BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2551 - 2560 of 3142 | Page: 1 ...247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ...315

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Ultralight Backpacking Ethically (UBE)
"UL backpacking does take an anti-stuff stance in that sense. It is easier to eliminate wasted stuff from your life if you already have taken it out of your pack...." Hang around this ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ultralight Backpacking Ethically (UBE)
October 21, 6:53pm

Re: Lefty mentality
Funny you mention this Thomas. I was also going to bring up my grandmother- she turns 87 today. "Environmentalism" was not around in her youth. There were no "green" jobs, et...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ultralight Backpacking Ethically (UBE)
October 21, 12:27pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Affordable packrafts are overdue
Hey, you can do a lot with a $60 bike that you can't do on a $6000 dollar one: 1. Actually ride it to a store! 2. leave it outside 3. ride it in the rain 4. drop it without worry 5. ...

In Packrafting » Affordable packrafts are overdue
October 19, 10:43pm

Re: Re: Affordable packrafts are overdue
Seriously. You're looking at $1000 dollars just to get outfitted with a basic setup (including paddle, PFD, etc). I can buy a fully rigged fishing/diving/touring kayak for that money...fish...

In Packrafting » Affordable packrafts are overdue
October 19, 9:07pm

Re: Lighten Up DVD
Uh, guys... ...you're not supposed to actually SAY you're gonna try to copy it.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Lighten Up DVD
October 19, 4:24pm

Re: do you have a handy guidebook for that?
Not using a filter/chemicals hasn't got me, maybe it never will. Maybe. Whatever, we'll see what happens. I don't always do this, but have done it enough to not worry much. In most ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Do you filter?
October 19, 3:05pm

Re: 300 Black Bears killed so far in Ca. hunting season
Eating unicorns is barbaric Joe. I practice strict catch and release, barbless hooks only.

In Chaff » 300 Black Bears killed so far in Ca. hunting season?
October 15, 9:49pm

Re: re
"It's interesting, the human urge to preserve the planet as it is. The planet doesn't care what we do, it just is. I'd rather not see a species go extinct but why do we care oth...

October 15, 8:57pm

Re: and so it goes
In regards to bighorn sheep, et al: Considering the cruelty we are capable of waging on our OWN species, I really don't think animals ultimately stand much of a chance.

October 15, 8:05pm

Re: yes.
"If you hurt animals merely to entertain yourself (even in a currently socially-accepted manner), there's something very wrong with you." I think this statement carries a LOT of ...

October 15, 2:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm