BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 261 - 270 of 1796 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ...180

Forum » Thread

Lighter Carbon Back Stay - Next Step
Kevin's Carbon Fiber Pack Stay: The pack Stay came by UPS yesterday. Today I have spent a little time working out my first version to attach a Pack Bag to the Carbon Fiber Stay. Not ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Lighter Carbon Back Stay - version 2
March 05, 4:10pm

10-20 Degree Cuben/XP Sleeping Bag - 15.6 ounces - Done
Thanks for taking the time to leave a few comments. Greg, Thanks for the nice comment. Kevin, While I have been in and out of the new Sleeping Bag a lot over the last few days and have ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Fiber / Climashield XP - Sleeping Bag
March 05, 3:20pm

Essential Flashpacking Gear?
James, I have had a pattern for an "Australian Drover's Coat" for a couple of years. I once thought about making one of them that I would wear during the day and convert it ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Backpacker.com Ultralight Handbook...
March 05, 9:09am

10-20 Degree Cuben/XP Sleeping Bag - 15.6 ounces - Done
My new Blue Cuben Fiber / Climashield XP Sleeping Bag is finished. Total weight is 15.55 ounces.

March 04, 11:22pm

Cuben Fiber / Climashield XP - Sleeping Bag
The Cuben Fiber / Climashield XP - Sleeping Bag is finished except for the draw cord at the opening. The opening is 33" across and the foot box width is 16". I will finish the draw cord...

March 04, 1:35am

Moving right along. Getting ready to sew the Cuben for the bottom. The numbers still look like the new Sleeping Bag will be under 16 ounces. 1. 2. 3. 4. Foot Box - Inside out

March 03, 6:23pm

Hi Kevin, I had a hard time finding this thread. Maybe one day this site will get smart and group like topics together and only display the last comment for a given thread topic. Then we would...

March 02, 11:45pm

Hi Johann, Jim and Tim, Thanks for taking the time to comment. Jim, I lived in Dahlonega, GA for 11 years. During that time I was in the woods hiking or something, during every month of t...

February 28, 10:27am

As a result of several good medical checkups in February I have a three month window between now and my next set of follow-up exams the first of June. For the first time in several years I am goin...

February 28, 1:30am

New Version 3 carbon stay !!
Hi Kevin, I am glad to see a lot of comments on your new "carbon stay". I had missed the thread when it started and the replies tonight caught my eye. I am not sure you need 6 vers...

In Make Your Own Gear » Lighter Carbon Back Stay - version 2
February 25, 11:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am