BPL Community Profile

Kathleen Whalen-Burns (rosierabbit) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Kathleen Whalen-Burns has not added a biography yet.
CityStevens Pass
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kathleen Whalen-Burns

Showing 251 - 260 of 545 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...55

Forum » Thread

Ugh, Spam
The name of this thread is most calorically dense food with NO DRY HEAVING. I was raised on spam, baked in an oven on a fancy platter with, so help me, brown sugar and mustard spread on it. Mom w...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Most calorically dense food with no dry heaving
May 25, 6:38pm

Joe's Gone Hiking
I just checked zpacks.com. Joe is hiking for the summer, so the store is closed until he gets back.

In Editor's Roundtable » ZPacks Blast 18 Backpack Review
May 21, 1:25pm

ZPacks Blast 18 Backpack Review
Aaron - the Zero is a brilliant idea and just what I need to take my grandson on his first backpack trip this July. Your girls are adorable and good sports for being models!

In Editor's Roundtable » ZPacks Blast 18 Backpack Review
May 21, 12:43pm

Walking on Fire: Part One
Bruce - with the article up on your screen, at the top of the computer screen, click on the word "file." Then click on "page setup." Then click on "landscape." Then...

In Editor's Roundtable » Walking on Fire: Part One
May 20, 3:10pm

Pint-sized bags?
Thanks, Sarah! Yes, I will be there this evening with the Ursack aluminum liner in tow. I started throwing in other things that are usable, too, but too much of a hassle to try to sell. So eithe...

In GEAR » Our Lightest Cozy Yet
May 13, 1:56pm

Pint-sized bags?
Sarah - I looked all over the place at the local big box grocery store and couldn't find pint zip bags. Lots of quart bags, and zip sandwich bags, but no pints. Where do you find them? Is th...

In GEAR » Our Lightest Cozy Yet
May 13, 12:37pm

Boots for Rainier
Elena - I wore Zamberlan Civettas on an August climb on Rainier (DC route) a few years ago, and they did fine. The La Sportiva Trango Evo's are popular for climbing among the people I know. N...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Boots for Rainier
May 04, 3:43pm

FS: Houdini & MB windpants
Pants are sold.

In Gear Swap » FS: Houdini & MB windpants
May 03, 7:42pm

BOTH SOLD! Thank you. FS: Houdini
I've had both of these for over a year and just never wear them. $45 - Patagonia Houdini wind jacket, men's small, black, new $125.00, worn about a dozen times, 4.5 oz. Probably the 2...

In Gear Swap » FS: Houdini & MB windpants
May 03, 6:30pm

Resoling of Boots - Who ?
Definitely Dave Page. He told me 95% of his business is mail order. I can vouch for his excellent work. Edited to add webpage: davepagecobbler.com

In GEAR » Resoling of Boots - Who ??
May 02, 10:40am

All Reader Reviews by Kathleen Whalen-Burns

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Botach Tactical Customer Service
I had a similar experience to David's. They sent the inferior space blankets, rather than the correct order, took forever to send a return UPS shipping label, and only yesterday admitted to recei...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 5:35pm

Boomer's Guide to Lightweight Backpacking by Carol Corbridge
I was very disappointed in this book. Luckily, I didn't buy it but had checked it out from the library. For starters, the book is in major need of copy editing. There are lots of awkward sent...

In Books and Media
May 28, 2:04pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
These do everything BPL promised - provide comfortable warmth without being bulky. I've worn them under non-winter hiking pants all winter, and they've extended the comfort range down to 7 de...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 25, 10:55am

Hikelight.com Company
I just discovered this website that is based in Oregon. It seems to be a distributor of some of our favorite brands - SixMoonDesigns, Tarptent, Montbell, GraniteGear, and Western Mountaineering. No ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 22, 9:39am

HarmonyHouseFoods.com vegetables and beans
I just received my second order of dehydrated food from Harmony House. First I bought the vegetable pantry stuffer - 16 different quart-sized containers of various dehydrated vegetables, and then a we...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
July 25, 9:08pm

Golite Paradox pants
I'm not sure whether to review these in raingear or softshell clothing, because they're both. They are all-day pants, rather than rain pants to pull on over hiking pants and are made of a fab...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 10, 1:11pm

Sealskinz gloves
I had the same experience as Brett. My non-waterproof gloves absorbed less water than these.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
July 10, 12:51pm

ULA Circuit
This pack was on backorder, but it came sooner than Brian said it would. I gave it a 2-day test this last weekend on a short backpacking trip in the Cascades. I was pleased that it was as comfortabl...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
March 06, 1:29pm