Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 251 - 260 of 402 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...41

Forum » Thread

great timing
Wow, great job. and nice timing as this is on my to-do list before my fall trips. Thanks for all of the detail and tips. Hmm, linelocs on the tie outs, might have to look at that idea. Sure wou...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Flat Solo Cuben Tarp
July 12, 5:07am

edging
I iron the edging in half and then sew it in one pass. works great Dave

In Make Your Own Gear » binding using grosgrain
July 01, 5:43pm

Marmot Driclime
any sources for this fabric lining? I really like how it feels and performs. I may have a few projects to make with it as a next to the skin lining. Thanks Dave

In Make Your Own Gear » Marmot Driclime
June 30, 6:09pm

found it - maybe
Found this on e-bay for $20 I think I can mod it by cutting off the back and sewing attachment loops to my backpack. Thanks again for all of the help. I definately will use seattle fabrics i...

In Make Your Own Gear » mesh for a chest pack
June 25, 4:36am

sources?
I've been hoping that someone had a source for you. I have a friend that took two sleeping bags and converted them into a "fat" suit with legs and arms. When it was time for bed he ju...

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY Elephant Foot style quilt?
June 25, 4:29am

thanks
great ideas. I ordered the sample packs Dave

June 22, 8:39am

thanks
Thanks for the links, but I was hoping for some insight into each different kind of mesh. I need more than product descriptions. It needs to be tough and fairly stiff, as I will be sewing loops and...

June 22, 6:03am

great idea
Good use of an old platy. John - to dry the inside of a platy and all tubing - buy a $5 aquarium pump and run the air hose into whatever you need to dry. The positive air flow dries it fast. ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Simple Water Scoop and Pre-Filter
June 21, 6:41pm

mesh for a chest pack
Looking for a source for a durable mesh to make a vest with webbing attachments for SAR work. I tried the ribz pack last weekend and was very disappointed. My chest got sweaty and hot. The strap...

June 21, 9:04am

anser from another newbie
I don't have a lot of experience, but I know that for stiffness - Walmart sells a set of 3 thin plastic flexible cutting boards. You could use these to stiffen the bags. They cut very easily, b...

In Make Your Own Gear » Few starter questions from a newbie.....
June 14, 7:41pm

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am