BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 251 - 260 of 560 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...56

Forum » Thread

Dark Canyon
Brad, For Dark Canyon, I recommend not doing the woodenshoe/peavine loop despite it being the most popular loop . If you really want a loop, go down Sundance and do a Youngs/Lean To loop. Or jus...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking in Utah: Gear and other q's
May 07, 1:06pm

Re: Nice!
Thanks for the kind words...

In Post-Trip Reports » Finishing What I Started: Black Ridge Canyons Wilderness, April 21-23
May 07, 7:20am

utah bugz
mosquitos are pretty easy to avoid, but heads up that that time of year can be prime P/J gnat time. I'll take mosquitos any day over the gnats. They aren't just in the canyon bottoms. Mo...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Backpacking in Utah: Gear and other q's
May 04, 10:15am

Finishing What I Started: Black Ridge Canyons Wilderness, April 21-23
Background: I first attempted this trip last November, when I had to bail due to slick, sticky clay mud making walking a quite arduous activity. The route: leave from Pollock Bench Trailhead, whic...

In Post-Trip Reports » Finishing What I Started: Black Ridge Canyons Wilderness, April 21-23
May 03, 10:43pm

Re: FS: MLD Trailstar, MSR Titan kettle, merino and capilene baselayers, Montbell Rain Trekker
Titan and Trailstar sold. Stuart, the Trailstar was grey.

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Trailstar, MSR Titan kettle, merino and capilene baselayers, Montbell Rain Trekker
May 03, 10:37am

FS: MLD Trailstar, MSR Titan kettle, merino and capilene baselayers, Montbell Rain Trekker
All prices include shipping. If you buy multiple items, subtract $5 from the total for each additional item. PM me if you're interested... Montbell Rain Trekker Jacket size M. $60. MB...

In Gear Swap » FS: MLD Trailstar, MSR Titan kettle, merino and capilene baselayers, Montbell Rain Trekker
May 02, 3:16pm

Re: re: Pulse durability
I just picked up a Pulse and can't speak to the durability yet, but after a few weeks of use I can say that I'm extremely pleased with the jacket. The Pertex Shield is far nicer feeling th...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Waterproof-Breathable Jackets: 2012 State of the Market Report
April 17, 10:21pm

Re: Dark Canyon Clothing List Late May
What route are you doing? Overall that list looks pretty good. I don't really think you'll need the Zeus unless you'll be in the upper part on the rim. Late May is pretty toasty, eve...

In Gear Lists » Dark Canyon Clothing List Late May
April 17, 6:34pm

Re: 7d vs m50
FWIW I find m50 to be quite a bit easier to work with than 7d. I'm not sure about the 8d. Any reason you aren't just using m50 for outer and inner?

In Make Your Own Gear » TQ Shell Material
April 11, 4:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why Aren't There Many X-Pac Packs Out There?
Add me to those who greatly prefer xpac to dyneema x. I think the ideal pack fabric would be basically DX40 with a lighter face fabric. Maybe 200d dyneema instead of 400d.

In GEAR » Why Aren't There Many X-Pac Packs Out There?
April 10, 8:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.