November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 251 - 260 of 916 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...92

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: UL Eye for the Overburdened Guy
I was carrying 40 pounds a year ago. then for about 6 months I narrowed it down to 20 by myself, then found BPL. I cant beleive that I am now carring under 3 pounds for a summer fast pack. when les...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » UL Eye for the Overburdened Guy
March 21, 4:01pm

Re: Lightweight gear for Scout troop
Phil, Want to check out my 3.5lb gearlist. thats what this young scout uses :-) just kidding, I dont think anyone else my age would go this light without complaining. I like that you are ...

In Gear Lists » Lightweight gear for Scout troop
March 20, 4:42pm

Re: another SUL list and, what?
Anon, I like the minimalist fastpacking list. It could use some work, I just posted a minimal gearlist for the same weight including in clothing, a full wind suit, a full extra base layer, warm...

In Gear Lists » SuperUltralight 3 Season Gear List
March 20, 4:26pm

Minimalist/ XUL/ 3 season gear list
Here is a very usable gear list that(with similar gear) has worked for me comfortably without a sleepingbag down to 45 degrees and if I want to go 35-40 (or extreme of 30 with assistance of leaves ...

In Gear Lists » Minimalist/ XUL/ 3 season gear list
March 20, 4:16pm

Re: windproof fleece jacket/pants effectiveness
Well... what wil you be needing it for? the fleece will be an insulation layer. If all you want is the wind resistance,I would go for a windshirt. I mean they only weigh 3 or so oz. one prob...

In GEAR » windproof fleece jacket/pants effectiveness
March 19, 6:26pm

Re: Shoes for Long Distance Hiking
RJ, after re-reading Doug Johnsons "SuperUltraLight in the Cascades with a Sub-4-pound Pack" I checked out the La Sportiva shoes he used. The Exum ridges. They look good but what in terested me...

In GEAR » Shoes for Long Distance Hiking
March 19, 1:22pm

we finally hit 30, I was wondering when it was going to happen :-) sorry for the pointless post.

In Gear Lists » Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
March 16, 7:14pm

Re: Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter ..
if only we had 1200 fill power down and NANO weight event...oh well :-( :-) I am glad there was this thread, it helped me with the whole winter thing. It is my favorite time to go out, but th...

In Gear Lists » Ryan Jordan's SUL Winter Challenge
March 16, 7:11pm

BMW sleeping bags
I asked this before in the forums along with another question, I got an answer to the other question but this remains answerless. in some Backpacker magazine gear guide issue I noticed these bag...

In GEAR » BMW sleeping bags
March 13, 5:24pm

Re: Re: Shoes for Long Distance Hiking
the shoes I am curentlly using for road running, trail running and backpacking are salomon XA pro 3Ds. they are very breathable and have kept my feet dry even after a day of running or walking. Th...

In GEAR » Shoes for Long Distance Hiking
March 07, 6:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Category Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm