Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rog Tallbloke (tallbloke) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
About Me Backpacking since 11 years old. :-)
CityLeeds
StateGods own County
CountryBritain
My Website URLhttp://www.tallbloke.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rog Tallbloke

Showing 2511 - 2520 of 2719 | Page: 1 ...243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ...272

Forum » Thread

Re: keepng things cold
Tad, I used to keep milk cool in camp by putting the milk bottle into a pan of water and draping a muslin cloth over it. the evaporation kept the milk cold. Unfortunately, no-one came along with...

In GEAR » keeping things cold
July 23, 5:54pm

Dr Roy Spencer's congressional hearing testimony
Interesting and important reading: http://tinyurl.com/6rls2m Dr Roy Spencer explains before congress why he had to keep quiet during the 20 years he was employed by NASA, and how the latest r...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
July 23, 5:15pm

Re: Tarptent Sublite anyone?
An expensive tent made from Tyvek? Blimey. How long is the warranty?

In GEAR » Tarptent Sublite anyone?
July 23, 7:12am

Re: relax
Relax? But I want mine.... NOW! :o) How's it going Steve? Am I still on the list?

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Titanium/Carbon Fiber Ice Axe
July 23, 7:10am

Re: cuben quilt
Are we talking about quilts or mattresses now?

In Make Your Own Gear » A new thinlight/cuben DAM construction idea
July 23, 7:04am

TNF
I bought some TNF 'technical training shoes' in Spain 3 years ago to trek in. They proved to be excellent, getting me to the top of the Pico Valetta (3490m) and up rough tracks all over And...

In GEAR » The North Face sucks
July 23, 6:47am

Re: Re: sil shelter
Hi John. The shelter is olive green, and yes, the bug shelter is made by I.D. to fit this tarptent. Shipping will be $30 for 5 day airmail according to the Royal Mail's online calculator.

In Gear Swap » FS- Integral Designs Sil-shelter and bug tent
July 23, 6:06am

Re: Re: "Misting" Silnylon!
Chris: This is correct, and is the reason I bought a Hex3 for 2 person camping in the UK climate. When I was younger and short of money, using old PU coated flysheets which were past their leak...

In GEAR » "Misting" Silnylon!
July 23, 5:20am

Re: Misting
>Not a good idea if the fly is already wet, however. Additional pressure on a wet fly from the spaceblanket could push the water through even faster. Well, that's not my experience, I...

In GEAR » "Misting" Silnylon!
July 22, 4:49pm

Re: death valley.
Dave: at least you can spell. :-) When I'm walking in Spain in the summer, I get up real early and stay in the shade as much as possible. Then I rest up under an overhang and walk again in t...

In GEAR » going to death valley soon
July 22, 3:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Rog Tallbloke

Rog Tallbloke has posted no reviews.