Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 251 - 260 of 5838 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...584

Forum » Thread

2015 PCT NOBO Limit
From the article on Forry and Lichter's winter PCT - "Lichter and Forry's lonely experience stands in contrast to the surge in trail traffic expected this spring and summer in t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 2015 PCT NOBO Limit
March 03, 8:42pm

Re: RE: Facts? We don't need no stinkin' facts!
"I've made my decision. Don't confuse me with the facts. " ... and variations thereof.

In Chaff » Facts? We don't need no stinkin' facts!
March 03, 2:16pm

Re: Re: Disclosure
Chris, Just a heads up and no big deal, but you need to disclose your affiliation/interest in products you recommend, sell, offer, etc. Consider changing your profile "Locale" to your...

In Gear Deals » Gear Test Giveaway - Greenbelly
March 03, 11:51am

Re: no words
Doug - She had a good life. As did you. As do we all, if we take the time to feel it. Thanks for the reminder. Take Care.

In Chaff » Trip report - John P. Saylor Trail, PA, and a bit of memory lane
March 02, 6:49pm

Re: "winter"
gee, I wonder how much harder it would have been if it was a record snow and they did it without skis and only at night. sheeeseesss. They Did IT! Congrats.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trauma & Pepper finish their winter-thru of the PCT
March 02, 4:23pm

Re: Hiking pace
"There is no wasted motion and they glide down the trail." +1 When you hike, watch the shadow of your head. You shouldn't see much "up and down".

In Philosophy & Technique » hiking cadence
March 02, 12:49pm

Re: Tiny, tiny hole in Exped Downmat UL7.
As mentioned, first wipe out the seats for the vent plugs and test again. After that, a deep bathtub. And you have to get in there with it. Its a pretty funny wrestling match to an observer. ...

In GEAR » Tiny, tiny hole in Exped Downmat UL7.
March 02, 8:26am

Re: hiking cadence
In working on increased speed pay attention to your current stride length. If your hip stabilizers aren't ready the hip of your leading leg can drop, which can stress the ITB of the opposite l...

In Philosophy & Technique » hiking cadence
March 01, 9:00pm

Re: Pack that doesn't lead to shoulder pain
"The only pack that seemed to work was the Kelty PK 50. The Kelty fit great ..." If you have a working "model", learn from it and go from there. Take pictures of a loade...

In GEAR » Pack that doesn't lead to shoulder pain
March 01, 7:10pm

Re: Trauma & Pepper finish their winter-thru of the PCT
Last blog post was Feb 5th. I was wondering ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Trauma & Pepper finish their winter-thru of the PCT
March 01, 6:56pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm