BPL Community Profile

Rog Tallbloke (tallbloke) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
About Me Backpacking since 11 years old. :-)
CityLeeds
StateGods own County
CountryBritain
My Website URLhttp://www.tallbloke.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rog Tallbloke

Showing 2491 - 2500 of 2533 | Page: 1 ...235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: fins
The problem I've found with slowing the gases down is that the stove doesn't get enough air through to give complete combustion. It's a trade off, you can lower the number of jets and h...

In Make Your Own Gear » 4 1/2oz Kelly Kettle
February 23, 6:04am

Re: Re: fins in chimney
Hi Vick, I'll just press fit the fins to the outside of the chimney, ensuring a good contact area between them. I've never been able to get solder of any type to take to aluminium, and lumi...

February 20, 5:14pm

Re: fins in chimney
Yep, just scored some 20mm square tube to make the chimney insert with. Also considering some thin aluminium plates on the outside of the chimney immersed in the water to increase surface area ther...

February 20, 1:25pm

Re: kelly kettle
>do you get the water in and out through the little hole shown in the first photo? I cant really see the need for more efficient use of fuel with free fuel such as wood, at least if it costs wei...

February 20, 7:28am

Re: Re:Side Burner Cat Can Stove
My latest kelly kettle design gives the following results: 10C cold water 15C ambient 300 ft altitude. 0.5 litres boiled in 8 minutes 45 seconds using 12 grams of alcohol, giving a temp/fuel ...

In GEAR » JetBoil pot vs Normal pot using an alcohol stove
February 15, 3:39pm

Re: Re:Side Burner Cat Can Stove
> I am new to myog alcohol stoves and I am currently trying to understand them. Hi Tony, the height above the stove of the pot is crucial. As a simple standard comparator, try using an ...

February 04, 4:36am

Re: Re: Re: Vargo Decagon vs Penny Stove
I use my decagon for frying, and a soda can stove for fast boiling. The decagon can lose a lot of heat through the base, and works better if you prop it on a few twigs just clear of the ground with...

In GEAR » Vargo Decagon vs Penny Stove
February 04, 3:11am

Re: Re: Re:another test result
Tony, you're going to so much effort and being so thorough with this. I'd be happy to send a sample of the uk stuff but I'm not sure how the international post feels about fuels being s...

January 22, 4:47am

Re: whisky tasting
The Glen Grant is very pale and lacks the bite of the peaty island malts like Talisker and Laphroig, but hey, I got 36oz for $18 in Andorra so I'm not complaining. Would have been the equivalen...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Winter trip suggestions around within 4 hrs of bay area
January 22, 3:47am

Re: Re: Corn Pasta
> Shouldn't that be pasta la vista? The chef drank the chianti and got pista la vasta.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Jardine finds a weak point in corn pasta!!
January 21, 9:31pm

All Reader Reviews by Rog Tallbloke

Rog Tallbloke has posted no reviews.