Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bradley Danyluk (dasbin) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Bradley Danyluk hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Bradley Danyluk has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bradley Danyluk

Showing 261 - 270 of 294 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Forum » Thread

MEC sells "hybrid" mummy bags which are a layer of down underneath a layer of synthetic, and only synthetic on the bottom layer (better for loft compression?), hood (condensation), and fo...

In GEAR » Lost again
October 15, 2:36am

I just read the MSDS of the active ingredient (Metofluthrin) and it's listed as a PAN Bad Actor / Likely Carcinogen. I really would not want to be within 20 feet of this thing, let alone swimm...

In GEAR » OFF! Clip-On repellent
May 28, 1:24pm

Battery powered (2xAA), probably noisy, probably unreliable in winds (though I'd be skeptical of its ability to dissipate evenly even with zero wind), and emits toxic vapor that you aren't ...

In GEAR » OFF! Clip-On repellent
May 28, 1:13pm

My apologies; you did say "I wonder if the latter is as protective from the sun" which implied to me you weren't certain of this and were seeking clarification. A quick and dirty t...

In GEAR » UPF rating/sun-protectiveness of wool garments
May 19, 2:42am

weight, insulation etc
Good points James. I just wonder why not have the equivalent of a hardshell but without the WPB layer. Why is it even there? Why not just a 20D nylon shell with a DWR coating? Then insulation, ...

In GEAR » What's the point of WPB fabrics?
May 16, 4:56pm

wet-through vs wet-out
"The hard shell will not, however, wet-through. It'll just quit breathing effectively." Sorry, I should have been more clear. I understand this, but practically speaking, if it qui...

May 16, 4:16pm

What's the point of WPB fabrics?
I apologize if the title is at all misleading, but I'm trying to figure out what is the logic of using a WPB shell, which relies on an intact DWR to really work, versus a softshell with a DWR f...

May 16, 3:31pm

wool vs nylon
I wouldn't really count on any lightweight wool as good sun protection. Obviously it depends on the weight and the weave, but the heavier / tighter garments will likely be too hot under direct ...

In GEAR » UPF rating/sun-protectiveness of wool garments
May 16, 2:11pm

I think the larger version, the Z65, has a redesigned hip belt that is larger and much stiffer.

In GEAR » Gregory Z55 vs. Deuter 60+10 ?
May 14, 4:14pm

Maybe porcupines? I've seen them tear into rubber tires and (empty) plastic containers before and swallow it. Can't be good for the stomach...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What kind of animal eats Polycryo Groundsheets?
May 13, 12:06am

All Reader Reviews by Bradley Danyluk

Bradley Danyluk has posted no reviews.