Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Randy Martin (randalmartin) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me My primary pursuits are mountaineering (hiking with the goal of a summit) but I am beginning to re-kindle my love of Backpacking. In particular I have become a big fan of the Ultralight approach and love this website. I seem to be in a perpetual state of shelter/sleep system evaluation. My current setup for shelter is a GG SpinnTwinn with YMG Bug Bivy 1.0 (summer) or Katabatic Bristlecone Bivy(colder). Sleep system is Katabatic Chisos 40 degree quilt with Neoair short.
CityCastle Rock

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Randy Martin

Showing 251 - 260 of 713 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...72

Forum » Thread

Re: Ordered!
Feel free to PM me Kevin if you have any trouble getting a solid pitch with your Meta 1p. I think the biggest advantage of the Meta would be the side entrance and enormous vestibule.

In Gear Deals » Nemo Meta 1p $147 at REI
February 14, 1:08am

Re: Eddie Bauer
Did you get her number?

In GEAR » Eddie Bauer
February 13, 6:52pm

Re: Nemo Meta 1p $147 at REI
Agreed. I have this Tent available for shorter trips where I am willing to take the weight penalty over my SpinnTwin. Works well for Tall people as well with it's 100" length as long as ...

In Gear Deals » Nemo Meta 1p $147 at REI
February 13, 10:02am

Exped Schnozzel is also a pack liner
The schnozzel has 45L capacity which functions very well as a waterproof pack liner. And you don't need a pack cover for rain protection if you can fit most all of your contents inside your pa...

In Multiple Use Gear » Exped Schnozzel is also a pack liner
February 13, 8:24am

Re: re: vest
"Sadly I dont think im going to be in the 5 pound range anymore unless I keep using my CCF. Still I am at 6.43 pounds, and once I add a down jacket ill be around 6.9 pounds for a kit thats pr...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » SUL gear list, how does it look?
February 13, 8:16am

Re: Bottoms "?"
I know I am personally looking at getting the Zpacks Poncho Groundsheet myself and plan to take my GoLite Tumalo rain pants as well. Having hiked last year when I had my Golite Poncho, I didn'...

In Gear Lists » Thoughts on Rain Gear (JMT)
February 12, 1:59pm

RE: Eddie
Yeah, I sadly confirmed that Eddie Bauer is no longer making the Sirocco wind jacket which was by far the best value in the marketplace for a 5oz hooded wind jacket at $50. I called to one of the ...

In GEAR » Hooded Windshirts
February 11, 2:45pm

Get an eVent bivy. Breathability of eVent is unsurpassed.

In GEAR » Breathable Bivvy - Alpine Conditions and Down Bag
February 09, 8:45pm

SOLD FS GoLite Poncho Tarp Yellow $30 shipped CONUS

In Gear Swap » FS GoLite Poncho Tarp Yellow $30 shipped CONUS
February 08, 10:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Peak XV fill weight
EU 750fp is no more than 800fp US and so a little less quality than the Peak XV jacket at US 850fp. Peak XV is fully baffled construction as well so that shouldn't be a difference between thos...

In GEAR » Anyone own a Eddie Bauer Peak XV
February 08, 11:57am

All Reader Reviews by Randy Martin

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Katabatic Gear Bristlecone (Regular Length, Wide Width)
I have had the Bristlecone Bivy for a year and really appreciate the side zipper for ease of entry/exit. The mesh is just right for breathability and views. The stake out loops are nice when you wan...

In Shelters - Bivy Sacks
May 15, 6:03pm

Marmot Atom
The bag is true to it's 40 degree rating and when I sleep with insulating layers on I have comfortably slept in this bag down to the upper 20's. If you are cold in this bag at 50 then I suspe...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
May 31, 1:59pm