BPL Community Profile

Rog Tallbloke (tallbloke) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
About Me Backpacking since 11 years old. :-)
CityLeeds
StateGods own County
CountryBritain
My Website URLhttp://www.tallbloke.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rog Tallbloke

Showing 2491 - 2500 of 2540 | Page: 1 ...235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: long burn time.
Hi Dan, Fair point about the similar burn times, I guess your right that the tubes just act as heat exchangers. That's still less efficient than transferring heat directly to the water though, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » 4 1/2oz Kelly Kettle
March 05, 1:40am

Re: Re: Re: Re: long burn time.
Hi Dan. Thanks for the compliment, I took my design to some patent lawyers yesterday who think I may be onto something. Specific gravity of Ethyl Alcohol at 20C is 789.20 so 15ml alcohol weighs ...

March 04, 1:57am

Re: Re: long burn time.
Interesting pics. My stove is made from tealight cups too. It burns 12g in around 7-9mins depending on how hot it gets. My latest design is up to 56% thermal efficiency and boils 16oz of 12C tap...

March 03, 3:27am

long burn time.
Good first result Dan. Looks like you may get down to the same 12g of fuel I'm using. What sort of stove were you using which burned for such a long time on 1/2oz of fuel? Did you try turni...

February 24, 4:56pm

Re: Re: Re: MSR Hubba, Insulmat Max Thermo
No problem, let me know.

In Gear Swap » MSR Hubba, Insulmat Max Thermo
February 24, 2:13pm

Re: In the rough
Looks very nice Dan. Looking forward to hearing about how well the tubes work. What I've noticed is that the flame is reluctant to split, and tends to pick one path or another, but maybe the di...

February 24, 1:10pm

Re: MSR Hubba, Insulmat Max Thermo
I'll take the insulmat if you don't mind shipping to the UK.

In Gear Swap » MSR Hubba, Insulmat Max Thermo
February 24, 2:02am

Re: Re: Re: fins
The problem I've found with slowing the gases down is that the stove doesn't get enough air through to give complete combustion. It's a trade off, you can lower the number of jets and h...

February 23, 6:04am

Re: Re: fins in chimney
Hi Vick, I'll just press fit the fins to the outside of the chimney, ensuring a good contact area between them. I've never been able to get solder of any type to take to aluminium, and lumi...

February 20, 5:14pm

Re: fins in chimney
Yep, just scored some 20mm square tube to make the chimney insert with. Also considering some thin aluminium plates on the outside of the chimney immersed in the water to increase surface area ther...

February 20, 1:25pm

All Reader Reviews by Rog Tallbloke

Rog Tallbloke has posted no reviews.