Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 261 - 270 of 2121 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ...213

Forum » Thread

Weight Savings and Comfort
The weight difference between a well designed UL pack and a frameless pack of the same size really isn't that great. For example the HMG Windrunner is 28 oz. A frameless pack of similar size ...

In GEAR » What Dan McHale has to say about UL backpacks
January 12, 5:46pm

Old Blacksmiths
I believe the Arabs used scimitars made of Damascus at one point. Netflics had an interesting documentary on a Viking sword. Apparently they found a way to carbonize steel which improved its ...

In GEAR » Interesting Knife
January 03, 5:55pm

Yurts?
I know some people have used Yurts as cabins to get around excessive building codes (they are "temporary" structures). If you found a nice piece of property maybe putting a yurt on it wo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Buy a cabin near Kings Canyon/ Sequoia west entrances?
January 03, 3:07pm

Backup Plan
Well if you're flying here's another idea. Fly into Jackson Hole and rent a car. From there spend some time in Yellowstone. Car camp and spend a couple day's watching animals in the La...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help me get ready for a summer trip to Glacier NP
January 02, 12:08pm

On the way
Ian I don't know beans about Glacier but have you considered stopping in Yellowstone on the way up? The geysers and hot springs were okay but not something I'd make a special trip to see. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Help me get ready for a summer trip to Glacier NP
January 02, 11:18am

Me Too
I'm be happy to chime in if we can schedule a call or Skype.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ultralight Backpacking Thesis help
January 02, 6:46am

March Hikes
March really isn't hiking season in CO. Maybe the Gila Wilderness? I have not done that area in the spring but I imagine timing would be key. There could be snow up high and high water in th...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Spring break hiking extravaganza
December 31, 8:41pm

Mountain Bikes and Wilderness
I once met two mountain bikers a couple miles into the Pecos Wilderness. I asked them if they knew they could get a ticket for being there (I was bluffing I assume the FS would ticket them). They...

In Editor's Roundtable » 2013 Staff Picks
December 31, 8:13am

Sleeping Bags?
What's with the CA rule? Do they not sell sleeping bags and pads period or is it just some rule about reselling a used one?

In Gear Deals » rei garage sale
December 28, 5:00pm

Critter Watching
I plan on being in Wyoming again but don't have specifics, as it gets closer post plans and I'll let you know if I'll be up there. My brother has done more wildlife watching then me....

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Yellowstone trip with an emphasis on wildlife?
December 27, 10:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.