BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 251 - 260 of 374 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...38

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Paint your pot black and add fins. It works!
I like that pot idea in the video! I wonder how much weight it adds though, and how it compares to say a caldera cone. P.S. If anyone knows how to embed images from the internet on this forum, I...

In Make Your Own Gear » Paint your pot black and add fins. It works!
January 18, 8:06pm

Re: Pics
Ok, here's some pics guys. Sorry about the poor camera phone quality. My pot won't win any beauty contests but it worked. I had too much time invested to worry about aesthetics on this one....

January 18, 5:02pm

Re: Design criteria
The results are in! Black bottoms and fins work. Since this thread was getting long and theoretical I started another thread with my test results.

In Make Your Own Gear » Fins on a Rockstar can
January 18, 2:59am

Paint your pot black and add fins. It works!
This is an offshoot of the thread about adding fins to a Rockstar. That thread was getting long and really theory heavy. The results are in! Parameters of my test: Fosters pot. Same windscr...

January 18, 2:43am

Re: Re: Re: Fins
Well, so far it's not looking good for my fins, or the black paint. But, my original stove crapped out on me, so I had to switch mid experiment. So I need to re-do my unaltered pot tests. If I&...

January 17, 1:47am

Re: Re: Re: Re: re: Variations on Fins on a Rockstar can
Sure, I guess I could go to 200. I'm more or less doing this to see if the fins or paint get us to that temp faster than just a plain pot, so i don't think it will matter what temp I go to....

January 13, 6:53pm

Re: Re: re: Variations on Fins on a Rockstar can
Well it looks like David has a little more time to put into this than I do, but if I don't see any updates from him, I'll try to do an experiment. Plain fosters can, fosters can with fins...

January 13, 3:13am

Re: Very light adjustable guy lines
50# test? Is that strong enough for tarps/tent flies? Seems the standard spectra and dyneema cords being used are 200+#.

In Make Your Own Gear » Very light adjustable guy lines
January 13, 2:09am

Re: Re: Re: Re...
So if I upload a picture and give it a description, say a zpacks duomid, then will everyone be able to access it? Does it go into the main library, or is it something that only I can use? If it is ...

In Gear Lists » Breathe life into your gearlists
January 13, 1:08am

Re: Breathe life into your gearlists
Pretty cool actually! Although it still needs a lot of products from the cottage manufacturers. I see a way to add "new item" which requires you to upload a file. What kind of file do you...

In Gear Lists » Breathe life into your gearlists
January 12, 5:20am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.