BPL Community Profile

John Donewar (Newton) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southeastern Louisiana
About Me Bitten by the hiking bug in 2008. The "infection" persists and I am not in search of cure. :-)
Reinfected by the MYOG bug in 2009 and I am still not in search of a cure. :-)
If I am not hiking I am reading about it or working on my gear.
Became a BPL Lifetime Member 5/1/11.
CityGretna
StateLouisiana
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Donewar

Showing 251 - 260 of 1749 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...175

Forum » Thread

Re: Frame sheet for Dana Design Terraplane revisited
Charles, I did something similar for my wife's pack. I didn't do boring old circular cut outs. The material came from the housewares department at Walmart. It's a plast...

In Make Your Own Gear » Frame sheet for Dana Design Terraplane revisited
December 06, 7:42pm

Re: USPS Shipping Delays
@Jeremy When I check your Delivery Confirmation Receipt / Tracking numbers it still shows your packages undelivered and the latest info on all three is that they left the USPS sort facility in...

In Gear Swap » FS It's all got to go to make room for a new quilt
December 06, 6:00pm

Re: Instructables
Jordo, http://www.instructables.com/id/Aluminum-Bottle-Tumbler-Cup-Cook-Pot/?ALLSTEPS Click on "Jump To" and then on the 1 thru 10 numbered steps. You can also click the right ar...

In Make Your Own Gear » Rolling the edge (lip) of a beer can pot
December 06, 4:28pm

Re: *SALE PENDING* S63 RevelationX
Tim, *SALE PENDING* S63 RevelationX black LINER, red shell, 6' WIDE 30* - $180 (add $5 to overstuff) Not for long I'm headed to your site right now. ;-) I'll update / edit this...

In Gear Deals » enLIGHTened equipment quilts in stock and ready to go
December 05, 8:31pm

Re: ColdAvenger
My post on the Buff was in agreement with Ken and meant as a helpful suggestion. My other post with the picture of the Cold Avenger was a feeble attempt at humor. Hence the title of the post, &q...

In GEAR » Equipment to breath warm air at night.
December 05, 1:43pm

"Luke, I am your father"
Cold Avenger Pro mask Party On, Newton

December 04, 4:15pm

Re: Buff
+1 for the Buff! I do it all the time in cooler to cold weather. My merino wool Buff is 36" long. I can twist and double over one end to make a "watchcap" of sorts and pull the...

December 04, 4:02pm

Re: Re: Re: FS 8' x 10' Flat Polyester Spinnaker tarp.
@David, Spelt! was the first to respond with a question about the tarp's weight. Since he was the first to show interest I'd like to give "Spelt!" first chance at it. If I g...

December 03, 4:40pm

Re: FS 8' x 10' Flat Polyester Spinnaker tarp.
@Spelt, The weight of the flat tarp is 14.60 ounces with lines attached, seam sealed and in the stuff sack. BTW the packed size in the stuff sack is 9.5" x 6.5" x 6" although i...

December 03, 3:10pm

FS 8' x 10' Flat Polyester Spinnaker tarp.
Tarp is sold to David. Thanks Back in August of 2010 I made this flat tarp out of Polymax 42 "spinnaker" fabric. This tarp is 8' x 10' and flat in configuration. ...

December 03, 12:08pm

All Reader Reviews by John Donewar

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Under Armour Men's UA Escape 7" Solid Shorts
Here are the particulars. Ultra-lightweight woven fabric. Mesh internal liner. 360° Reflectivity Hand pockets for your essentials. 7” inseam 2.2 oz. Polyester Men'...</td>          
           <td class=

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
September 29, 10:56am

Scope Outlast
This is a first for me as I have never posted a gear review before. The Scope Outlast Minibrush probably isn't really even considered as hiking gear. Scope Outlast Minibrush

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 12:14pm