BPL Community Profile

Manfred Kopisch (Orienteering) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Manfred Kopisch hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Manfred Kopisch has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Manfred Kopisch

Showing 251 - 260 of 374 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...38

Forum » Thread

I used the SMD Gatewood Cape this July at Philmont
Michael, for myself I used the Gatewood Cape - the other advisor and I had decided early on in our preparation to each have our own shelter :) Our scouts used a variety of shelters - TT Doub...

In Philmont » Henry Shire's TarpTent Use at Philmont
December 25, 4:13pm

Happy Holidays!
May everyone enjoy these days with their family. Our kids are now happily in bed after playing board games all night. Before they went to bed they asked whether we can pleeeaaaasseee go hiking tomo...

In Chaff » Merry Christmas
December 24, 11:29pm

Loast Coast, Point Reyes to Golden Gate or Henry Coe
Hi Matthew, Welcome to Northern CA! Here are some pointers for hikes that might be interesting to you and have minimal snow 1) Lost Coast: See this trip report 2) Point Reyes to Mt Tam t...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Christmas Break Suggestions in Northern California
December 11, 6:30pm

Cuben Haven - What about Cuben Net Tent?
I'm exited about the Haven in Cuben - at 10 oz for two people. My main use would be for trips with my wife -- and she would prefer to have the inner net too. So far SMD is not considering to al...

In GEAR » SMD CUBEN HAVEN!
December 02, 9:01pm

I will try to make it again
The date is too far out to know exactly, but I will try to come again. Depending on the kids schedules I might try to bring my wife and a couple of the kids. We will see. Manfred

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » The 4th Annual BPL GGG Weekend Official Sign Up
November 11, 9:30am

New option: DeLorme inReach - two way texting on Iridium Network
This month DeLorme is coming out with a SPOT competitor that allows two way texting via their PN 60w GPSr or via an Android phone. DeLorme inReach This might be a good option for people who ...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » Backcountry Sat. Phone or SPOT
November 09, 5:18pm

So what is the shelter in the last pic?
"I'd like to know what the specs are of that shelter in the last pic..." x3

In Editor's Roundtable » Field Testing Air Permeable Waterproof-Breathable Fabric Technologies Part 3: Discussion, Conclusions, and Performance of Individual Jackets
November 09, 12:08pm

Garmin eTrex 20
Yuri, given your requirements and your price point I would get the new Garmin eTrex 20 You can load free topo maps from GPS File Depot or you can buy the 24k topo maps from Garmin, which are ro...

In GEAR » GPS recommendation
October 18, 1:31pm

How many days to you plan between resupplies?
Lucky you! Getting the lady to come along on the JMT. For your choice of backpack it is important to know how much food you will have to carry. I did the JMT this summer with my wife and our two d...

In GEAR » The BIG 4. JMT next summer.
October 16, 12:33pm

It depends on your goals and your crews' preparation
Doug, The advanced shakedown can be very helpful if your crew is prepared for it and knows their goals. I assume your crew members have read Doug Prosser's excellent article Our crew memb...

In Philmont » Advanced Ranger shakedown
October 09, 8:57am

All Reader Reviews by Manfred Kopisch

Manfred Kopisch has posted no reviews.