Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rog Tallbloke (tallbloke) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
About Me Backpacking since 11 years old. :-)
CityLeeds
StateGods own County
CountryBritain
My Website URLhttp://www.tallbloke.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rog Tallbloke

Showing 2491 - 2500 of 2719 | Page: 1 ...241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ...272

Forum » Thread

Re: lightning and tent poles
I was camped high once when an approaching thunderstorm had my poles actually humming. I vacated the tent and crouched next to a boulder under my poly undersheet on my foam mat. Needless to s...

In GEAR » Does Carbon fiber hiking pole conduct electricity?
July 29, 4:49am

Re: Titanium Budha...
I just scored a foot square piece of 0.4mm Ti off ebay for £1.20. This will make a stove strong enough to roast an ox on top of. :-)

In Make Your Own Gear » Titanium Budha...
July 28, 5:28am

Re: Poly Tube Down Air Mattress (DAM) First Generation
Thanks for the clarifications Bill. I'll cast around and see what I can find. I'm amazed at 0.002" though, you sure it's not .020" i.e. 0.5mm ?

In Make Your Own Gear » Poly Tube Down Air Mattress (DAM) First Generation
July 26, 12:12pm

Re: More flameage
I certainly don't mean to be callous, and I sincerely hope some nice weather surprises come the way of your part of the world. Ten year drout's are not unknown elsewhere in the world, the S...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
July 26, 11:17am

Re: Misting Silnylon fly
Given the UV degradation ultralite materials suffer, leaving a space blanket over your fly when you are leaving your tent up while you go day-hiking in blazing sunshine isn't a bad plan either....

In GEAR » "Misting" Silnylon!
July 26, 8:16am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: More flameage
The cold weather wasn't resticted to Australia over the last winter, records tumbled all over the world. My anecdotal local reporting was indicative of this. I also pointed out either in the sa...

July 26, 7:48am

Re: Re: Nanomaterials can increase water boiling efficiency
"The primary controlling factor on how fast a pot of water comes to the boil *from cold* is the amount of heat being poured into the pot from the flame outside." And how much of that h...

In GEAR » Nanomaterials can increase water boiling efficiency
July 26, 7:34am

Re: Yawn
As I've said many times Dean, I'm more interested in the science than attempted character assassination. Huff and puff about Heartlands institute and big oil as much as you like. Spencer ...

July 26, 5:33am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Poly Tube Down Air Mattress (DAM) First Generation
Bill, please could you tell me the thickness of the plastic tube? You said "2 mil" but I wonder what this equates to. Over here in the UK I can get "250" and "500" gua...

In Make Your Own Gear » Poly Tube Down Air Mattress (DAM) First Generation
July 26, 4:21am

Re: Wine and the Medieval Warm Period
"the best way to get a small fortune is to have a large fortune and buy an English vineyard." Never truer than today. ;-)

July 26, 3:18am

All Reader Reviews by Rog Tallbloke

Rog Tallbloke has posted no reviews.