BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2551 - 2560 of 3222 | Page: 1 ...247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ...323

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: unwritten rules
Be nice and share? I've always thought sharing food and alcohol with your friends was the right way to do it... And what's with all this crazy fear of seeing a friend naked?

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Unwritten Rules of Backpacking with Buddies
December 08, 8:48am

Re: UL with a gun
I keep a loaded Glock in every room of my house so I can "light up intruders like a Christmas tree". All the guns are also handy in case I feel like spontaneously dressing up my wife in ...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL with a gun?
December 04, 11:16am

Re: Dead Horse Argument
"What strikes me as odd is that after 4 pages of posts, no one has answered my original question." Oh, I think many have tried. You just don't like the answers. Poor dead horse.

In Philosophy & Technique » UL with a gun?
December 04, 8:54am

Re: Re: Re: Climategate
"You've got vision!" And skills.

In Chaff » Climategate
December 03, 7:25pm

Re: Climategate
"Wait until Goldman Sachs gets ahold of the cap and trade exchange...." Seriously. And just to clarify my position a bit better...I do have an opinion concerning the legitimacy (o...

In Chaff » Climategate
December 03, 3:13pm

Re: Climategate
Here's my opinion on it all (since you asked!): An Inconvenient Truth helped to put global warming on the map amongst the mainstream. In subsequent years, it's been used as the rallying c...

In Chaff » Climategate
December 03, 12:27pm

Re: Re: How do you have time?
Teaching! (I'm a high school ceramics teacher/chair of the fine art dept.) 3 months off/year, plus every gov't. holiday...plus 11 paid "sick" days/year that roll over if not u...

In Chaff » How do you have time?
December 01, 7:43pm

Re: Re: Where can I find an oval snow peak cook set
I actually used to have one of those and ended up quickly returning it. I liked the idea but quickly found that the elongated shape was really unstable while on a stove.

In GEAR » Where can I find an oval snow peak cook set
December 01, 8:56am

Re: Vegan Sausage
Yes. But not as disgusting as the real thing :) And it keeps.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Processed foods... Bleh... Ideas?
December 01, 8:54am

Re: re:processed foods
What is the trip length? Being out for days is one thing, but I suspect most people here go for 3 nights or less on average. It's always strange to me when I see folks heading for all the de...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Processed foods... Bleh... Ideas?
December 01, 8:44am

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm