BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 251 - 260 of 369 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: re: Variations on Fins on a Rockstar can
Sure, I guess I could go to 200. I'm more or less doing this to see if the fins or paint get us to that temp faster than just a plain pot, so i don't think it will matter what temp I go to....

In Make Your Own Gear » Fins on a Rockstar can
January 13, 6:53pm

Re: Re: re: Variations on Fins on a Rockstar can
Well it looks like David has a little more time to put into this than I do, but if I don't see any updates from him, I'll try to do an experiment. Plain fosters can, fosters can with fins...

January 13, 3:13am

Re: Very light adjustable guy lines
50# test? Is that strong enough for tarps/tent flies? Seems the standard spectra and dyneema cords being used are 200+#.

In Make Your Own Gear » Very light adjustable guy lines
January 13, 2:09am

Re: Re: Re: Re...
So if I upload a picture and give it a description, say a zpacks duomid, then will everyone be able to access it? Does it go into the main library, or is it something that only I can use? If it is ...

In Gear Lists » Breathe life into your gearlists
January 13, 1:08am

Re: Breathe life into your gearlists
Pretty cool actually! Although it still needs a lot of products from the cottage manufacturers. I see a way to add "new item" which requires you to upload a file. What kind of file do you...

In Gear Lists » Breathe life into your gearlists
January 12, 5:20am

Re: Spray On Waterproofing
The stuff at shoe stores as far as I've seen are a silicone spray. AND THEY SUCK! Almost got frostbite while hunting with a pare of "treated" boots. Use a wax based product to waterpr...

In GEAR » Spray On Waterproofing
January 12, 4:55am

Re: Fins on a Rockstar can
Thank you so much for the jig idea! I had done this previously to my Heineken pot and I remember gaining a significant improvement, however the details escape me. It was enough though to justify th...

January 11, 6:27am

Re: Re: Re: Made it! (Hike Update)
Alright! Glad to here you enjoyed yourself despite the high mileage. You sir are a better man than I. 20lbs isn't too bad for your first trip. Do what others have said and research before purc...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Backpacker - 30 miles?
January 10, 4:01pm

Re: Re: squeeze tubes
"Untested brainstorming here: Could you heat-seal soda straws?" Actually that is tested. It is done a lot for PSKs to contain Petroleum Jelly cotton balls. Cut the length of straw you...

In GEAR » squeeze tubes
January 10, 1:13am

Re: Re: Re: New Backpacker - 30 miles?
@Jamie: Could you do me a favor and email what you just said to my wife?! I want super powers...:( Actually, I guess I could see getting up to 2mph if I lost 20lbs from my pack, and was hiking a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Backpacker - 30 miles?
January 09, 5:11am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.