Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Myers (dallas) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me John Myers has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Myers

Showing 251 - 260 of 271 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Forum » Thread

Re: Dining Fly
We just got back from our trek last night. We used a Silnylon fly and just tied it to trees. We had some treking poles and velcro straps that we were prepared to use but just never used them. We di...

In Philmont » Dining Fly
June 25, 11:02am

Re: Bushbuddy
Doug, I loved the idea of the bushbuddy for a stove. We just returned from our trek last night and the fire danger is rated extreme so they would not have allowed it while we were there. I recomme...

June 25, 10:59am

Can you tell us how much they weigh?

In Gear Swap » Nike Considered Humara Barefoot Trail Running Shoe
June 05, 2:14pm

Clarification on Bear Ropes
"Bear Ropes: Now to something I recommended not touching. I met Paul Mergens on last years trek. He recognized me from my article & he shared what he is doing & had confirmed by Doug P...

In Philmont » Backpacking Light @ Philmont
May 15, 6:45am

Phil, We share philosophies and gear choices. I'm using a GG squall classic, my son is in a TT Rainshadow 2 and we're using the same stoves and a lightweight dining fly, ropes, stakes and ...

May 14, 11:40am

Ha! From a FFSOM (formerly fat, still old man) I couldn't agree more. I dropped about 25 in the past year so I figure I'm slack packing this trip.

May 14, 7:44am

Trek 23
Phil, We're also trek 23! Still refining my gear list but getting there. Total skin out is about 23 lbs so I'd like to shave some more. Some of that is comfort items (BA pad, slinglight...

May 14, 6:59am

Lighter Gear
We are going to Philmont this year and all of our participants have been working to get their pack weights down. This site is one of the resources that they have been using to learn about new gear ...

May 13, 2:52pm

RailRiders shirt sale

In Gear Deals » RailRiders shirt sale
April 17, 9:22am

I'm interested in the filter.

In Gear Swap » gear up for grabs!
April 15, 5:38pm

All Reader Reviews by John Myers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Zpacks Exo with external stays
I recently returned from a 10 day trek at Philmont Scout Ranch and took a ZPack Exo external frame pack. My base weight was 10 pounds but I wanted a pack that could handle the extra weight and volu...

In Backpacks - External Frame
June 26, 1:55pm