BPL Community Profile

Bill Reynolds (billreyn1) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale North East Georgia Mountains
About Me I love to hike and play guitar.
StateGeorgia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.trailjournals.com/heart/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Reynolds

Showing 261 - 270 of 288 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

New Refuge X ?
Does anyone know if and when Ron is going to come out with any more Refuges and if they are going to incorporate any of the proposed changes? I emailed him but have not received a reply?

In GEAR » Refuge-X repaired
February 08, 6:55am

tent
I live in the Northeast Georgia mountains and my Lunar Duo is my favorite tent for 3 season use. I have a George tarp for winter. I don't think you can go wrong with the Duo.

In GEAR » Southeast US Summer/Winter Tent Choices
January 13, 1:16pm

Cohutta
It wouldn't hurt to have some blaze orange on just to be on the safe side. I usually put some on my pack also.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Firsthand Experience in Cohutta/Big Frog?
December 02, 7:45am

Re: Firsthand Experience in Cohutta/Big Frog?
I would stay away from the Conasauga River trail in the winter as it has about 40 river crossings. I haven't done any other trails as I hike mostly in The Nantahala and Chatooga river area. The...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Firsthand Experience in Cohutta/Big Frog?
December 01, 2:49pm

Refuge X
I hope the next generation of the Refuge X has the bathtub floor and interior pockets. How much could that add to the weight?

In GEAR » SMD Refuge X - lessons learned
September 16, 12:50pm

Best Backpacking Dog
He is long hair but requires very little maintenance and hardly sheds. He is a Flat Coated Retriever and he is my favorite hiking buddy. I hope to thru hike the AT with him next year. He carries hi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best Backpacking dog breed
June 26, 3:09pm

Bob Marshall
I can't recommend trails, but I did go Elk hunting there sevral years ago and obviously you need to prepare for a lot of Grizzly sign and presence. I wear a size 13 boot and could put my entire...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bob Marshall Wilderness
May 20, 8:01am

Ghost
I have a an older Blue one if you are interested let me know.

In Gear Swap » WTB MountainSmith GHOST (again)
May 02, 9:24am

re: Duo
I just stake the corners, and then put the spacer pole in then the front pole, vestibule then the rear. If it is pouring down rain you will get wet but the inside of the tent will not get soaked.

In GEAR » How to pitch a Lunar Duo in bad weather
April 24, 7:27am

Duo
Keep the Lunar Duo. Yeah the poles are a little bit of a hastle but minor when compared to the overall features of the tent. As far as setting up in the rain, I 've set mine up a couple of time...

In GEAR » How to pitch a Lunar Duo in bad weather
April 23, 2:34pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Reynolds

Bill Reynolds has posted no reviews.