BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 251 - 260 of 625 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...63

Forum » Thread

"battery charger"
+1 on the kindle--and I'm anti-Amazon. (the company, not the...you know.)It does get great battery life. It's a tad heavier than a judiciously chosen paperback, but you do get to carry as m...

In GEAR » battery charger
April 16, 1:50pm

"The Truth About Exercise M. Mosley"
"The First Twenty Minutes" by Gretchen Reynolds looks into this sort of thing as well. short bursts of intense aerobic exercise followed by brief rest, repeat. Twenty minutes of this is b...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Truth About Exercise M. Mosley
April 15, 7:43pm

"PCT through hike list"
I've staked out my Fly Creek the way Drew Jay does his Hexamid often in the Sierra. In my experience using rocks this way is as solid as can be and relatively easy to do. That Hexamid is a s...

In Gear Lists » PCT through hike list
April 13, 7:23pm

"Mh Canyon Shirt VS RailRider Bone Flats?"
I have the MH canyon and like it. The mesh under the arms is great; most sun shirts have mesh on the back and that won't work if you wear a pack. It's very durable. The buttons are a chore ...

In GEAR » Mh Canyon Shirt VS RailRider Bone Flats?
April 10, 9:57pm

"The Hype of Dehydration and Heatstroke"
Elevated heart rates will often revert to normal rhythm on their own. You really want this to happen. But think this through: someone like Dan, obviously young and fit, crashed his body to a point ...

In Philosophy & Technique » The Hype of Dehydration and Heatstroke
April 10, 7:07pm

"The Hype of Dehydration and Heatstroke"
Dan: this past winter I went nordic skiing pretty hard for three days. Highish altitude, cold dry air and a stove in my cabin at night. On the fourth night I woke up at 1:30 with my heart racing an...

In Philosophy & Technique » The Hype of Dehydration and Heatstroke
April 10, 2:01pm

"Bearikades"
Gossamer Gear G4. Mine is older; it may be that their newer design flares out a bit at the bottom. It's a tight fit but the weekender goes horizontal in this pack.

In GEAR » Bearikades
April 09, 3:04pm

"Bearikades"
I definitely carry mine inside my pack. For 5 days I can use the Scout, which lays horizontally on the bottom of my pack and still leaves room on either side to stuff socks etc. You have to carry t...

In GEAR » Bearikades
April 09, 1:23pm

"Bearikades"
Josh: my Weekender is going on 12 years at least...lost count really...probably more...still going strong except that the chain joining the lid to the can is broken. I could fix it but it's not...

In GEAR » Bearikades
April 09, 10:12am

"Post your REI Garage Sale scores"
Kahtoola microspikes for $20.00. I know, not that great a deal, but the thing is, I just happened to wander in on the second day of the sale, and there they were. I can't believe that they last...

In GEAR » Post your REI Garage Sale scores
April 08, 7:24pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm