Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rog Tallbloke (tallbloke) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
About Me Backpacking since 11 years old. :-)
CityLeeds
StateGods own County
CountryBritain
My Website URLhttp://www.tallbloke.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rog Tallbloke

Showing 2511 - 2520 of 2631 | Page: 1 ...243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ...264

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: The Carbon Flame War
Hi Rick, I thought subprime mortgage levering hedge fund managers were more worried about the economy cooling than the planet heating. :-) Rick said: >Whatever suspicions you may have of th...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
April 20, 3:18am

Re: Re: Re: Re: The Carbon Flame War
Hey George, Fun articles, and now we can guess where Gore got the $300 million from to peddle his propaganda with in his new ad campaign. Good old John Doerr at Google. 35 Inconvenient Truths...

April 19, 6:49pm

Re: How Much fuel do you use?
4oz is more than enough butane. Alcohol use depends on how efficient your stove setup is, ambient temps, wind, how many brews you'll make if you're stuck in the tent due to bad weather etc....

In GEAR » How Much fuel do you use?
April 19, 3:37pm

Re: Re: ice recession
Dean writes: >Rog wrote: "I believe I referred to antarctic ice, not arctic ice." Wups. My bad. But I still don't see how you can claim both: A: There is no global warming, a...

April 19, 5:43am

Re: Re: The Carbon Flame War
>Here is a chart I saw today that is non-scientific, but interesting... Hi George, good point in the debate to raise this issue. Your graph shows that co2 output from "the big five&q...

April 19, 4:25am

Re: sub-2 pounds 4 season tent: hacking Nemo Morpho
Aaah, evening sunlit mountains! It's what we carry the tents up there on our backs for. ;-) I machined a new aircraft grade dural joiner for the damaged pole as SD didn't seem intere...

In Make Your Own Gear » sub-2 pounds 4 season tent: hacking Nemo Morpho
April 17, 6:59pm

Re: Re: sub-2 pounds 4 season tent
>Rog, take a look here and compare the single bend tents with three bend tents. http://www.bushwalking.org.au/FAQ/DIY_RNCSummer.htm I notice Roger designates them as summer tents. But don&...

April 17, 3:11pm

Re: Re: sub-2 pounds 4 season tent
Using a single 135* arch with lightly flexed poles like the lightwave isn't a bad idea. the spring in the poles naturally tensions the fabric for less rustling in a breeze without being overstr...

April 17, 3:41am

Re: sub-2 pounds 4 season tent
Maybe you mean 135 degree arches? If I visualize this correctly, you will have very steep lower sides on the tent. These will catch the wind and generate 'lift' at the angled edges. Your he...

April 17, 1:42am

Re: sub-2 pounds 4 season tent
>I dont use trekking poles nor do I see myself using them in future. I use a couple of section of carbon fibre fishing rod. A lot lighter than the aluminium Easton pole. They double as pack s...

April 16, 9:30am

All Reader Reviews by Rog Tallbloke

Rog Tallbloke has posted no reviews.