BPL Community Profile

ROBERT TANGEN (RobertM2S) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Lake Tahoe
About Me From planet Bllffftx.
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 261 - 270 of 529 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ...53

Forum » Thread

Cold 12 year old
Re: "NEVER take food into your tent if you camp in North/South America. Hang some raw bacon over your buddy's tent instead. Have video camera waiting!" Is any brand of energy bar ODO...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Cold 12 year old
November 19, 9:53pm

Self-Arrest
Another source to at least orient your mind is the video, "Alpine Ice," by Jeff Lowe.

In Philosophy & Technique » Techniques in Japan: Learning How to Self-Arrest
October 28, 5:28pm

Good Luck!
Will you be using your home-made quilt? A Nathan pack?

In Other Activities » Going to Across the Years!
October 19, 9:47pm

Broken fibula
I walked on a broken fibula for 3 days without realizing it was broken. It wasn't anything heroic or super-human, it just felt more like a sprain than a break. I injured it while downhill ski...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Anybody had to self-evac after tib/fib injury?
October 13, 9:10pm

Domes vs. Geodesics
Re: "On the subject of the relative stormworthiness of domes vs tunnels, this article and the video it contains graphically demonstrate the point about tunnels deforming to shed the wind while...

In Editor's Roundtable » When Things Go Wrong
October 06, 8:36pm

Aconcagua
Stefan: Search http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/ for the full trip report. It seems two climbers formed their own sub-team, then attached themselves to a larger guided trip.

In Gear Lists » Aconcagua Gear List?
October 05, 7:16pm

GR52
Roger, while your GR52 trip was interesting, I prefer your trips that involve you coming close to dying, such as "When Things Go Wrong." Please try to include death-defying close calls i...

In Editor's Roundtable » Track Notes for the GR52 in France
October 01, 8:46pm

Re: :Robert, Robert, Robert"
Re: “Robert, Robert, Robert (hopefully said like my grandma), ease up a bit on Mike.” I agree that I was hard on him, and I know he’s a nice guy, but I’m worried about the many, many peopl...

In GEAR » winter sleep system
September 30, 1:27pm

Clelland's Dangerous Nonsense
Re: “If it snows two feet over night, you need to get up and deal!... It would take a long time to suffocate from no O2, there is plenty of air coming thru the door. If the door gets blocked up,...

September 29, 10:48am

winter sleep system
Joshua: "Robert, ever use a flooless sehlter in wet snow? That's what I'm starting to lean towards." Since I'm not an expert, I don't want to presume to give advice. But...

September 28, 3:55pm

All Reader Reviews by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Arc Blast 60 liter
I received my Zpacks Arc Blast, the large 60 liter, 17.0 oz. size for winter loads, and love it. If you are worried about getting poked, don’t worry, the stays terminate at the bottom end BEHIND the ...

In Backpacks - External Frame
September 13, 6:24pm

Rab Boreas extremely thin soft shell
1. David Chenault: “I'm a huge fan. It's been a great layer for BC skiing thus far. I expect it to be fairly bug proof too.” 2. Noted mountain climber Nils Nielsen: “The last month I’ve be...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 06, 3:44pm

WalMart / "Starter" compression shorts
(Others have written that they like these, and I agree.) The WalMart / “Starter” compression shorts are: 1. Long enough to prevent abrasion, even if you have massively muscled, Greek God-like thighs...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
May 02, 1:12pm

MLD 2009 Revelation
Five Stars! I love the new 2009 Revelation from Mountain Laurel Designs! I haven’t wrung it out like Ryan Jordan did for the pack he recently reviewed, so I don’t have his detailed data base, but th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 21, 6:12pm