Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2551 - 2560 of 3398 | Page: 1 ...247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ...340

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: It's great to have a great woman...
"If both partners enjoy outdoor activity, then it would be cruel for one of them to waltz off and leave the other at home with the kids. Of course, for many men I'm guessing that a "g...

In Chaff » It's great to have a great woman...
April 13, 5:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: It's great to have a great woman...
"Nothing great about that in my eyes." Well aren't you just a bundle of sunshine! "Now, a woman who responds with "sure, I'd love to walk the JMT with you this...

April 12, 9:13pm

Re: Mike McHenry
Really small balloons seem much easier than this tape method- just find the smallest one you can and roll it over the top and 3/4 down the Bic. And you can reuse it rather than look for more tape.

In Philosophy & Technique » Waterproofing bic mini lighter (video)
April 12, 1:41pm

Re: Re: Big Pack Advice
Or I can continue to make due with what I've got and get a new tattoo.... Damn.

In GEAR » Big Pack Advice
April 12, 9:52am

Re: Chantry is too developed.
Is Crystal Lake even open? I think everything west of the East Fork San Gabriel River is closed because of the Station fire until September 2010. I'd say go up Icehouse Canyon, but not ne...

In Post-Trip Reports » Know a good LA hike for a kid?
April 12, 8:39am

Re: Floor/net combo
I'm totally interested in you design Tood- nice looking plan. This is pretty much what I thought of doing, but I lack the Sketchup skills you've got there. A ~10oz. inner would be ama...

In Make Your Own Gear » Floor/Net Suggestions for Shangri-La 3
April 11, 9:29pm

It's great to have a great woman...
..or man, or whoever you're with. I offhandedly mentioned to my wife tonight that I'd love to walk the JMT again one of these days. To which she replied "So go this summer."...

April 11, 9:01pm

Re: Pack Advice
Thank you David, that's really what I needed to know. I'm going to hold off and browse what's out there a while, I'm in no hurry.

April 11, 8:53pm

Re: Heavier Load but still light pack
You got it John- It's not so much that I need a monster pack...it's exactly as you describe. A bit more volume with the addition of a frame. That's why the Catalyst turns me on- it&#...

April 11, 8:09pm

Re: Re: Big Pack Advice
In regards to McHale, I can't justify spending that much on a pack...thanks for the recommendation though. I'm already questioning why I should be willing to spend $250 on something new.

April 11, 1:41pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm