BPL Community Profile

Eugene Smith (Eugeneius) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Nuevo Mexico
About Me Eugene Smith has not added a biography yet.
CityLas Cruces
StateNew Mexico
CountryUSAish
My Website URLhttp://desertpaincave.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear List2 year old outdated gear list that needs to be updated badly

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eugene Smith

Showing 2591 - 2600 of 2602 | Page: 1 ...242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261

Forum » Thread

Marmot Essence
I've owned the Essence for a couple months and have found the jacket fills the gap quite well as a windshirt, at least I see no reason to purchase a separate windshirt at this moment. I've...

In GEAR » Marmot Mica
March 23, 6:43pm

Desert combustible material
I don't have any experience with the Bushbuddy stove, however as a resident of southern New Mexico I'm pretty familiar with Chihuahuan desert foliage. Depending on where you are, mesquite ...

In GEAR » BushBuddy in the desert
March 20, 7:49am

Talon series
I picked up a Talon 33, and have loaded it up with about 25lbs of gear (mostly water) for a long dayhike, I had no complaints with the pack. The hipbelt was very supportive and didn't slip on ...

In GEAR » Golite Jam or Osprey Talon
March 08, 8:52am

MontBell colors
I'm in favor of the colors, more contemporary, hands down way better than Western Mountaineerings odd color palette, like my deep purple Megalite! Great gear, terrible color. Rust is cool.

In GEAR » New 2009 Mont-Bell Down Bags
March 08, 8:40am

Lowepro AW camera cases
I'm currently using the Lowepro Apex 5 AW, it has a rubber bottom and all weather cover, very durable and expandable if need be with a divider in between the compartment. I slip it through my ...

In Photography » Camera Case
March 08, 8:34am

Megalite is Mega awesome
I'm also a Megalite owner, a happy one at that. I have never owned such a nice piece of outdoor gear. Way worth the money for a great bag.

In GEAR » Got my Megalite.........
March 05, 5:53pm

Golite shoes seem to run large
I feel the Golite shoes run a little big, maybe a 1/2 size or slightly more. I'm a true 12 and I could have gone with the 11/11.5 size most definitely. I'll likely have to wear a fuller s...

In Gear Swap » Go Lite Shoes, New
February 28, 1:52pm

UL backpacking?
I'm still laughing, that video was great.

In GEAR » Best pack ever ?
February 28, 1:38pm

Komperdell poles 4.9 oz.
4.9oz. per pole! That weight is surprisingly minimal, I'd be curious to see the kind of long term use one could get out of those on the trail. I have never used a carbon fiber product other t...

In GEAR » trekking pole question
February 26, 8:47pm

Black Diamond Trail
PM sent

In GEAR » trekking pole question
February 26, 8:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Eugene Smith

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs
Ron had my MLD Spinnaker Monk tarp repaired and improved upon free of charge with reinforced tieouts in 1 week, from shipping to Rons' shop, sewn, and shipped back to me, one week! This would nev...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 10, 9:43pm

Golite Shangri La 1
I have owned the Golite Shangri La 1 for several months now and have used it on about 3 trips so far in the desert southwest with variable weather conditions in the mountains and lower regions. F...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
May 16, 7:20am

Western Mountaineering Megalite
I recently used the WM Megalite on a 5 day trip through the Gila with temps at night ranging from the mid 20's to the lower 40's. Light wind was present each evening and the bag and draft tub...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
April 13, 10:00pm