BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 251 - 260 of 1991 | Page: 1 ...17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ...200

Forum » Thread

Two Weeks, hum
With two weeks I think heading to the San Juans would be worth the drive. Good areas would be 1. Wimenuche Wildernes - Very big and wild area for CO. There are a number of loops you can put ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colorado hiking information needed ASAP!
September 14, 9:25pm

Re Good Advice
I could see a synthetic layer being nice but I'd think a fleece would be warm enough. I might just keep the rain pants all the time but that is a personal preference thing. You won't di...

In Gear Lists » 2014 AT NOBO gear list
September 14, 6:03pm

Re Updates to Gear List
If you're doing half marathons and working out in the gym I'm sure you'll be able to do more then 15 miles a day. I average 20 miles a day and did several 25-27 mile days. Don't c...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Colorado Trail Thru-Hike Summer 2014 - Input needed!
September 14, 5:59pm

Re Re Changes
Your idea for a lighter pack cover might be worth it. I would still want a liner but for the rainy season (spring/early summer) a pack cover might be worth a few oz. The longer you are out in the...

In Gear Lists » 2014 AT NOBO gear list
September 13, 9:30pm

Steel Helmets
On my first SUL style trip at Grayson Highlands we camped out at Thomas Knob shelter. The next morning we chatted with a couple adults from the scout troop camped next door. One teenager camp o...

In GEAR » The most "non lightweight" thing you've seen on the trail
September 12, 9:16pm

Re Re Re Re Camping
Stephen you must be living in the depths of hikers purgatory:( Since everything is far away I'd save Grayson for your early spring and fall trips and go someplace a bit cooler in the summer.

In Editor's Roundtable » A Guide to the Grayson Highlands
September 10, 9:57pm

Re Re Camping
You need to convince "ny" buddies to go? Is that a misspell for "My" or NY as in New York? If you're in New York the "daks" are closer. If you're somewhere ...

September 10, 8:41pm

Camping
Yep you can camp pretty much anywhere. Off the top of my head the only areas I can think of where you can't camp are a small area around deep camp and the area around the Old Orchard Shelter. ...

September 10, 7:27pm

Re Re A Guide to the Grayson Highlands
Not technically above treeline Stephen but about as close as you are going to get in the mid-Atlantic. As others have mentioned your other main choice would be the Shining Rock Wilderness Area whi...

September 10, 6:36pm

Hydration
Chugging doesn't work well for me. Well I do camel up at times but I can only take so much, especially at altitude. I do tend to chug more in the evening, maybe resting has something to do wi...

In Post-Trip Reports » My (failed) attempt at a SHR section.
September 09, 8:52pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.