BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 251 - 260 of 1060 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...106

Forum » Thread

Survey of lightweight one-person shelters?
>> So heavier by 4 oz with the lightest pegs but with fewer features like the outer pitch first of the fly (where the inner goes up with the outer in one complete motion), the dual doors and ...

In GEAR » Survey of lightweight one-person shelters?
September 16, 5:55pm

Do you have a nested cookset?
SnowPeak Ti Mini Solo The cup nests on the bottom of the pot. The nested pot can hold my stove, lighter, gas can, and pack cloth. You can also fit two gas cans inside the pot on longer trips (an...

In GEAR » Do you have a nested cookset?
September 14, 11:47am

The Weight of Fear
>> All my fears are left behind when i hit the hills << Mike - That's because in Scotland you are at the top of the food chain! We're not so lucky where I hike :) While...

In Chaff » The Weight of Fear
September 14, 12:53am

SPOT vs ACR
>> The thing is, it is hard to compose those one or two help messages in advance << I found pre-composing a message really easy and a single message covers me in almost all situation...

In GEAR » SPOT vs ACR? Need some advice
September 11, 5:32pm

My Spot Connect really let me down!
The Spot Connect does work stand-alone and has an SOS button built into the unit that doesn't require a cell phone. I don't always take a cell phone and have carried the device for emergen...

In GEAR » My Spot Connect really let me down!
September 04, 11:15am

What bothers me most about this issue is that the problem wasn't a communication issue, the messages did get through. This is a software issue which simply means that Spot didn't do enoug...

September 04, 9:22am

When I purchased my Spot Connect, I was aware of some of the service issues with Spot and figured I could live with "spotty service" however, my Spot Connect let me down big time! The ...

September 04, 12:06am

Still contributing ...
>> So you're riding free and bragging. Interesting.<< I don't see this as "riding free". After 5 years as a paying member, I have decided that Rj, as a busines...

In Chaff » The I used to be a member but now I'm not celebration thread.
August 11, 2:36pm

Check this out...
Yup, kids are getting faster. This video shows you how much faster. One Race, Every Medalist Ever.

In Chaff » Kids These Days!
August 07, 11:10am

How you carry your bear spray
I have to admit, I have never thought the idea of giving my pack to a bear was a great idea... letting him run off with my vital gear is just going to leave me another problem. I'm just c...

In Philosophy & Technique » How you carry your bear spray
July 23, 5:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm