BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 251 - 260 of 5284 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...529

Forum » Thread

Re: glove liners in bed
Not needed. Use the fly in your base layer as a multi-use item :)

In Winter Hiking » glove liners in bed
December 11, 12:32am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FLy or no fly - what the double curtain fly is for.
"Just don't let them talk you into a float trip down the Cahulawassee River" Well... All I can say is that whitey-tighties have a fly.

In GEAR » The Other Fly --The Ridiculous One in your Baselayer
December 10, 7:42pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FLy or no fly - what the double curtain fly is for.
Tom, I don't know where you get all those great sayings. Sometimes I think you must have grown up in the South. Two of my employees live in the South and their country sayings keep me in sti...

December 10, 4:59pm

Re: sidecar camping
Yes they still make them. Do a Google search. What I liked about the trailer hitch (unlike a lot of other motorcycle trailers) is the unique coupler. Basically designed like a ball joint in a car. ...

In Other Activities » sidecar camping
December 10, 4:48pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FLy or no fly - what the double curtain fly is for.
Tom.... THAT has to be the best post of 2013!

December 09, 10:24pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Colder weather weekend trips, hydro flask?
In cold weather backpacking, some things just shouldn't be left to chance or be marginal... especially if you must rely on melting snow for water. I do a lot of backpacking with some pretty...

In Philosophy & Technique » Colder weather weekend trips, hydro flask?
December 09, 8:00pm

Re: Re: 6th Annual G.G.G. and standbys
Ken, Good to see your are back from exile.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 6th Annual G.G.G. 1/24-26 2014
December 09, 6:38pm

Re: Worth
Yes, I mentioned that. However, there is a difference between income, earnings and profit. So use this formula... Calculate Net Profit after all expenses, including your wages (time). Now ...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Grandfathered in life membership ended
December 09, 1:29pm

Re: mess
I have no problem placing partially used cubes inside the original container. Mini dropper is extra weight! Scrape the cube with a fingernail and the shavings make it easy to light.

In GEAR » Esbit fuel question
December 09, 1:13pm

Re: Sleeping on a cold night. How would you configure..
"What would be the ideal way to layer these items to stay comfortable, dry, warm?" Not going to happen.

In GEAR » Sleeping on a cold night. How would you configure..
December 09, 9:45am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am