Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 251 - 260 of 1874 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...188

Forum » Thread

Re: Sleep socks
Vb and over boots are a viable system and work well with ski boots too, although you can usually leave the over boots off for skiing since ski boots tend to be more insulated. (Except in extreme co...

In Editor's Roundtable » Spring Snow Trekking Gear List
March 19, 10:05pm

re:Northern Midwest Hiking-Centric GGG @ Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
Stop it! It's killing me watching this and not able to go:-) Looks like there's still about 50 inches of snow up there (likely less next to the lake) with more snow forecast thru Wednesd...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Northern Midwest Hiking-Centric GGG @ Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
March 17, 11:51am

Re: How do you use this system?
+100 on Tjaard's request for how to use the system. Gear plustechnique is what makes UL gear work well. +1 on Tjaard's comments on windshirt (especially if it is hooded) vs WPB shell. ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Spring Snow Trekking Gear List
March 15, 9:46am

WTT: large classic neoair + cash for large neoair xlite
TRADE HAS BEEN COMPLETED Anyone out there that has large neoair xlite that would prefer having a full rectangular air mattress? The classic is just a tiny bit too large to fit into the SMD Met...

In Gear Swap » WTT: large classic neoair + cash for large neoair xlite
March 13, 5:43am

Re: Lets see your GEAR ROOMS!!
Y'all are Amateurs!

In GEAR » Lets see your GEAR ROOMS!!
March 12, 1:50pm

Re: 12" of snow
... still lurking here due to jealousy:-) I'm a bit color blind ... is HOHRSC saying the snowpack is 40-50 inches deep up there?

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Northern Midwest Hiking-Centric GGG @ Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
March 11, 11:45am

Re: Pot Lid
Stuart, +1 on what everyone else said! But don't leave us hanging ... ya gotta tell us about yer bashing technique.

In Make Your Own Gear » Pot Lid
March 10, 6:56pm

Re: Pee bottle?? best practices
Where did you get all those photos? Are you a game warden or something? I am not but I know a couple game wardens. Those photos were the result of a google image search.

In GEAR » Pee bottle?? best practices
March 10, 12:38pm

Re: slumming it
switchblade Oh the nostalgia ... how I long for the days when I could (and did) have one in my pocket at school ... and played the "who can throw it and get it stuck in the ground closest t...

In GEAR » It's Just So Cute!!!
March 10, 6:47am

Re: Re: Re: Pee bottle?? best practices
>> I dare you to stand under a full moon with frost on the brush all around and NOT look >> over your shoulder during the process. So, so ..... vulnerable. >Vulnerable to what? ...

In GEAR » Pee bottle?? best practices
March 10, 6:35am

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am