BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2481 - 2490 of 3236 | Page: 1 ...240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ...324

Forum » Thread

Re: Training
Practice long distance trail running year-round with as much elevation as you can find and backpacking will likely become your break from training.

In Philosophy & Technique » do you train for backpacking? How?
March 09, 11:15pm

New Gray Water Code in CA
Given that So. Cal. is a desert, the state actually made a decision that makes some sense! http://energycenter.org/index.php/technical-assistance/climate-change/climate-change-news/1701-new-cali...

In Chaff » New Gray Water Code in CA
March 09, 9:58pm

Re: Materials
I'm very excited about this boat and have bookmarked your page. I don't foresee myself using a packraft enough to justify an Alpaca's cost, and the majority of my use will be flat wate...

In Gear Swap » WTB: CURTIS RAFT or similar
March 09, 3:01pm

Re: Minimal shoes
Man, those shoes look sweet. I just ordered a pair- they look like a great city shoe. Thanks for the tip!

In Philosophy & Technique » Minimal hiking shoes
March 09, 12:40am

Re: Re: Striving
"As to people needing spiritual guidance... well, I certainly hope that none of you ever have to go through a deep crisis or experience great suffering." Of course we will all, unfortu...

In Chaff » Because I can...
March 09, 12:09am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Interested
If you're willing to do the Sat. through Monday trip count me in. I spoke with family and the time frame works fine for me. I'd likely go ahead and do what you suggest- hit the road at ro...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » So Cal BPLers - Skyline-PCT-Jo Pond Trip in May
March 08, 8:58am

Re: Striving
"In all cases, deities are understood as means for liberation and the enlightenment of all. The goal is for each of us to become a Buddha." Liberation from what? Enlightenment as oppo...

March 07, 9:03pm

Re: glasses + stones + old hat = religion.
I think Mormons get a bad rap mainly because it's so new. But if we look at the stories of all religions with extreme objectivity, they're all pretty rooted in bizarre magical acts, fant...

March 07, 1:51pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Two best books I've read on the subject
Buddhism not religion??? Isn't the Dalai Lama essentially a divinely chosen monarch? A literal living manifestation/reincarnation of Avelokitesvara? Don't oracles and other Lamas go to...

March 07, 1:17pm

Re: Evolution Valley
I slept up at Wanda Lake on my JMT solo a few years ago. The entire night was filled with vivid dreams of gigantic alien rock-like pods sitting in the cold blue depths of the lake. Throughout t...

In Photo Gallery » Dreaming of Evolution Valley
March 07, 9:28am

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm