BPL Community Profile

Rog Tallbloke (tallbloke) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
About Me Backpacking since 11 years old. :-)
CityLeeds
StateGods own County
CountryBritain
My Website URLhttp://www.tallbloke.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rog Tallbloke

Showing 2531 - 2540 of 2557 | Page: 1 ...237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256

Forum » Thread

Re: Jardine finds a weak point in corn pasta!!
Hasta la Pasta baby.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Jardine finds a weak point in corn pasta!!
January 21, 8:09pm

Re: Better than kelly
Hi Brian, Hmmm. 4pint capacity and weighs *THREE POUNDS*!!! Just get 4 of my 1 pint models and save 2/3ds of the weight. ;-) I don't like the look of the handle either, no way my knuckles ...

In Make Your Own Gear » 4 1/2oz Kelly Kettle
January 21, 7:44pm

Re: Re: Bushbuddy under tarp
No way! That's just wood in there plus a sugar cube size piece of firelighter.

In GEAR » Esbit or Alcohol Stove?
January 21, 7:24pm

Re: Bushbuddy under tarp
I made this bushbuddy knockoff this afternoon: You might get away with it near the centre of a big tarp like a hex 3, but personally I'd use my alcohol stove in the morning from the slee...

In GEAR » Esbit or Alcohol Stove?
January 21, 6:59pm

Re: Kelly Kettles r cool
Hi Tim, The bottle is just a cheap 0.5 litre aluminium drinks bottle I bought from the local camping store. The chimney is made from 0.75mm wall thickness 1" diameter aluminium tube I got fr...

January 21, 6:32pm

Re: Re:another test result
Hi Tony, I'm not using a pot, I'm using a 3" diameter aluminium drinks bottle with a 1" chimney welded up the middle. Have a look at the photos in the thread I started on the Mak...

In GEAR » JetBoil pot vs Normal pot using an alcohol stove
January 21, 6:22pm

another test result
I just made a 4 1/2oz Kelly Kettle today (see MYOG forum)and measured it's performance. I was constrained by the size of the Kelly Kettle (1 Pint 456g of water) and the burner (a tealight candl...

In GEAR » JetBoil pot vs Normal pot using an alcohol stove
January 21, 4:42pm

Woohoo
Thanks Steven! If tapping the threads isn't possible, I'll settle for your glue job and make offerings to the epoxy fairies.

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY Walking Axe
January 21, 3:35pm

4 1/2oz Kelly Kettle
Got time for some tinkering this afternoon as the monsoon stopped work outside. Here's my new Kelly Kettle: Using 11g of methanol in the tealight pot, it raised 1 pint of 12C cold tapwater t...

January 21, 3:24pm

One more for the list
Yes please! Oh, and can I have a 1/8 unf x 1/4" thread in the pick and point ferrules? Just glue the head in, I'll supply my own tie rod and do the rest. ;-)

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY Walking Axe
January 20, 7:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Rog Tallbloke

Rog Tallbloke has posted no reviews.