BPL Community Profile

Rog Tallbloke (tallbloke) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
About Me Backpacking since 11 years old. :-)
CityLeeds
StateGods own County
CountryBritain
My Website URLhttp://www.tallbloke.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rog Tallbloke

Showing 2511 - 2520 of 2533 | Page: 1 ...235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254

Forum » Thread

Re: Kelly Kettles r cool
Hi Tim, The bottle is just a cheap 0.5 litre aluminium drinks bottle I bought from the local camping store. The chimney is made from 0.75mm wall thickness 1" diameter aluminium tube I got fr...

In Make Your Own Gear » 4 1/2oz Kelly Kettle
January 21, 6:32pm

Re: Re:another test result
Hi Tony, I'm not using a pot, I'm using a 3" diameter aluminium drinks bottle with a 1" chimney welded up the middle. Have a look at the photos in the thread I started on the Mak...

In GEAR » JetBoil pot vs Normal pot using an alcohol stove
January 21, 6:22pm

another test result
I just made a 4 1/2oz Kelly Kettle today (see MYOG forum)and measured it's performance. I was constrained by the size of the Kelly Kettle (1 Pint 456g of water) and the burner (a tealight candl...

In GEAR » JetBoil pot vs Normal pot using an alcohol stove
January 21, 4:42pm

Woohoo
Thanks Steven! If tapping the threads isn't possible, I'll settle for your glue job and make offerings to the epoxy fairies.

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY Walking Axe
January 21, 3:35pm

4 1/2oz Kelly Kettle
Got time for some tinkering this afternoon as the monsoon stopped work outside. Here's my new Kelly Kettle: Using 11g of methanol in the tealight pot, it raised 1 pint of 12C cold tapwater t...

In Make Your Own Gear » 4 1/2oz Kelly Kettle
January 21, 3:24pm

One more for the list
Yes please! Oh, and can I have a 1/8 unf x 1/4" thread in the pick and point ferrules? Just glue the head in, I'll supply my own tie rod and do the rest. ;-)

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY Walking Axe
January 20, 7:33pm

Important Lesson's You've Learned the Hard Way
If you are using a bus or train to get to your start point, keep an eye on your kit at the intermediate stops before your destination. Very dispiriting to get off and find all your kit has been sto...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Important Lesson's You've Learned the Hard Way
January 20, 4:42pm

the minimum
Shelter, water, warmth, food. A plastic credit card or paper money is the lightest way to get these, but where's the adventure in that? How much you carry depends on where you are going a...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ultra Minimalist
January 20, 2:33pm

water purifier
The sun works well too. water in a clear bottle exposed to sunlight for 16 hours gets plenty of UVA and UVC. The sun puts out around 1400 watts/square yard on a clear day, so consider the power nee...

In Make Your Own Gear » Water Purifier with UV LED
January 20, 4:57am

Sil shelter
Thanks Jason. Give me a price for both items shipped together as well as the fly alone, I may talk myself into the bug shelter too. Add one of the nion's too please.

In Gear Swap » Cleaning Closet
January 14, 7:54pm

All Reader Reviews by Rog Tallbloke

Rog Tallbloke has posted no reviews.