BPL Community Profile

Bill Reynolds (billreyn1) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale North East Georgia Mountains
About Me I love to hike and play guitar.
StateGeorgia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.trailjournals.com/heart/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Reynolds

Showing 261 - 270 of 291 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Forum » Thread

megalight
I have a megalight and it is good down to its rating but in my opinion can't handle low teens to zero degrees. I am a cold sleeper though.

In GEAR » Which Western Mountaineering Bag for Winter
February 24, 7:40am

backpacker guitar
I have been known to take my Martin Backpacker with me and other small guitars from time to time. I hope to do a thru hike of the AT in 2010 and I've been searching for a lighter option to take...

In GEAR » BC tunes
February 12, 8:26am

Refuge X
Thanks Steve, did they say when this year and what the changes are? Thanks

In GEAR » Refuge-X repaired
February 08, 7:48am

New Refuge X ?
Does anyone know if and when Ron is going to come out with any more Refuges and if they are going to incorporate any of the proposed changes? I emailed him but have not received a reply?

In GEAR » Refuge-X repaired
February 08, 6:55am

tent
I live in the Northeast Georgia mountains and my Lunar Duo is my favorite tent for 3 season use. I have a George tarp for winter. I don't think you can go wrong with the Duo.

In GEAR » Southeast US Summer/Winter Tent Choices
January 13, 1:16pm

Cohutta
It wouldn't hurt to have some blaze orange on just to be on the safe side. I usually put some on my pack also.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Firsthand Experience in Cohutta/Big Frog?
December 02, 7:45am

Re: Firsthand Experience in Cohutta/Big Frog?
I would stay away from the Conasauga River trail in the winter as it has about 40 river crossings. I haven't done any other trails as I hike mostly in The Nantahala and Chatooga river area. The...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Firsthand Experience in Cohutta/Big Frog?
December 01, 2:49pm

Refuge X
I hope the next generation of the Refuge X has the bathtub floor and interior pockets. How much could that add to the weight?

In GEAR » SMD Refuge X - lessons learned
September 16, 12:50pm

Best Backpacking Dog
He is long hair but requires very little maintenance and hardly sheds. He is a Flat Coated Retriever and he is my favorite hiking buddy. I hope to thru hike the AT with him next year. He carries hi...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best Backpacking dog breed
June 26, 3:09pm

Bob Marshall
I can't recommend trails, but I did go Elk hunting there sevral years ago and obviously you need to prepare for a lot of Grizzly sign and presence. I wear a size 13 boot and could put my entire...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Bob Marshall Wilderness
May 20, 8:01am

All Reader Reviews by Bill Reynolds

Bill Reynolds has posted no reviews.