Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Eugene Smith (Eugeneius) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Nuevo Mexico
About Me Eugene Smith has not added a biography yet.
CityLas Cruces
StateNew Mexico
CountryUSAish
My Website URLhttp://desertpaincave.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear List2 year old outdated gear list that needs to be updated badly

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eugene Smith

Showing 2591 - 2600 of 2610 | Page: 1 ...242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261

Forum » Thread

my top 3
Bad Brains, Minor Threat, The Faction, make the top of the list for me, raw speed, fast riffs, great jams.

In Chaff » Punk Rock Lovin' Ultralighters
April 13, 9:33pm

my lighterweight life
Ryan, for me the answer is becoming more and more clear with every trip and every adjustment I make with my gear and my outdoor methodology, the desire to challenge and push myself physically whil...

In Philosophy & Technique » WHY?
April 13, 5:53pm

Ohm vs. Jam2 load transfer
This has kind of been mentioned, I couldn't really find a clear answer. I'm curious in knowing what users of both the '09 Jam2 and the Ohm feel in terms of load transfer at 25 lb., whic...

In GEAR » ULA Ohm
April 13, 12:53pm

Day hiking with a lumbar pack
I day hike and love it, nothing beats an extended trip though. I also have wondered about hip/lumbar packs for UL overnighters, especially very temperate conditions with abundant/frequent water so...

In GEAR » What about day hikes?
April 05, 8:13pm

No problem
Sure thing, thanks for the advice. I know how fast this forum gets inundated with new posts and threads, I'd hate to get buried in all the good stuff that constantly comes up. This forum is pro...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Granite Gear hipbelt Mens MEDIUM
March 30, 7:58am

bump

March 30, 5:29am

WTB: Granite Gear hipbelt Mens MEDIUM
I'm in need of a hipbelt, Mens Medium, for a Nimbus Meridian. Does anyone have one in good shape that they are willing to part with? Thanks.

March 29, 7:50pm

Looking up
I'm beginning to learn to balance looking ahead and being aware of foot placement instead of looking down all day. I disagree that looking down is the way to avoid injury and bodily harm, sure...

In Chaff » When/How did you stop looking down?
March 29, 5:43pm

Marmot Essence
I've owned the Essence for a couple months and have found the jacket fills the gap quite well as a windshirt, at least I see no reason to purchase a separate windshirt at this moment. I've...

In GEAR » Marmot Mica
March 23, 6:43pm

Desert combustible material
I don't have any experience with the Bushbuddy stove, however as a resident of southern New Mexico I'm pretty familiar with Chihuahuan desert foliage. Depending on where you are, mesquite ...

In GEAR » BushBuddy in the desert
March 20, 7:49am

All Reader Reviews by Eugene Smith

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs
Ron had my MLD Spinnaker Monk tarp repaired and improved upon free of charge with reinforced tieouts in 1 week, from shipping to Rons' shop, sewn, and shipped back to me, one week! This would nev...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 10, 9:43pm

Golite Shangri La 1
I have owned the Golite Shangri La 1 for several months now and have used it on about 3 trips so far in the desert southwest with variable weather conditions in the mountains and lower regions. F...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
May 16, 7:20am

Western Mountaineering Megalite
I recently used the WM Megalite on a 5 day trip through the Gila with temps at night ranging from the mid 20's to the lower 40's. Light wind was present each evening and the bag and draft tub...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
April 13, 10:00pm