Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
CountryUnited
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 251 - 260 of 622 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...63

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: My planned layers
I'm with Mike--you want something thin and light as your first layer regardless of season. I use a short sleeve tee as my first layer year round. I use merino 1 for cooler weather and Arctery...

In Winter Hiking » What is your winter layering system?
October 29, 7:49am

Re: Aldo Leopold Wilderness
Thanks for the report. That looks like some awesome forest. Gotta get down there sometime.

In Post-Trip Reports » Aldo Leopold Wilderness
October 28, 1:43pm

Re: re: pack design
A couple tips for attaching shoulder straps: -Attach shoulder straps to a piece of fabric and then attach that to the back panel. This makes future adjustments much easier than if they're sew...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help with a MYOG Pack
October 26, 10:10am

Re: Beautiful
Thanks all for the kind words. Nico, it was pretty much all off trail. On the west side of the park I walked about a mile of 4x4 road and I walked a mile or so of trail in the Klondike Bluffs...

In Post-Trip Reports » The (almost) Ultimate Arches Loop
October 25, 4:11pm

Re: Re: The (almost) Ultimate Arches Loop
There was actually tons of water; that night was the only time I couldn't find any, and I could have backtracked 30 minutes to plenty. I decided to carry 3 liters for the rest of the trip to b...

October 24, 11:14am

The (almost) Ultimate Arches Loop
Spent a couple gorgeous October days last week exploring Arches...more snaps and full trip report here

October 24, 10:54am

Re: 5 Beginning Concepts for Winter Backpacking
Excellent, Dave. Thanks.

In Editor's Roundtable » 5 Beginning Concepts for Winter Backpacking
October 24, 10:41am

Re: Re: Re: Fuji X100 for backpacking review
Very cool shot. Agreed, the AFL/AEL feature is great. Between the different focusing/exposure modes, viewfinder options, etc, it definitely is adaptable to different shooting personalities and si...

In Photography » Fuji X100 for backpacking review
October 14, 12:23pm

Re: FS: Kookabay pad, New Balance MT10, Montbell Rain Trekker, Limmer Boots
Pad is sold. I'll be gone the next couple days so if you email or PM me I'll get back to you when I get back. I'll be around the rest of today.

In Gear Swap » FS: Kookabay pad, New Balance MT10, Montbell Rain Trekker, Limmer Boots
October 14, 11:33am

@ Clayton
Just realized my question was poorly worded and was possibly (?) misunderstood. I'd send you a PM but looks like don't have a address set up. I meant to ask if you work/live in Ecuador an...

In GEAR » Using microspikes outside of the snow?
October 13, 5:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.