BPL Community Profile

Rog Tallbloke (tallbloke) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
About Me Backpacking since 11 years old. :-)
CityLeeds
StateGods own County
CountryBritain
My Website URLhttp://www.tallbloke.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rog Tallbloke

Showing 2491 - 2500 of 2556 | Page: 1 ...237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256

Forum » Thread

Variety the spice of life
It's a good thread and brings out peoples priorities and different styles well. I like to hit the road with a thumb out so I don't have a pre-ordained plan or car I have to plan a return tr...

In GEAR » Really pursuing simplicity
April 04, 8:18pm

Re: Re: Re: Best material for poncho tarp
0.253oz/yd^2! Blimey, that *is* light. I wonder if it could be laminated with mylar space blanket to make a light heat reflective but rip resistant cloth. What sort of spray or brush on adhesive wo...

In GEAR » Best material for poncho tarp
April 04, 6:42pm

jam2 shipping to uk
How much to post the jam2 to the UK? Cheers Rog tallbloke

In Gear Swap » Marmot Hydrogen, GoLite Jam2, Atmos 65, Caldera Cone, Shoes, Garmin
April 04, 5:21pm

tarp size
10x10 sounds about right, but play with the plastic to test it. Tip for making position-test tie-out points in light plastic: push a ping pong ball into the plastic and tie it off with a rubber ban...

In Make Your Own Gear » Evaluate my tarp idea?
April 04, 3:39pm

Re: Impurities
I love france,,, Geographically speaking ;-) And after the goats cheese, well, whatever was leaching out of the wrapping isn't going to come through in the taste anyway.

In Make Your Own Gear » Water Heater
April 04, 8:27am

Re: Gotcha
Email sent.

In Gear Swap » WTB Big Fosters and Heine cans.
April 04, 12:45am

Re: beer!!!
Kind offer Will, I wish my largesse (haha!) extended to funding other peoples drinking habits in addition to my own! ;-) How about you buy the beer and send me the empties?

April 03, 5:46pm

WTB Big Fosters and Heine cans.
We don't get these in the uk, but I need some for my projects. With the tops still on would be good but neatly cut ones are ok as long as they are there. Preferably in lots of at least half ...

April 03, 5:01pm

Re: Polycarbonate Leaching
>> BPA leaches out 55 times faster than it does under normal conditions, according to a new study by Scott Belcher, an endocrine biologist at the University of Cincinnati. "When we added...

In Make Your Own Gear » Water Heater
April 03, 4:43pm

Re: Re: Anyone tried this pocket stove?"
Mark Hurd >> Just back from an overnight camping trip and wanted to report on the CFV pad stove in the field. Well as you might guess there are a few kinks to work out. Worst problem was t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Anyone tried this pocket stove?
April 03, 4:04pm

All Reader Reviews by Rog Tallbloke

Rog Tallbloke has posted no reviews.