Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2551 - 2560 of 3501 | Page: 1 ...247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ...351

Forum » Thread

Re: Lost Coast
Well gosh darn, now I'm getting excited! A day or two in the giant redwoods followed by a few days of fishing the beaches - and then reverse- sounds like just what I need right about now. ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lost Coast
June 16, 9:10am

Re: Re: Re: Lost Coast North
Thanks for the offer Ken, it's very generous of you. I get my map tomorrow so I'll be able to make more sense of this. Since I have the time, now I'm considering yo-yo'ing the ...

June 15, 10:11pm

Re: Lost Coast North
Thanks for the info everyone, I appreciate it. Forgive my ignorance, nobody around here stocks maps for the Lost Coast, I have one in the mail... Thoughts so far: A. Starting south of Shelte...

June 15, 8:39am

Lost Coast
Howdy all, I have some general questions about the Lost Coast I was looking for guidance on... I've read a few trip reports, but all the starting and ending locations seem to vary. So: -W...

June 14, 8:00pm

Re: "Time vs Weight"
Aside from fashioning beds from branches (a rightfully outdated practice in most high-impact areas), all you're talking about is cooking over a woodfire, roasting fish on sticks, using natural ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Time vs Weight
June 13, 9:57pm

Re: Re: Craig and Nick's Excellent Adventure
Here are a few photos from the trip shot with a Holga 120N. Fun, unpredictable little backpacking camera, as it's pretty light. I wasn't overly impressed with this roll, but have had some...

In Post-Trip Reports » Craig and Nick's Excellent Adventure
June 12, 6:05pm

Re: Polyester+me=stand ten feet away
Odor be damned...no t-shirt is worth ~$60 to me. It's either synthetic or cotton (for summer).

In GEAR » Best next-to-skin layer
June 10, 10:18pm

MMMMM....Giardia
I had a negative lab for it, yet the doctor was pretty certain I had it based on symptoms and discussion. Food poisoning doesn't last that long, I had no vomiting, and no other flu-like sympto...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Giardia
June 08, 10:30pm

New Balance Minimus
http://running.competitor.com/2010/05/features/a-simple-kind-of-man_10093 For those interested in minimal shoes: In this article Anton Krupicka mentions the Minumus, but there is no mention o...

In GEAR » New Balance Minimus
June 02, 8:54am

Re: nice
Thanks for doing this writeup Nick, it was a good trip indeed. I highly recommend this loop to anyone in SoCal. One third of the trip is nearly indistinguishable from the Sierra. It's pretty...

In Post-Trip Reports » Craig and Nick's Excellent Adventure
June 01, 11:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm