BPL Community Profile

Manfred Kopisch (Orienteering) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Manfred Kopisch hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Manfred Kopisch has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Manfred Kopisch

Showing 251 - 260 of 392 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...40

Forum » Thread

Coit Lake and Kelly Lake
Good timing :) You can first join the 4th Annual GGG meeting at Manzanita Point on Saturday and Sunday and then go on your hike on Monday and Tuesday. For a 20 mile loop from headquarter (or Manzan...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Henry Coe On Presidents Day Weekend
February 01, 6:14pm

ZPacks Exo
I commented already two weeks ago in another thread the following. In the meantime we went on a 20 mile weekend trip. I carried 27 lbs with relatively full bear canister which worked fine in the Ex...

In GEAR » ZPacks Exo and MLD Exodus FS
February 01, 5:24pm

How many people are bringing kids this year?
My wife and I are thinking about bringing two of our children (the two who will do the JMT with us this year). The girls are 8 and 10 (the 10 year old did the JMT already last year with her 13 year...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Official GGG Thread READ
February 01, 5:00pm

No Pots at all needed
Our crew used JetBoil Sol canister stoves on their trek last summer. They would just heat 2 cups of water and add that to the Mountain House bag. Once the food was re-hydrated, half the food was po...

In Philmont » Philmont Backpacks
February 01, 4:41pm

Pack Size for Philmont
Hi Ernie, Most of our scouts used the Osprey Exos 58 with states a gear capacity of 3500 cubic inches and a weight of 2 lbs and 8 oz. We could have gone with smaller backpacks, but for our prepa...

In Philmont » Philmont Backpacks
February 01, 1:01pm

Testing with Wind Machine
The German Outdoor Magazine includes windmachine tests in their testing of tents. Here is the link to the article for the 2011 test of twelve two-person trekking tents And here is the article...

In Editor's Roundtable » Storm Resistance of Ultralight Shelters: Part 1, Introduction
January 31, 4:33pm

NeoAir Xlite in REI stores
Our local REI store (SF Bay area) had today the Xlite in regular and large in store.

In GEAR » New NeoAir Xlite and NeoAir Xtherm
January 26, 3:18pm

Preliminary Tests
I received my Zpacks Exo last month. I intend to replace my Osprey Exos 58 with it and take it on a three week trip on the JMT. The pack alone would save me over 1.5 lbs. Here are some observations...

In GEAR » ZPacks Exo Backpack
January 18, 11:19am

Frozen Lake Pass & Snow Tongue Pass - Photos
Here are photos from a S-N trip in September 2011. In both cases the photo has been taken looking back up the pass. Standing on top and looking down one of these passes can be intimidating. I was f...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sierra High Route - Should I stay or Should I go?
January 17, 9:19pm

Solar Charger for AA batteries and USB
For the last two years I have had good experiences with the PowerFilm Chargers. I own two versions - a charger for four AA batteries and a charger for two AA & USB. My long-term experience is s...

In GEAR » Virus from a water source?
January 16, 3:07pm

All Reader Reviews by Manfred Kopisch

Manfred Kopisch has posted no reviews.