Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2551 - 2560 of 3458 | Page: 1 ...247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ...346

Forum » Thread

Re: Southern california fishing help
Saltwater? Freshwater? Flyfishing? I do just about all of it. What are you looking to get into? Where in SoCal are you? I'm up in beautiful Altadena.

In Fishing » Southern california fishing help
May 14, 7:10pm

Re: Re: "Elite Runners Wear Shoes"
"...latch onto barefoot running as a sort of sacred truth that allows me to feel superior to the unsaved shoe-wearing runners who kick my butt in races." What is the author basing this...

In Other Activities » "Elite Runners Wear Shoes"
May 07, 10:06pm

Re: ""Elite Runners Wear Shoes""
Yeah, the Bikilas trip me out. Pretty soon they'll be adding air soles.

May 07, 12:40pm

Re: ""Elite Runners Wear Shoes""
I find the marketing in this movement- especially for 5 Fingers- very strange. A company pushes the idea of running barefoot...but then there's nothing to sell...so we have to create a $99 &qu...

May 07, 9:21am

Re: Re: ""Elite Runners Wear Shoes""
I don't think going barefoot/minimal is necessarily all about being a "better" or faster runner though. I'm dealing many aspects of this question right now. I use minimal foot...

May 06, 9:23am

Re: Depends on what you think of this country
Seriously, you want to use the worst of the worst as the benchmark by which we measure our country? As for the "why don't you move" if rent is too high in your area argument, peopl...

In Chaff » Stop and Identify Laws
May 06, 9:01am

Re: Re: Re: Stop and Identify Laws
How can the US's approach to this issue be characterized as anything but racist when the penalties are so VASTLY different for the immigrant vs. the employer? What's a "substandar...

May 05, 11:21pm

Re: Stop and Identify Laws
Yes, stupid indeed. But I think for different reasons. If you're on the immigrant side, you can get your door kicked in at 3AM, flashlight in the face and an automatic weapon pointed at you...

May 05, 10:53pm

Re: Olympics
Emma Lazarus never stipulated the color of skin or country of origin, did she? ________________ The New Colossus Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame, With conquering limbs astride fro...

May 05, 6:31pm

Re: ID
I don't carry cash, cards, or ID unless it's a major hike and I have to resupply or take a bus home or something. If it's an out and back, I hide my keys near the trailhead somewhere. ...

In GEAR » car keys
May 05, 9:23am

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm