Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rog Tallbloke (tallbloke) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
About Me Backpacking since 11 years old. :-)
CityLeeds
StateGods own County
CountryBritain
My Website URLhttp://www.tallbloke.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rog Tallbloke

Showing 2491 - 2500 of 2564 | Page: 1 ...238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257

Forum » Thread

Azolla event.
Ooooh goodie, a carbon debate. Can anyone join in? Just to pick up on what you said about the earth being a hothouse before the 'Azolla event'. It's an underappreciated fact that the...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
April 07, 2:11am

making the best of a bad situation.
If you have to carry a damp down bag for another nights use, drop it into a trash sack and stuff it as lightly as possible into the top of your rucksack to keep the weight of your other kit off it.

In GEAR » Is humidity/fog enough to completely collapse down loft?
April 07, 1:13am

I see a potential problem with this idea
"Nooo!, keep that thorn away from me!"

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Will synthetics and down be obselete? Check this out!
April 06, 1:32am

Field use
I'd guess the WM bags are easier to shake and fluff, and reposition the down where you want it.

In GEAR » Fill weight and temp rating: Western Mountaineering vs. Montbell UL SS
April 06, 1:18am

Appropriate song lyrics
> when your monthly income is 1600/mo and rent+bills+food = 1400/mo you really dont have money to go buying any old thing and learn to appreciate what you do have. I don't have digital I...

In Editor's Roundtable » Affluenza: Fact-Heavy Book Carries a Lightweight Message
April 04, 11:01pm

kite flying
or then for those not so sunny days there's the skystreme at a svelte 43g http://www.skystreme.com/

In GEAR » Signal Mirror - Lifesaver or BS?
April 04, 9:11pm

Alternatives?
Ok, so I've removed the BPA laden lining from my aluminium pot. But wait a minute, aluminium ingestion is associated with alzheimers disease. Hmm Any problems with Titanium? On a light...

In GEAR » Warning for any aluminum can pot users
April 04, 9:00pm

Dual use?
Do you shave on the trail? ;-) I guess if you broke your leg offtrail and wanted to attract attention, it might work better than shouting. As long as the sun is shining of course. Do you carr...

In GEAR » Signal Mirror - Lifesaver or BS?
April 04, 8:37pm

Variety the spice of life
It's a good thread and brings out peoples priorities and different styles well. I like to hit the road with a thumb out so I don't have a pre-ordained plan or car I have to plan a return tr...

In GEAR » Really pursuing simplicity
April 04, 8:18pm

Re: Re: Re: Best material for poncho tarp
0.253oz/yd^2! Blimey, that *is* light. I wonder if it could be laminated with mylar space blanket to make a light heat reflective but rip resistant cloth. What sort of spray or brush on adhesive wo...

In GEAR » Best material for poncho tarp
April 04, 6:42pm

All Reader Reviews by Rog Tallbloke

Rog Tallbloke has posted no reviews.