BPL Community Profile

Jacob D (JacobD) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale North Bay
About Me Jacob D has not added a biography yet.
CitySan Rafael
StateCA
My Website URLhttp://www.hikeitlikeit.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jacob D

Showing 251 - 260 of 625 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...63

Forum » Thread

Re: "Trinity Alps Septemberfest"
Hey Ken. This is sounding good. Sandra and I would most likely drive up Friday evening and arrive late, so 3.5 miles sounds better than the 9ish of last year. We may be leaving out of Dublin (at...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Trinity Alps Septemberfest
July 29, 10:26am

re: Corcavado
Awesome report. It's amazing that you were able to spot this much wildlife in just an overnighter.

In Post-Trip Reports » Backpacking Corcavado National Park, Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica
July 14, 10:14am

Re: Bay Area GGG 5.0
Ken, I'm more interested in enjoying the company of the group and would rather see energies put towards a good turn out rather than any one individual, but of course the more the merrier :) ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Bay Area GGG 5.0
July 09, 12:05am

Re: Noodling Rocky Mountain Style
LOL The moment of victory was great. Good work, you've got the ninja skills.

In Fishing » Noodling Rocky Mountain Style
July 02, 8:01pm

Re: Re: twist lock
I've got the Alpine Carbon Corks. Nice poles. The wrist straps are comfy too (for me anyway). I picked them up on sale a while back, they're not inexpensive. I also tried out a pair of t...

In GEAR » Lightweight Trekking Poles
July 02, 7:43pm

twist lock
Michael, I have 2 of the 3 that you mentioned. My experience with twist lock poles (all of them I've used) is sooner or later the lock mechanism has issues. The REI poles have been the worst...

In GEAR » Lightweight Trekking Poles
July 02, 10:27am

Re: bivy or hexanet?
Erik, if you're leaning toward the Hexanet, you might consider the Solo+ "tent" option instead. I'm sure you looked at it, and yeah it eliminates the option to go tarp only, but i...

In GEAR » Zpacks Hexamid Solo Tarp - Shout Out!
July 02, 10:16am

Re: Updated plans: SHR to Red's Meadow
Hey Jonathan. Logistically the updated plan sounds more do-able. Should be an incredible hike. Are you coming from somewhere South of Independence? Hypothetically speaking, if someone is comi...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » SHR from Road's End to ~Virginia Lake July 30th
June 27, 5:14pm

Re: Re: 5th Annual Bay Area GGG
Ken, late Feb/Early March is fine with me. Really whenever, as long as it's not summer, which is not ideal for Coe. It sounded like you had some good ideas for the next GGG when we spoke las...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » 5th Annual Gathering of Gear Geeks input
June 27, 3:19pm

Hike It. Like It.
Hi all. Just wanted to post a quick note that the site recently received a little bit of a layout refresh. We've got a working search box now, archives links, archives and categories have a ...

In On the Web » Hike It. Like It.
June 27, 1:24pm

All Reader Reviews by Jacob D

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

WalMart
Yearly bump to bring the Wally World rating down where it should be :)

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 20, 10:56am