BPL Community Profile

jeffrey armbruster (book) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Northern California
About Me bookseller. nordic skier. backpacker.
Cityberkeley
Stateca
Countryusa

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 251 - 260 of 636 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...64

Forum » Thread

"Ankle support - best boots and braces?"
It may be that I have the Active Ankle brace that Ben mentioned--looks like the Aso...anyway, the important thing is that you can use the finger loops on the figure 8 straps to pull up on both side...

In GEAR » Ankle support - best boots and braces?
April 29, 10:19am

"Ankle support - best boots and braces?"
I really like the Aso ankle support a lot. I've used one on my left foot for three years both hiking and nordic skiing. I find that it's actually MORE comfortable than a sock/figure eight v...

In GEAR » Ankle support - best boots and braces?
April 28, 8:06pm

"2 week backpack trip in North Cascades"
I think that you'll be very happy with any of the routes around Glacier Peak. You can also access this area from Holden, or even Stehekin (lovely boat ride out of Chelan or 25 Mile Creek requir...

In Pre-Trip Planning » 2 week backpack trip in North Cascades
April 28, 7:44pm

Keen Oregon PCT boots or Keen Ketchum: anyone tried these?
I need a wide toe box, and Keens seem to be widest. I also like a firm, torsion resistant sole. The Ketchums have this type sole. I'd prefer a higher lace boot like the Oregons but I can't ...

In GEAR » Keen Oregon pct or Ketchum: anyone tried these?
April 27, 4:43pm

"what's better for your knees: stiff soles or, well, less stiff soles
True about strengthening muscles to help with knee issues. I've done a pretty good regimen and it's really helped. You have to keep it up though! That said, my left knee hasn't had any ...

In GEAR » what's better for your knees: stiff soles or, well, less stiff soles
April 23, 10:03am

what's better for your knees: stiff soles or, well, less stiff soles
edit

April 22, 7:15pm

"Hat Options"
Sun Precautions has a drape style hat that works like a hat/buff, or hat/bandana, but with some advantages, imo. It's 100 spf (solumbra fabric). The drape hangs loose and so is probably cooler ...

In GEAR » Hat Options
April 21, 9:24pm

"what's better for your knees: stiff soles or, well, less stiff soles
Daryll: interesting, Ive noticed that about going down stairs as well. The Vasque Breeze are the 'new boots' that I'm trying! I agree about navigating away from pain. Everything is a...

April 20, 4:14pm

what's better for your knees: stiff soles or, well, less stiff soles
I've been using a new pair of boots with much less sole stiffnes. I like the boots but I've noticed my left knee has begun to ache a bit on downhills; never has before. There could be no co...

April 20, 3:53pm

"Netting Floor for shelter. Any drawbacks??"
edit

In GEAR » Netting Floor for shelter. Any drawbacks??
April 17, 7:14pm

All Reader Reviews by jeffrey armbruster

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Vasque Breeze GTX
These boots really are a breeze on your feet. Unlike another reviewer, I found these boots to have terrific ankle support. However, the deal-killer for me is the relatively narrow toe box. Full disclo...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
March 16, 7:35pm