BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 251 - 260 of 399 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...40

Forum » Thread

found it - maybe
Found this on e-bay for $20 I think I can mod it by cutting off the back and sewing attachment loops to my backpack. Thanks again for all of the help. I definately will use seattle fabrics i...

In Make Your Own Gear » mesh for a chest pack
June 25, 4:36am

sources?
I've been hoping that someone had a source for you. I have a friend that took two sleeping bags and converted them into a "fat" suit with legs and arms. When it was time for bed he ju...

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY Elephant Foot style quilt?
June 25, 4:29am

thanks
great ideas. I ordered the sample packs Dave

June 22, 8:39am

thanks
Thanks for the links, but I was hoping for some insight into each different kind of mesh. I need more than product descriptions. It needs to be tough and fairly stiff, as I will be sewing loops and...

June 22, 6:03am

great idea
Good use of an old platy. John - to dry the inside of a platy and all tubing - buy a $5 aquarium pump and run the air hose into whatever you need to dry. The positive air flow dries it fast. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Simple Water Scoop and Pre-Filter
June 21, 6:41pm

mesh for a chest pack
Looking for a source for a durable mesh to make a vest with webbing attachments for SAR work. I tried the ribz pack last weekend and was very disappointed. My chest got sweaty and hot. The strap...

June 21, 9:04am

anser from another newbie
I don't have a lot of experience, but I know that for stiffness - Walmart sells a set of 3 thin plastic flexible cutting boards. You could use these to stiffen the bags. They cut very easily, b...

In Make Your Own Gear » Few starter questions from a newbie.....
June 14, 7:41pm

cost / function
Since I was in the design stage and had limited sewing skills, I opted for cost and function. $4 a yard pack cloth vs $20 a yard specialty fabrics. Many people have mixed fabrics to account for hi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Backpack fabric
June 13, 4:34am

Ribz pack
The RIBZ pack has been brought up before. you could mod it to include a waist pack. I am going to try the ribz pack on my next SAR next weekend. I'll let you know how it goes. Trying it on it s...

In Make Your Own Gear » pack design idea..?
June 12, 5:40pm

thanks
Thanks for your help. Maybe it is time to try down again. I remeber reacting to the down pillows as a kid and the michelin man coats as a teenager. (that was a long long time ago) As I look i...

In Make Your Own Gear » Might can quilt
June 10, 8:59pm

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am