, stuff sack and a cotton MYOG storage sack that was not part of the original purchase. On my reasonably accurate...

In Gear Swap » FS: overstuffed Feathered Friends Kestrel sleeping bag
December 28, 5:09am

Re: Altai Hok on SHT
Hi Joseph, You might want to ask on the "hiker" yahoo group ... focuses on the SHT as well as BRT, Kek and MN/WI parts of the NCT. (enough alphabet soup for ya?) I'm not a skie...

In Winter Hiking » Altai Hok on SHT
December 23, 5:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am