BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2481 - 2490 of 3010 | Page: 1 ...240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ...301

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: "ULers Carrying an Extra 20-40 lbs - WHY?!"
While we've shifted to the working out discussion... P90X!!!! Right on Chris Wallace! I just finished my third week of this program; I'd highly recommend it also. My background is run...

In Philosophy & Technique » ULers Carrying an Extra 20-40 lbs - WHY?!
July 31, 11:09am

Re: Re: Walking cart
nevermind my redundant post....

In GEAR » Walking cart
July 31, 1:44am

Re: Re: ULers Carrying an Extra 20-40 lbs - WHY?!
"IMO UL is all about numbers, gear and technique. UL is not necessarily about minimalism or simplicity." You're right. It's certainly not about simplicity/minimalism when the ...

July 30, 12:42pm

Re: dirty girls
Third vote for Dirty Girls. Come on, where else can you get black gaiters with hot pink hearts (my next pair on order)?

In GEAR » Gaiter recommendation?
July 30, 12:35pm

Re: Re: ULers Carrying an Extra 20-40 lbs - WHY?!
Don't be so hard on people. Say you're horribly out of shape- no strength, no cardio, overweight, skinny, bad knees, whatever. Let's say your physical condition is such that hikin...

July 30, 12:17pm

Re: G of FSM
"When I am in the wilds, alone, with all the majesty of the natural world arrayed before me, I am reminded that it all exists due to the supreme and wondrous noodly appendages of the Flying Sp...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What book for 6 days in the Sierra? Why?
July 29, 7:30pm

Re: Re: burrying toilet paper is litter
"I pack out ALL my TP and lady products but neither will I spend my free time harping on those who bury it responsibly..." It's trash and I personally don't buy the idea of &qu...

In GEAR » Opaque ziplock bags for TP??
July 27, 10:31am

WTB: Black Diamond Firstlight
Just curious, does anyone have one? How much? Thanks.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Black Diamond Firstlight
July 25, 8:33pm

Re: re: SUL Water with CIO2 or Other Methods?
I've only ever waited 30 minutes with Aqua Mira and I've been fine. I carry 2 one liter platy bottles. I drink one down...when it's getting low, I fill and treat the other and keep ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » SUL Water with CIO2 or Other Methods?
July 25, 12:06pm

WM Gore Windstopper
I'm still browsing cold weather WM bags for late/early season trekking and mountaineering- currently think I'm going to go with the 5 degree Antelope. Any experience with the windstopper...

In GEAR » WM Gore Windstopper
July 25, 11:38am

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm