Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Kevin Babione (KBabione) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pennsylvania
About Me I live near Lancaster PA and do most of my backpacking in the central and north-central parts of the state.
CityLititz
StatePA
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Babione

Showing 251 - 260 of 621 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...63

Forum » Thread

ADK Winter Mountaineering School
It is really reasonable, and I also like that you're required to bring your own food and snacks for when you're on the trail. In addition to keeping the costs of the trip down (at least wh...

In Winter Hiking » Adirondacks Winter Mountaineering School, has anyone attended the week long course
July 30, 12:15pm

ADK Winter Mountaineering School
I've not attended it, but I have looked at it a couple of times because it looks like a great way to get started with winter backpacking. The gear lists (on the Student page) look reasonable...

In Winter Hiking » Adirondacks Winter Mountaineering School, has anyone attended the week long course
July 30, 10:20am

Big Guy
@Dean, Sorry - I wasn't clear...No - I don't drink 4 liters every two miles. I was trying to explain the weight of my pack when I first got back into backpacking. I loaded my 3-liter C...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I am a big guy!
July 29, 4:05pm

Dolly Sods this Weekend
Steve, Sorry - I hadn't noticed that the list included your clothing worn. Your list looks great and I certainly understand the need for a comfortable pad. My UL kit uses a torso-length pa...

In Gear Lists » Dolly Sods this coming weekend
July 27, 7:52am

Big Guys Unite!
Shane, I'm a big guy as well...6 feet tall and around 275 pounds. Sadly, I'm not in good shape, but yes - you can hit the 20 pound mark. I also live in PA (near Lancaster) and for trip...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I am a big guy!
July 27, 5:50am

Dolly Sods Gear List
Your list looks good, but almost 20 pounds without food (you do include a liter of water) seems heavy. I understand the pack - when you have something you love then you take it. I'll count ...

In Gear Lists » Dolly Sods this coming weekend
July 26, 3:00pm

Packit Gourmet Packaging
As Stephen noted, the Packit Gourmet products come with a lot of packaging that then becomes trash. I use the instruction sheets as a firestarter and don't mind hauling out the dessicant when ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Packit Gourmet serving sizes
July 24, 8:59am

Packit Gourmet Serving Sizes
I suppose you could split some of the meals in half - Austintacious Tortilla Soup, for example, comes with two concentrated broth packets - but for others (like the sausage in Zydeco Red Beans &...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Packit Gourmet serving sizes
July 24, 6:32am

BioLite Stove
Yeah - there have been a bunch of posts since it was announced in May 2010. It looks like they might be shipping them now. I couple of BPL'rs said they've ordered one. I'm looking fo...

In GEAR » BioLite Stove
July 18, 2:17pm

Poncho as a Hammock Tarp
At one time I was thinking about this as well... I was going to have Ron at MLD take his Hexagon Hammock Tarp and make a poncho out of it with some strategically placed snaps to shorten it to ap...

In Hammocks » Gatewood cape as hammock tarp or other multipurpose options
July 17, 6:02am

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Babione

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Extremely Light Down Jacket
I'm a big guy and have the Ex Light in XXL - weighs 7.8 ounces. In addition to being a great piece of insulation to wear I've found that I can use it in my hammock as an extra top quilt by op...

In Clothing - Insulating - Down
January 03, 1:42pm

Lighten Up! by Don Ladigin
I just finished reading the book - it's an enjoyable and quick read. I've got two weekend trips planned this spring with guys who have never backpacked in their lives. I'm passing the bo...

In Books and Media
March 28, 5:52am