BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2551 - 2560 of 3159 | Page: 1 ...247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ...316

Forum » Thread

Re: Re : Sil-nylon bush
The one thing that many of the explorers of old had the luxury of was fire. For us contemporary trekkers, this isn't possible anymore (in all locations). A somewhat limiting factor.

In Philosophy & Technique » Ultralight Backpacking Ethically (UBE)
October 29, 10:04am

Re: UBE: "you be" the change you want to see
Well spoken Brian and Michael. Count me in. So when's our first trip with organic threads? -I'll look into Burtynsky, thank Michael. To all reading this, I'd highly recommend ...

October 29, 8:33am

Plastic...
Making things out of stuff that never really goes away is pretty crazy when you think about it though.... Check out these photos... http://www.chrisjordan.com/current_set2.php?id=11

October 28, 9:45pm

Re: ube.
You said it Dave. I'm pretty suspicious of the urge to buy our way to some sort of sustainability through better products...meanwhile the factories, freighters, tractors, and trains still ro...

October 28, 8:58pm

Re: Re: Re: back to packing
The single most sustainable backpacking kit is probably the one that you already have. I suppose it's pretty easy: regardless of what type of gear you own, just don't go out and buy any mo...

October 28, 8:11pm

Re: back to packing
Thanks for posting this Michael. We were just talking about this on the phone- holy crap, non-internet human contact! UL/SUL gear doesn't excite me too much anymore either. I practice it...

October 28, 5:04pm

Re: SUVs
I think demonizing people due to what they drive is being pretty arrogant; nobody knows who these people are or what/why they might be driving a big car. What about the Honda Civic driver that d...

October 27, 1:42pm

Re: controlling.
Definitely a possibility...

October 26, 2:52pm

Re: re
"Of course, the 800 pound gorilla in the room is population control." Which populations? Those found in the slums of Calcutta or those found in middle class America? As for control...

October 26, 2:31pm

Re: Re: This is all interesting, but insignificant
"Someone once said that the only sincere act of an extreme environmentalist is to commit suicide." These misanthropic arguments are pretty tiring. Perhaps it should read "the gre...

October 25, 9:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm