BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 251 - 260 of 365 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Forum » Thread

Re: Breathe life into your gearlists
Pretty cool actually! Although it still needs a lot of products from the cottage manufacturers. I see a way to add "new item" which requires you to upload a file. What kind of file do you...

In Gear Lists » Breathe life into your gearlists
January 12, 5:20am

Re: Spray On Waterproofing
The stuff at shoe stores as far as I've seen are a silicone spray. AND THEY SUCK! Almost got frostbite while hunting with a pare of "treated" boots. Use a wax based product to waterpr...

In GEAR » Spray On Waterproofing
January 12, 4:55am

Re: Fins on a Rockstar can
Thank you so much for the jig idea! I had done this previously to my Heineken pot and I remember gaining a significant improvement, however the details escape me. It was enough though to justify th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Fins on a Rockstar can
January 11, 6:27am

Re: Re: Re: Made it! (Hike Update)
Alright! Glad to here you enjoyed yourself despite the high mileage. You sir are a better man than I. 20lbs isn't too bad for your first trip. Do what others have said and research before purc...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » New Backpacker - 30 miles?
January 10, 4:01pm

Re: Re: squeeze tubes
"Untested brainstorming here: Could you heat-seal soda straws?" Actually that is tested. It is done a lot for PSKs to contain Petroleum Jelly cotton balls. Cut the length of straw you...

In GEAR » squeeze tubes
January 10, 1:13am

Re: Re: Re: New Backpacker - 30 miles?
@Jamie: Could you do me a favor and email what you just said to my wife?! I want super powers...:( Actually, I guess I could see getting up to 2mph if I lost 20lbs from my pack, and was hiking a...

January 09, 5:11am

Re: Zpacks cuben mitts
Ooh, I like these! I wonder how cold the fleece liners will take you though? P.S. What's the weight difference(if same warmth) between felted wool and fleece? How about down mitts with a woo...

In GEAR » Zpacks cuben mitts
January 09, 3:55am

Re: Neoair XLite and Z Lite Sol Now Available
Finally! 'been putting off buying my wife an inflatable until these came out. It will be nice to get more warmth for an ounce less than my original short neo air.

In GEAR » Neoair XLite and Z Lite Sol Now Available
January 09, 3:46am

Re: Favorite winter backpack?
Since I can't quite afford to move to UL gear yet, my normal gear weight is probably considered "winter" weight at 35lbs.(including water+food). If someone isn't looking for an ...

In GEAR » Favorite winter backpack?
January 09, 3:15am

Re: New Backpacker - 30 miles?
Can't wait to hear how it went. My bet though is that it was somewhere between super tiring and miserable. At 27 and 30lb pack, my last trip in the sierras consisted of a 1.5m/h pace, and ...

January 08, 3:51pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.