BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 261 - 270 of 1996 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ...200

Forum » Thread

Re Re Re Re Camping
Stephen you must be living in the depths of hikers purgatory:( Since everything is far away I'd save Grayson for your early spring and fall trips and go someplace a bit cooler in the summer.

In Editor's Roundtable » A Guide to the Grayson Highlands
September 10, 9:57pm

Re Re Camping
You need to convince "ny" buddies to go? Is that a misspell for "My" or NY as in New York? If you're in New York the "daks" are closer. If you're somewhere ...

September 10, 8:41pm

Camping
Yep you can camp pretty much anywhere. Off the top of my head the only areas I can think of where you can't camp are a small area around deep camp and the area around the Old Orchard Shelter. ...

September 10, 7:27pm

Re Re A Guide to the Grayson Highlands
Not technically above treeline Stephen but about as close as you are going to get in the mid-Atlantic. As others have mentioned your other main choice would be the Shining Rock Wilderness Area whi...

September 10, 6:36pm

Hydration
Chugging doesn't work well for me. Well I do camel up at times but I can only take so much, especially at altitude. I do tend to chug more in the evening, maybe resting has something to do wi...

In Post-Trip Reports » My (failed) attempt at a SHR section.
September 09, 8:52pm

Re Re Re Re My (failed) attempt at a SHR section
Nice pictures. Sorry about the sickness, happened to me once too. I find a lot of factors come into play with altitude sickness. Sometimes I think I'm missing some nutrient, other times ...

In Post-Trip Reports » My (failed) attempt at a SHR section.
September 09, 6:28pm

Just watch the handle
I'm less interested in the blade and more interested in the handle length. I don't like tiny handles if I'm doing serious cutting. Small handles are tiring and I'm concerned about...

In GEAR » how big of a knife do we really need (or how small of knife can we get by with)?
September 08, 10:22pm

Exped Frame
The frame should be kept off your back by the thick lumbar pad. I never felt it. If it does touch your back you can remove the frame and re-bend it. Michael I'm in Midland but might go t...

In GEAR » load hauler backpack properties
September 08, 6:18pm

Re Re How do you do it Nick
Thanks Nick, I may have more desert hiking in my future so I'll remember that.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "nothing will hit us, we will not die, we will not drown, in JESUS name"
September 08, 5:58pm

How do you do it Nick
"Only once was I in potential danger, but I moved to safe ground when the rain started, even though I was not anticipating a flood." Seems like a pretty good track record Nick. Would ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "nothing will hit us, we will not die, we will not drown, in JESUS name"
September 08, 5:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.