BPL Community Profile

todd harper (funnymoney) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Sunshine State
About Me Began hiking in the Carolinas, some in Virginia and now in Florida - much less variation in terrain, I'm sad to say, but beautiful in its own right. A Gatewood Cape w/Serenity is my primary solo shelter nowadays.

I'm also into kayaking & fishing.
StateFlorida

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by todd harper

Showing 251 - 260 of 1547 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...155

Forum » Thread

Re: Cold weather face protection while sleeping?
A merino buff, doubled up in a beanie configuration and the band undolded to cover the nose, works great down to the mid 40's for me. Below that I add a cheapo acrylic beanie and cover the n...

In GEAR » Cold weather face protection while sleeping?
December 30, 8:07pm

Re: WTB Fire Lite Folding Spoon
Several on ebay right now. The cheapest is from a seller w/no feedback, fwiw.

In Gear Swap » WTB Fire Lite Folding Spoon
December 29, 10:06am

Re: Thanks BPL - the feel good thread
I'm feelin' ya Clayton! I, too, don't have the lightest pack on this site but I've helped a lot of folks I know get lower than they ever imagined. And they think I'M the l...

In Philosophy & Technique » Thanks BPL - the feel good thread
December 29, 7:25am

Re: Having hard time justifying the weight of a jetboil
The price is right and the weight is low... http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=63730 It may help a little.

In GEAR » Having hard time justifying the weight of a jetboil
December 26, 9:20am

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS
Merry Christmas to you too Martin! My youngest litle girl just woke up the others. Good stuff. Todd

In Gear Swap » MERRY CHRISTMAS
December 25, 6:00am

Re: TR: Dick Smith Wilderness, CA FastPack with Ultra-Runner Howard Cohen
Whew! Looks rough. Way to grind it out. I hear ya on the black night sky. Dazzling. Do the waffles taste good?

In Post-Trip Reports » TR: Dick Smith Wilderness, CA FastPack with Ultra-Runner Howard Cohen
December 15, 11:55am

Re: MYOG down mummy bag
+1 .... really, REALLY good! I admire your work Brendan.

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG down mummy bag
December 03, 7:42pm

Re: Weber cubes
Esbit does rub off in the dirt. It is not LNT, but I do it. I just do it in a frequently used spot w/packed dirt and call it "ok". I wouldn't do it next to water though.

In GEAR » Weber cubes
November 22, 4:29pm

Re: Montbell Trekking Umbrella durability
Awesome thoughts, Ice Axe. I enjoyed it and am going to try one now. Thought about it for years but your experience pushed me to try.

In GEAR » Montbell Trekking Umbrella durability
November 21, 10:07pm

Re: Reducing the Fiddle Factor
James, I love my Gatewood. Curious, though, Not that it adds much weight, but is the rear tie-out needed? I guess it will reduce side shift as you sleep.

In Make Your Own Gear » Reducing the Fiddle Factor
November 17, 7:27pm

All Reader Reviews by todd harper

todd harper has posted no reviews.