Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2551 - 2560 of 3586 | Page: 1 ...247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ...359

Forum » Thread

Grand Canyon sub 36 hours
On my trail run tonight the following scheme was hatched by a voice in my head...I want to run some ideas by anyone who's been Rim to Rim to Rim. Here's the plan: 1. First or second we...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Grand Canyon sub 36 hours
September 14, 8:46pm

Re: Re: BPL Rank
As a testament to its meaninglessness, my gear list was in the top 15 or so (when it was according to rank) for a very long time. It includes Bracers of Defense +2, among other magic items. H...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » BPL RANK
September 14, 5:49pm

Re: Blood Pressure
Try going vegan and making sure at least 1 meal a day is raw. Avoid packaged foods and garbage (salt and refined sugar). Pretty hard to not see your cholesterol and blood pressure drop on a purel...

In Other Activities » Blood Pressure
September 14, 11:01am

Re: Need Help with My big 4!!
Are you planning on spending money to change this list? How much? You can't get lighter without replacing these. You could cut your pad weight in half by buying a short Ridgerest, even mor...

In Gear Lists » Need Help with My big 4!!
September 10, 5:30pm

Re: RidgeRest
I do the same thing with my cut down ridgerest in a GoLite Jam...roll a tube and stuff it.

In GEAR » photos of your sleeping pad(s) with backpack?
September 09, 10:24pm

Re: My First Bicycle Tour
I'd love to see your dry bags, especially for the short chainstays. There are so many ways to set up a bike.... I'm the opposite of those posting here in regards to touring bikes. I di...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » My First Bicycle Tour
September 09, 8:59am

Some music to share....
I first heard the Anonymous 4 on KUSC Classical (91.5 Southern California) many many months ago. I typically run without any music, I'm somewhat of a minimalist/purist in that category. But...

In Chaff » Some music to share....
September 07, 10:44pm

Re: Nice
Cowboy is the only way to go if you like it strong. Easy...no extra gear to carry and I always have fresh grounds in the house. And does the trick so much better after a night of whiskey and beer...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Beautiful Cup
September 07, 9:33pm

Re: Kili hike partner - I have wife permission!
Right on Nick. I'll come down and hike/run San Jacinto with you if you want a training partner every now and then.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Kilimanjaro
September 06, 7:47pm

Re: Re: Hands free washing system
I seriously think people are getting overly worried about this stuff. Follow me for a second: What is the fundamental difference between crapping at home or in the woods? A toilet, a roll of...

In Philosophy & Technique » Hands free washing system
September 06, 1:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm