BPL Community Profile

Manfred Kopisch (Orienteering) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Manfred Kopisch hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Manfred Kopisch has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Manfred Kopisch

Showing 251 - 260 of 402 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...41

Forum » Thread

Bear Canister on three week JMT
Ryan, going on the JMT for three weeks should be a lot of fun. My wife and I did it last year with our 9 & 13 year old daughters and the year before with our 15 year old sons. The daily mile...

In Pre-Trip Planning » JMT planning, hike duration
April 17, 11:22pm

Apple Store not taking cash for IPad
Here in the Bay Area the following story http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/7_on_your_side&id=7447037 described how the local Apple store did only accept credit or debit card for pur...

In GEAR » GoLite stores don't take....cash?!?!
April 14, 10:44am

Days of Food per Bear Canister
Hi Susan, We calculate 90 cubic inch of volume per day of food per person. So we would get almost 5 days of food into the 440 cu inch of the BV 450 and could go on a six day trip (carrying the f...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT Second half resupply
April 13, 4:25pm

Map with Bear Canister Requirements
Hello Michael, Cutting a trout into pieces, throwing it into the pot of water with some spices and boiling the water makes also for some great fish with a nice broth. Here is a link from the ...

April 13, 2:06pm

Resupply after MTR
Hi Michael, we met last summer on the JMT at Palisade Creek. This summer my wife and I will take again two of our kids (9 & 10 at that time). So this will be our third JMT in a row. In 2010 ...

April 13, 12:45pm

Don't do it ...
Hi Zach, The price point for the High Sierra Appalachian 75L is tempting, but you would put immediately 6 lbs on your back without even having any gear in there. Don't do it! Read Doug Pros...

In GEAR » Backpack Help
March 09, 10:35pm

4 Miles per day?
Dan, At first glance 4 miles per day seems sort of short for a 9-10 day trip along the SHR. May be you plan extra time for peak bagging along the route or you like to fish for lunch and dinner?...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sierra High Route -What sectin would you recommend
February 22, 10:50am

GGG IV - Four things that made it even better than last year
All, Kat listed already so eloquently all the people who contributed to the success of last weekend's GGG IV, that I won't repeat any names -- besides saying Thanks to Ken & Ken. ...

In Post-Trip Reports » GGG lV a huge success
February 20, 3:38pm

Prizes for Scouts
Our crew did a "Be the Biggest Loser" competition before Philmont. It worked wonders for their base weight. As knives and fire are between the most beloved things for scouts we offered a ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Upcoming Troop Backpack Trek
February 08, 9:19am

Will leave kids at home
Ok, ok, we will leave the kids at home. It sounds like there might be too much fun going on for them...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Official GGG Thread READ
February 05, 8:13am

All Reader Reviews by Manfred Kopisch

Manfred Kopisch has posted no reviews.