Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

ROBERT TANGEN (RobertM2S) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Lake Tahoe
About Me From planet Bllffftx.
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 261 - 270 of 538 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ...54

Forum » Thread

Big Mountain Gear
My system can't PM, but just for trivia information, did you know that Ed Viesturs had a system just for that part of the climb above 7,000 meters, namely, he and his partner would wear their M...

In Winter Hiking » Considering a Nunatak Raku
January 08, 10:07pm

Raku
I like your design ideas, and was just looking for something exiting in the way of design. I noticed that you want to do the 7 summits in UL style, and thought you might be planning something for ...

January 08, 7:58pm

Raku vs Down Suit
Huzefa: Have you done any re-designing of the hooded body suit used by Everest climbers?

January 07, 8:02pm

DIY shoe studding kit.
I heard the following rumor, FWIW: La Sportiva is selling a DIY shoe studding kit. You can also use sheet metal screws to “nail” your boots or shoes, but word is they pull out all too easily. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY shoe studding kit.
December 23, 7:33pm

Raku
Re: " I do wish my Rock Wren had the arms--nice touch!" I own and enjoy a pair of 5 oz, down-filled, black colored arms from Jacks R Better. Just use the Omni tape tabs on the short ela...

December 18, 7:20pm

Considering a Nunatak Raku
Is it capable of performing the functions of a belay parka, i.e., putting it on over other layers during rest periods or the enforced rest of belaying a partner?

December 16, 8:49pm

Scared of Heights?
Re: ‘I also carry an ultralight climbing rope for scrambles.” I do too. I think of using it like a horizontal, or uphill rappel, except I don’t double up the rope. I install a piece of pro...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Scared of Heights?
December 11, 7:03pm

Shredding Cuben with fingers
Re: "... it would be absurd to ignore real-world observations because they lack data." Fair enough. Forget controlled scientific experiments with quantitative data, how about the simple...

In GEAR » Cuben Fiber Fragile- Huh?
December 11, 3:07pm

Cuben Fiber
Re: " I have not seen any significant improvement in the light weight fabric over the product that Quest first sent me.... Please note that the above is based on direct observation, not hears...

In GEAR » Cuben Fiber Fragile- Huh?
December 10, 8:56pm

Cold 12 year old
Re: "NEVER take food into your tent if you camp in North/South America. Hang some raw bacon over your buddy's tent instead. Have video camera waiting!" Is any brand of energy bar ODO...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cold 12 year old
November 19, 9:53pm

All Reader Reviews by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Arc Blast 60 liter
I received my Zpacks Arc Blast, the large 60 liter, 17.0 oz. size for winter loads, and love it. If you are worried about getting poked, don’t worry, the stays terminate at the bottom end BEHIND the ...

In Backpacks - External Frame
September 13, 6:24pm

Rab Boreas extremely thin soft shell
1. David Chenault: “I'm a huge fan. It's been a great layer for BC skiing thus far. I expect it to be fairly bug proof too.” 2. Noted mountain climber Nils Nielsen: “The last month I’ve be...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 06, 3:44pm

WalMart / "Starter" compression shorts
(Others have written that they like these, and I agree.) The WalMart / “Starter” compression shorts are: 1. Long enough to prevent abrasion, even if you have massively muscled, Greek God-like thighs...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
May 02, 1:12pm

MLD 2009 Revelation
Five Stars! I love the new 2009 Revelation from Mountain Laurel Designs! I haven’t wrung it out like Ryan Jordan did for the pack he recently reviewed, so I don’t have his detailed data base, but th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 21, 6:12pm