Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 251 - 260 of 1796 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...180

Forum » Thread

Iphone USGS topo map navigation app
Hi All, I have wanted to buy an iPhone ever since they came out. I haven't because they were not enough "Computer" and more or less a cell phone. I don't own a cell phone and...

In GEAR » Iphone USGS topo map navigation app
March 24, 12:37pm

hot knife buying advice?
Hi, When I cut material that might or will fray I have a "hot knife" that I bought with a 50% off coupon from my local Micheals Store. Woodburning Pen It has a replaceable #11 Xa...

In Make Your Own Gear » hot knife buying advice?
March 23, 9:03am

Cuben Fiber / Climashield XP - Sleeping Bag - Pattern?
Hi Taylor, This is the thread for my first Cuben Sleeping Bag. I talk some about how I made the pattern. First Cuben Sleeping Bag Thread If you have a sleeping bag that fits you, put some pa...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Fiber / Climashield XP - Sleeping Bag
March 21, 11:42am

Jacket, Backpack, Tent 3-in-1 Garment
Hi, This looks like part of an idea I once had for a "Great Kilt" "The International Association of Sub 1 Pound (Gear List) Backpackers (I.A.S.1.(GL)P.B.)" at: http:...

In GEAR » Jacket, Backpack, Tent 3-in-1 Garment
March 10, 8:18pm

Carbon Fiber Pack Stay - Adding a Pack Bag
These may be the last pictures I post for awhile. 11. I think I have roughed in all the changes to the pack bag that I am going to make. I have backed off the pack weight to 15 pounds for a ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Lighter Carbon Back Stay - version 2
March 09, 7:51pm

Carbon Fiber Pack Stay - Adding a Pack Bag
I finished the pack bag for the Carbon Fiber Stay, loaded it up with 20 pounds of stuff and went for a 2 mile walk. I needed a way to get a little air between my back and the pack bag so I tied in...

March 07, 10:54pm

Is the 5oz Climashield XP at Thru-hiker.com really 5oz's/yd
The 5 ounce per sq yard XP I used in my last sleeping bag weighed an average of just over 6 ounces a sq yard. I could tell when I first looked at it that most was thicker than I expected. I h...

In Make Your Own Gear » Is the 5oz Climashield XP at Thru-hiker.com really 5oz's/yd?
March 07, 9:42pm

10-20 Degree Cuben/XP Sleeping Bag - 15.6 ounces - Done
Tim and Steven, My "Vent System" is more like a "Trap Door" that when opened will let me turn the Sleeping Bag inside out and expose part or all of the insulation if that is ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Fiber / Climashield XP - Sleeping Bag
March 07, 12:07pm

Lighter Carbon Pack Stay - Adding a Pack Bag
Friday, I have now had Kevin's Carbon Fiber Stay 2 days. I was just a bit excited when I saw it and went to work to get a few ideas worked out. I have a Pack Bag modified to work with the ...

March 06, 11:17am

Ti Trowel Stock
Hi, All my Titanium came from Thur-Hiker.com. About a year or so ago I talked to Ayce and he said his Ti was about gone. The last time I looked for Ti on his web site it was not listed....

In Make Your Own Gear » Ti Trowel Stock
March 05, 9:19pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am