Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2481 - 2490 of 3278 | Page: 1 ...240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ...328

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Seams
I don't want to knock them too hard; I think it's more of a subjective foot-shape thing. Konrad is right- the biggest problem for me is the rubber ridge of the sole- it just doesn't li...

In GEAR » Vibram Five Fingers??
March 26, 9:27pm

Five Fingers: Dissappointed
So I've worn these for a few hours around the house today and just returned from a quick 5k run around my neighborhood. Mind you, I can do the same 5k run completely barefoot comfortably. O...

March 26, 8:59pm

Five Fingers
Ok, I broke down and just picked up a pair of black KSOs. First concern is sizing- as these fit like gloves and I hope I dialed it in OK. I'm somewhere in between a 46 and 47, went with the 4...

March 26, 5:58pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Vibram Five Fingers Reach FAD Status
I guess one of these days I'll just have to put up the money and try them. I'm not completely opposed to them, I'm just not convinced that they're something that's going to hel...

March 26, 1:56pm

Re: Re: Vibram Five Fingers Reach FAD Status
I really wonder if they're just a bunch of hype. I'm very into minimal footwear and practice barefoot running (not exclusively, but short runs a few times/week). I'm completely sold...

March 26, 11:50am

Re: Re: Caffeine but not coffee
Caffeine but not coffee???? I'll entertain debate on guns, religion, health care, animal rights, or any other nonsense you're in to...but on this one you've all gone and lost your ...

In GEAR » Base Weight Vs. Consumables Discussion
March 24, 5:15pm

Re: : Re: Ice Cream on the PCT
Will those 75-150 MPW runners I know blow their knees out? Who knows. They're certain to have injuries. But won't we all? How many "My foot hurts" posts appear here from s...

In Philosophy & Technique » High Speed Backpacking - why
March 23, 4:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ice Cream on the PCT
Uh oh. Science publication quotation war! Have a good one: experience tells me this is going nowhere fast.

March 23, 3:11pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ice Cream on the PCT
http://www.clas.ufl.edu/users/krigbaum/proseminar/Bramble_Leib_2004_nature.pdf For those interested in a serious read, this is the first article that I read that really lays out the evolutionary...

March 23, 2:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ice Cream on the PCT
Guys... That's the same video I linked above....

March 23, 2:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm