Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 261 - 270 of 2137 | Page: 1 ...18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ...214

Forum » Thread

Smart business move
Smart move on Ron's part in my opinion. Looks like two things are going on. First they want to expand past the UL niche market. Good idea because the UL market isn't going to grow dramati...

In GEAR » new SMD packs
January 29, 9:51pm

Re Re Pack Weight and Materials
The lightest you can make a practical internal frame pack is about 1.5-2 pounds. If you have a frame, a hipbelt and adequately durable materials you're going to have 24-32 oz when you are done...

In GEAR » new SMD packs
January 27, 5:58pm

Re Re Nice
Glad to hear how light they are. I'm set with packs at the moment but I always love seeing new ideas and who knows, maybe I'll trade an old one in at some point. That hipbelt looks pretty...

In GEAR » new SMD packs
January 26, 9:17pm

Packs
I'm not into packrafting yet but I've seen lots of guys here using internal frame packs, no reason to get an external. The big question is whether your pack has the room and can support th...

In GEAR » Any recommendations for internal frame backpack for packraft?
January 26, 9:12pm

Nice
Very nice what is the weight on them? I'm also interested in the hipbelt where does it attach? Poor hipbelts have been the downfall of otherwise great packs.

In GEAR » new SMD packs
January 26, 9:03pm

Hey guys
"Yes, well it doesn't help when this culture starts out with "Hey Guys..." at the beginning of every sentence." I got an idea. We should all switch to the good old southe...

In GEAR » Roll Your Own Toilet Paper
January 26, 9:08am

SMD Pack
Can't wait to see them. Whoever takes pictures is going to have a lot of questions fired their way.

In GEAR » new SMD packs
January 25, 12:40am

Bad Idea
Don't do it. The shoes may have different "stack heights' (i.e. the soles have different thicknesses). If each foot is different your walking will be off in weird ways and you could ...

In GEAR » Comparing Shoes — Go for a day hike with one on each foot?
January 23, 6:09am

Packs
Hopefully Leigh Baker will weigh in at some point. She hurt her back at some point and has tried a variety of packs out. However she keeps coming back to her Deuter pack. Its a bit heavy but its ...

In GEAR » Lighter pack or better frame with bad back?
January 21, 7:15pm

Re GG G4
I agree on the G4. I think the Golites will be a good compromise. One thing I've noticed is some kids don't pack very carefully (yeah shocking isn't it). If their packs aren't...

In GEAR » Kids BackPack recommendations
January 20, 10:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.