BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2481 - 2490 of 3198 | Page: 1 ...240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ...320

Forum » Thread

Re: not a staic rope
This gets hard to explain on the internet... If a rope is being solely used for hauling or lowering STATIC loads, a STATIC (non-stretching) rope is preferable- less stretch/bounce usually means ...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » safe working load - rope question
February 20, 3:43pm

Re: light ropes
That rope would be fine. Many people use even lighter 8mm ropes for alpine climbing- running a twin/double rope while leading (two 8mm simultaneously/one doubled 8mm)and then rappelling on a singl...

February 20, 3:28pm

Re: safe working load - rope question
If you're talking about a single person rappelling (and you're not taking falls on it), just get a good approved static rope. I have one of these for canyoneering/rappelling: http://www...

February 20, 3:03pm

Re: Re: Economic Growth Takes Care of Population Growth
I came home one day and found a picture torn from a National Geographic posted on our refrigerator. It depicted Chinese women gathering small chunks of coal and buckets of coal dust on a hillside ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Made in China - A State of the Market Report
February 09, 9:20pm

Re: Re: Economic Growth Takes Care of Population Growth
"Its the history of the world since forever." I stand corrected!

February 09, 8:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Economic Growth Takes Care of Population Growth
I think we're all on the same page here. My earlier post about racism/xenophobia isn't directed at either one of you (Tom or Lynn) personally. It comes from personal experiences with othe...

February 09, 7:51pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Economic Growth Takes Care of Population Growth
"I have this queasy feeling that the human race is about to get taken to the woodshed." No, it's more likely going to be humans that don't live in a country with a $685,000,000...

February 09, 5:03pm

Re: Re: Running shoes bad for the joints?
I think Cameron makes a very good point about asphalt and concrete; I've lived it. When first beginning to train for marathons/distance running, I did 90% of my running on trails, with long ...

In GEAR » Running shoes bad for the joints?
February 03, 6:52pm

Re: Your "Winter Camping 101" tent
"(You DID bring a shovel, didn't you?)" ...and please spare us the condescension, yeah?

In Winter Hiking » My Snow Camping 101 pictorial
December 26, 2:45pm

Re: Re: Your "Winter Camping 101" tent
I think I first saw the rectangular tarp over a trench being used by Mike Clelland! (who, in my opinion, seems to have some pretty serious winter credentials). I was on the trip that I believe E...

In Winter Hiking » My Snow Camping 101 pictorial
December 26, 2:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm