BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 261 - 270 of 399 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ...40

Forum » Thread

Might can quilt
I saw this at REI last week and it has me intrigued. I wonder if I have the sewing chops to make one. It will have to have synthetic insulation - as I am allergic to down. I like the integrated pad...

In Make Your Own Gear » Might can quilt
June 05, 6:37pm

wow
Your packs continue to inspire me. I like of the outside the box thinking. The half pack is a cool idea - very versatile. I'm a very amateur pack maker (I can sew a straight line fairly wel...

In Make Your Own Gear » New Backpacks
June 05, 5:23am

awesome turtle pack
I like the low profile and easy access to gear. Are the side pockets removable? It looks like they attach to the compression strap attachement points. Rock on Dave

In Make Your Own Gear » My Center Zip pack I made
June 04, 7:35pm

This site is great
The ideas and help that you get is great. You had mentioned using tent poles for rigidity. why not rig them in a sleeve and they could be your load lifters , thus freeing your top lid to be part...

In Make Your Own Gear » Critique My Pack Idea
June 04, 5:57pm

hmm - I like it
I think I get the concept. It is a little hard for an old guy like me to follow the drawings, but is the top compartment the trapezoidal shaped part? Will it be able to scissor up and down to acco...

In Make Your Own Gear » Critique My Pack Idea
June 04, 5:33pm

10 more yards
I'll take 10 yards, I'll pm you Dave

In Make Your Own Gear » Silnylon For Sale
June 04, 3:19pm

chest pack
Hello creative minds out there. I need help designing a chest pack. I do grid searching on my Sar missions. I am constantly looking at the gps and compass. This slows me down. I would like to d...

In Make Your Own Gear » chest pack
June 03, 3:04pm

re
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I thought I would get flamed posting a 5lb pack here. who knows it may inspire an ultralight tube pack. Terry, I looked hard at the Mystery Ranch packs, bu...

In Make Your Own Gear » modular everything pack - SUH
May 31, 8:27pm

dry bag
I find the 3 tube system with the daypack adequate for now. I would use the dry bag in the winter to keep layers dry - or you could have your base gear in it and haul it up a tree and go search. It...

May 31, 8:03pm

weights
The SAR I just went on I carried 32 lbs. It was a dry SAR, so we had to hump in our own water. After we determine the search area, we set up a base camp and carry a daypack with rain gear and ER p...

May 31, 7:56pm

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am