BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 251 - 260 of 4586 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...459

Forum » Thread

Re: Considerations for Women
"The frame being limber enough (or bendable enough) to accommodate the more pronounced longitudinal lumbar curvature of a woman’s lower back in the lumbar-butt area..." "Longi...

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter 4400 Backpack Review
January 10, 9:22am

Re: Re: Re: wet tarp carry
Andrei, Did you read the section on "The No-Pocket Controversy" in the review? In some cases it matters, and in others, it doesn't. HYOH and YMMV apply here.

In Editor's Roundtable » Hyperlite Mountain Gear Porter 4400 Backpack Review
January 10, 9:14am

Re: Re: Technical Description of Capilene ?
"Is there a specific question that you are looking to have answered?" I'm of the opinion that Capilene no different than all the other "named" polyester fabrics. Patagoni...

In GEAR » Technical Description of Capilene ?
January 10, 9:02am

Technical Description of Capilene ?
Capilene is polyester. What makes it different from any other polyester, beside the fact that it is a name registered by Patagonia? I'm looking for a Technical answer... If you hav...

In GEAR » Technical Description of Capilene ?
January 10, 8:16am

Re: Hiking with a Vet
"Pre schools, I am told, also harbor infestations of giardia." They are the vectors and reservoirs for All communicable diseases.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Giardia: Let's Talk SCIENCE
January 09, 6:27pm

Re: Trauma and Yoni
"A friend reminded me, Trauma and his dog Yoni hiked the calendar triple crown (plus Key West to Gaspe' !) in 2006. Not sure if Yoni was in the national parks or not the whole way." ...

In On the Web » Canine thru-hike of CDT
January 09, 6:21pm

Re: Re: "service dog"
"Sounds like this is an on your honor system..." Yep. "... and if she wants to keep those details private, that's her prerogative." Provided they are legit a...

In On the Web » Canine thru-hike of CDT
January 09, 5:44pm

What is Capilene?
Capilene is polyester. What makes it different from any other polyester, beside the fact that it is a name registered by Patagonia? (I'm looking for a technical answer on what makes i...

In GEAR » What is Capilene?
January 09, 5:02pm

Re: augh
Hang your food, and run the cord through a Frisbee, or similar, that is wider than your food bag. Search around, because it is a common issue.

In GEAR » Durability of OPsacks?
January 08, 8:05pm

Re: Ursack minor
From the Ursack website - "We now make a rodent resistant bag, the Ursack Minor. ... Sometimes mice can chew very small holes, but very little of your food is likely to be taken." ...

In GEAR » Durability of OPsacks?
January 08, 7:45pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm