BPL Community Profile

Eugene Smith (Eugeneius) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Nuevo Mexico
About Me Eugene Smith has not added a biography yet.
CityLas Cruces
StateNew Mexico
CountryUSAish
My Website URLhttp://desertpaincave.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear List2 year old outdated gear list that needs to be updated badly

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eugene Smith

Showing 2511 - 2520 of 2594 | Page: 1 ...241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260

Forum » Thread

John Muir Trail Record
Aaron, considering what it would take physically to finish the JMT in the stated time, there really isn't a whole lot left for updating people online on proposed intentions, so much time would ...

In GEAR » John Muir Trail Record???
July 31, 8:21pm

Brothers mountain, WA July 23-25
Thanks for sharing your experience again. You are starting this reputation as the goat guy, great shot of your high altitude visitor. I really enjoyed the spy shot of the anonymous weight lifters...

In Post-Trip Reports » Brothers mountain, WA July 23-25
July 01, 5:37am

Electrolyte Drink Suggestions
Research Nuun, pretty much the staple electrolyte supplement for the trail running ultra crowd, they put down the miles and tax their bodies, I think it would be more than sufficient for hiking.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Electrolyte Drink Suggestions
June 30, 8:35pm

Wilder Ranch & Henry Cowell State Parks Trip Report
Great country where you get your feet dirty Carlos. When I was really young I lived in Novato up in Marin county, some of the pictures in your TR reminded me of that area. As always, thanks for s...

In Post-Trip Reports » Wilder Ranch & Henry Cowell State Parks Trip Report
June 28, 2:10pm

Western States 100 results
Never mind my inquiry, just found out Hal Koerner won it in 16:24:55. Wow. Apparently it was relentlessly hot during the race.

In Other Activities » Western States 100 results
June 28, 6:17am

Western States 100 results
Anyone know the top 3 podium results for both men and women? I've been checking the WS100 website and their live webcast has been down since the start of the race. My vote was for Hal Koe...

In Other Activities » Western States 100 results
June 28, 6:14am

South Carolina's Governor is missing on the AT
Tolerance always seems to be dealt with in an intolerant manner, I never understand how that manifests itself. Ken it seems that you cannot tolerate the Republican party or their history and subse...

In Chaff » South Carolina's Governor is missing on the AT
June 27, 6:35pm

Re: Re: Republican track record on the AT since 2006
Ken, are you suggesting that every Republican official in that list is a hypocrite? I'm confused by your remark. What exactly makes them hypocrites and by default excludes the list of Democra...

In Chaff » South Carolina's Governor is missing on the AT
June 27, 5:15pm

Board Shorts For Hiking?
The above posts are right on, typical board shorts really are more for fashion than function, too baggy and too flashy. Board shorts I have worn in the past always seemed to sweat really bad, synt...

In GEAR » Board Shorts For Hiking??
June 24, 6:09pm

Montrail and Salamon Shoes at Marshalls
Thought I'd add that I found some Montrails for $25 and Salomon Comp 3's as well, along with some sweet deals on some North Face socks. I think it's definitely national. I also peruse...

In Gear Deals » Montrail and Salamon Shoes at Marshalls
June 20, 2:32pm

All Reader Reviews by Eugene Smith

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs
Ron had my MLD Spinnaker Monk tarp repaired and improved upon free of charge with reinforced tieouts in 1 week, from shipping to Rons' shop, sewn, and shipped back to me, one week! This would nev...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 10, 9:43pm

Golite Shangri La 1
I have owned the Golite Shangri La 1 for several months now and have used it on about 3 trips so far in the desert southwest with variable weather conditions in the mountains and lower regions. F...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
May 16, 7:20am

Western Mountaineering Megalite
I recently used the WM Megalite on a 5 day trip through the Gila with temps at night ranging from the mid 20's to the lower 40's. Light wind was present each evening and the bag and draft tub...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
April 13, 10:00pm