BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 261 - 270 of 615 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ...62

Forum » Thread

Lightweight 2P Tent
Depending on the size of your dog you should consider the Six Moon Designs Lunar Duo. It has two vestibules and entrances and mine weighs (with the standard floor, a polycro groundsheet, and 6 sta...

In GEAR » Lightweight 2P Tent Search
June 21, 7:48am

More Kudos to Six Moon Designs
More praise for SMD and their products... I have a Lunar Duo, a Gatewood Cape, a Starlight and a Swift and have encouraged three of my friends to buy Lunar Solos. I had a problem with the str...

In GEAR » Cuben Haven arrived
June 18, 4:43pm

Where to take 20 Year-Old Daughter
Elizabeth makes some very good points. I took my oldest daughter on her first backpacking trip when she was 15. Unfortunately it was my first trip in more than 25 years and our pack weights were,...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Where to take 20 year old daughter?
June 15, 1:59pm

Evernew Ti Stove Versus 12-10
Jacko, You've pointed out one of the things I love most about these forums...That what you thought you knew might indeed be wrong! I'm quite intrigued now and will do a little test on m...

In GEAR » searching for a light alcohol stove
June 15, 11:40am

Caldera Cone with the Evernew Burner
Jacko, I bought the Evernew stove for what seems to be the same reasons you did - I wanted something light and virtually indestructible. I was disappointed when I used it in the field though. ...

In GEAR » searching for a light alcohol stove
June 14, 6:39am

Lightweight First Aid
You should only need one first aid kit - it should work as your kit for day hikes as well as multi-day trips. I make two changes depending on the length of the trip: - Quantity of medications (...

In Make Your Own Gear » Lightweight First Aid
June 13, 11:14am

Opinion
Doug, Nice work as always. It looks a lot like the "old" BPL emails we used to get weekly that covered the lead articles as well as recent reviews and trip reports (if I recall correc...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Would you do me the favor of lending your opinion?
June 12, 10:38am

Lunar Duo Pole Length
Sorry - I don't know how long I make the poles...It varies with conditions: - If it's rainy & windy I'm likely to pitch the tent a little closer to the ground and count on the wi...

In GEAR » Lightheart Gear duo vs Six Moon Design Lunar Duo
June 12, 10:34am

JetBoil to Alcohol Stove Transition
I too found it hard to move from the speed and convenience of the JetBoil to an alcohol stove, but the weight savings made it worth it. I went with the Caldera Cone setup and was amazed at how wel...

In GEAR » Has anyone used the Gram Weenie Pro?
June 12, 7:49am

SMD Lunar Duo Rain Sag
I have the Lunar Duo and love it. It does tend to sag a bit if it rains but it's never been an issue for me. I make my trekking poles about 4 inches longer than they need to be when I initial...

In GEAR » Lightheart Gear duo vs Six Moon Design Lunar Duo
June 12, 7:44am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am