BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 251 - 260 of 5004 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...501

Forum » Thread

Re: Questions Answered!
I appreciate the answer, and the source.... ....but to a question posted 3 years ago? I'm fascinated by what transpired to make it happen.

In GEAR » Evazote Pads - why?
May 31, 2:12pm

Re: Knee Clams
With resistance. But, IMHO - Initially, at least, less is better than more, in order to maintain good form. Once you can get through 30x3 three times a day, With Good Form, then add more r...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » IT Band issues
May 31, 1:28pm

Re: Aqua Mira Wait Times -
Wait Times - Just to beat this dead horse again, because "30 minutes" is not full disclosure - "Under worse case scenarios (really cold and turbid water), it could take up to ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Aquamira A+B ratio critical?
May 31, 6:12am

Re: Re: Re: Re: What about the chemistry??
I exchanged emails with McNett regarding the hypothetical acceptability of a "6:7" drop ratio, phrased differently each time, with disclaimers, but basically got the run around, with them...

May 30, 6:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Notes for a Treatise on Dehydrated Chilimac
Also consider Orzo - a wheat pasta with excellent packing characteristics - And for nutritional variety the brown rice pastas from Tinkyada. No reason you can't break "lasanga...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Help Pimp my MTR to Whitney Food System
May 30, 9:53am

Re: Options for cleaning a sleeping bag?
Thanks Franco. Searching for "pure soap flakes" does the trick. (In the USA.) Glad to know it's coming back.

In GEAR » Options for cleaning a sleeping bag?
May 29, 5:49pm

Re: What about the chemistry??
"However, Mike Clelland seems to have maintained his position over the years that you can do a little mix in the morning and you're set for the day." N=1 His Water = Your Water ??...

May 29, 5:39pm

Re: Options for cleaning a sleeping bag?
IMHO castile (oil based) soap doesn't rinse out very well in cold or warm water. I recently looked for "soap" of any kind for laundering and failed. I found only detergent. The...

In GEAR » Options for cleaning a sleeping bag?
May 29, 5:06pm

Re: ITB issues
Jennifer - " You cannot actually stretch the ITB - so if you can't seem to do that don't worry, you're not doing it wrong, it just really can't be done effectively. If you t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » IT Band issues
May 29, 5:00pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Questions about putting some eVent fabric onto Cuben MLD SoloMid for venting
"I'm trying to turn my Cuben SoloMid into the ultimate winter tent" From Ryan Jordan's review of an eVent tent. "eVENT fabric is not magic. In very cold conditi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Questions about putting some eVent fabric onto Cuben MLD SoloMid for venting
May 29, 3:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm