BPL Community Profile

Brendan Swihart (brendans) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Fruita CO
About Me Brendan Swihart has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://outlivingblog.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brendan Swihart

Showing 251 - 260 of 579 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...58

Forum » Thread

Re: solutions
Mina, there's been a couple recent threads for group orders of nylofume bags, which are odorproof bags used in fumigating homes. Way cheaper than opsacks and no zipper to worry about failure. ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Bear safety, Colorado San Juan NF
June 06, 5:41pm

Re: Re: Any advice for pointy hips and backpacks?
The last couple packs I've made I cut out a section of the foam padding that goes across my hips (so the foam is "V" shaped with the tip of the V being where it buckles). Comfy and s...

In GEAR » Any advice for pointy hips and backpacks?
June 06, 3:23pm

"Bear safety, Colorado San Juan NF"
I've backpacked quite a bit in the Weminuche and usually just use an odorproof bag inside a cuben drybag and clip it to a tree or pile rocks on it. Never had a problem. I usually camp above t...

In Philosophy & Technique » Bear safety, Colorado San Juan NF
June 06, 3:17pm

Re: x-pac taping
No, put the tape onto the fabric (PU coated side), then cut the strips of fabric so now you have essentially a one sided tape. Peel off the backing and tape the seams. edit: for this applicat...

In Make Your Own Gear » waterproof backpack fabric
June 03, 5:39pm

Re: taping WX vs TX vs VX
I've done some tape testing on the mentioned fabrics. The McNett iron on tape adheres very well to the VX taffeta back and fairly well to the TX/WX back. I've also made tape using 3M 9485...

June 03, 4:08pm

Re: waterproof backpack fabric
Something to consider re pack fabric weights: Most UL style packs only use around a square yard of fabric, so the weight savings of using something like VX21 vs cuben is only a few ounces and the ...

June 03, 3:00pm

Re: Re: Bob Marshall
Fantastic, Dan.

In Post-Trip Reports » Bob Marshall Wilderness Open – Eccentric But Not Insane
June 02, 7:23am

Fence/Escalante/25 mile wash loop
We had hoped to do a longer trip over Memorial Day weekend, but two days of apocalyptic wind and dust last Friday and Saturday was enough to delay our start. We left for Escalante early afternoon ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Fence/Escalante/25 mile wash loop
May 31, 9:43pm

Re: Getting paid to backpack
Geology or biological/environmental sciences. I went back to school to study biology after doing social work for a few years after graduating from college. Right now I'm working for an enviro...

In Chaff » Getting paid to backpack
May 31, 7:55pm

Re: PIF: Exofficio pants
PM Sent

In Gear Swap » PIF: Exofficio pants
May 31, 5:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Brendan Swihart

Brendan Swihart has posted no reviews.