BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2551 - 2560 of 3132 | Page: 1 ...247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ...314

Forum » Thread

Re: Re : Map and compass?
" am worried about getting lost as i recently talked to a guide and the blazes are in need of repainting." Please don't go repainting blazes! I don't know how the rest of yo...

In GEAR » Need GPS suggestions
October 15, 8:47am

Re: yeah.
Here it comes!!!!....3....2.....1......

In Chaff » 300 Black Bears killed so far in Ca. hunting season?
October 14, 11:23am

Re: 300 Black Bears killed so far in Ca. hunting season?
Personally, I'm not into the idea of hunting bear. However, according to DFG statistics, the populations are large, growing, and perfectly sustainable even with hunting. That is, if you belie...

In Chaff » 300 Black Bears killed so far in Ca. hunting season?
October 14, 9:41am

Re: Kids gear
My kid's gear on the cheap (I have an 8 year old son and 6 year old daughter): Packs: Homemade, 9 oz. each, modified versions of the MYOG Jay Ham packs shown in the 5 yards to SUL article on...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking with kids - questions
October 14, 8:43am

Re: Bow Hunting
I've been looking at recurve take downs as well... I'll be taking some archery lessons soon- I'll talk to the instructors about kit recommendations. Ahhh, the money...I really want ...

In GEAR » Ultralight Rifle
October 12, 10:37pm

Re: post storm
I know you were excited about your upcoming trip. Sounds like this changes things some...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » ****WEATHER WARNING****
October 12, 4:02pm

Re: Ultralight Rifle
I don't think a hunting forum would be a bad idea here; just another subdivision of UL backpacking with it's own unique gear/issues. I'm also pretty curious about bowhunting and back...

October 11, 8:45pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ultralight Rifle
"Some of the cons mentioned sound a lot like the arguments made against using ultralight shelters and such IE "you risking your safety by going so light!"" True. However...

October 09, 12:43pm

Re: a .22lr for survival
Someone mentioned the lack of a trigger guard earlier. I really don't like the idea! I realize that if you were careful and kept the safety on and follow all the rules you should be OK...but i...

October 09, 11:25am

Re: Re: Your math is correct
Interesting... I'm a big guy (6'2" 205) but I find myself eating very little when I backpack, much less than at home. I've totaled up some trail days I've done and find I oft...

In Gear Lists » Updated Gear List
October 09, 9:03am

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm