Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mike Storesund (mikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mike Storesund hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Mike Storesund has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike Storesund

Showing 251 - 260 of 283 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

Platypus "Freeze It or Boil It"
I was looking at the Platypus Hoser this weekend and on the label it says "Freeze It or Boil It". With that said, I suspect you can add the boiling water directly into the bag and let it cool. Y...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Cooling Hot Water
April 04, 5:51pm

Online, water resistance and light
As far as online vendors of the product, I cannot vouch for their authenticity. I did not buy mine online and I trusted the Royal Caribbean onboard shop. I know that the warranty card was in the bi...

In GEAR » Suunto X6 vs. Vector
April 04, 5:43pm

Thanks
Thanks for the replys :O)

In Make Your Own Gear » Seam Sealing Epic Material ??
April 04, 1:00pm

T-Touch Water resistant
The Tissot T-Touch Titanium is water resistant to 30 meters. I wear it constantly and shower or swimming has never had an issue. If I were diving, I wouldn't wear it for other than snorkeling.

April 04, 12:57pm

Not a joke
Okay, I'm seeing them online for $450 to $525. I have not found any dealers locally that sell the watch. The warranty card comes in the box with the watch, so you still get the warranty. Again, I g...

April 04, 10:27am

Pillows
I have a change of clothes in a stuff sack in my pack anyhow. Use that or if you're wearing those clothes and drying the others, try a jacket and some socks in the stuff sack too.

In User Test Forum » Test
April 03, 7:38pm

I intend to let you know
Since there is still snow, I want to see how that performs, as that was one of the negatives I read on the review here. I am what all the scouts and scout masters in our troop call "Mr. Gadget". W...

In GEAR » Clikstand S-1 Alcohol system
April 03, 7:20pm

Clikstand S-1 Alcohol system
I just tested my Clikstand S-1 stand with my Trangia stove and their optional windscreen. I like it! The entire system; stand, stove and windscreen weigh in at 6.6 oz (190g). They fit (and are des...

In GEAR » Clikstand S-1 Alcohol system
April 03, 4:43pm

Seam Sealing Epic Material ??
What would you use to seam seal a bag made with Epic material? Would you use seam tape or something like McNett Seam Sealer?

In Make Your Own Gear » Seam Sealing Epic Material ??
April 02, 9:32am

Looking at MS Pack
Joe, They were the coppery colored ones at the local REI store in Denver. The employee placed it back in the pile with the rest of them too!

In GEAR » light backpack for desert crossing
April 01, 3:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike Storesund

Showing 1 - 10 of 12 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Photon Light Proton Personal Flashlight
I would give the Proton a 4 out of 5 score primarily because of its high cost ($69). It is an excellent light if you need to do any emergency signaling at night or if you need a high intensity beam fo...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 27, 9:11am

Six Moon Designs Lunar Solo
I like the simplicity in the concept of the design. It is a combination of bivy sack and single wall tent with plenty of room that weighs in at 25 ounces. The bathtub floor and netting along the floor...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
September 24, 1:11am

ULA H2O Amigo
I too am a firm believer in gravity filters. It is a blessing that you can still get filtered water with little effort while you complete some other chore around camp. I have used self made gravity fi...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
September 24, 12:59am

Beyond Backpacking by Ray Jardine
I believe each post have their valid points. I believe the general consensus, mine included, is that Beyond Backpacking © is something that should be on every backpacker’s bookshelf. I have read and r...

In Books and Media
September 11, 9:20am

Go Lite Speed
I rate this pack a 5. I also have its smaller brother the GoLite Race, which I gave my son. For 2 pounds, not including ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 02, 11:40am

GoLite Breeze
I have to say this is not the worst pack I ever had, but close to it. I do like the simplicity, but the straps are just killer. With 18 pounds I can carry on one shoulder and switch sides, but when ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 29, 4:05pm

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
These are great little lights! I have the White, Red and Blue with 2 clips. I wear the White and Red on my lanyard and keep the Blue on a hat clip. The Blue was bought as a joke with the Scouts... H...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 29, 3:58pm

REI Peak UL
I bought these to replace my older / heavier poles. I prefer collapsible poles so I can adjust the height with my tarps and my SMD Lunar Solo. I did the research before buying and was concerned about...

In Trekking Poles
August 25, 8:52am

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
I had one of these for almost a year. I thought the four pot supports were a great idea and wish more manufacturers would do so. However I had a few issues and thanks to REI return policy I was able t...

In Stoves - Canister
August 24, 1:51pm

Brunton Crux
I think this stove is the next generation of things to come. With a collapsible burner head, it folds over for 3.1 ounces of ultimate compact ability. The oversized burner head offers a better burn an...

In Stoves - Canister
August 24, 1:21pm