Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
My Website URL
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2481 - 2490 of 3610 | Page: 1 ...240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ...361

Forum » Thread

Re: Monopoly
Nick, as I understand it, you're arguing that if the government simply stayed out of economics, the monopoly issue (as well as many other economic problems) couldn't happen. So the "...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
October 22, 8:21pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re but at what price?
"No one makes demands on any other person. No person initiates force against another man period. No one takes anything from anyone." Please explain how personal rights/freedom are at a...

October 22, 5:20pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: re but at what price?
"Religious wars pale in comparison to men trying to rule others and gain power." Aren't they one and the same? "The quest for rule by the power mongers is an anti-technolog...

October 22, 11:01am

Re: religious madness
Good point David. One is often the tool off the other.

October 22, 9:37am

Re: Re: Re: re but at what price?
Those are good points Nick. The numbers you list are pretty insane. How many are a by-product of religious madness? The point of my post is not to say we're better or worse off with/withou...

October 22, 9:03am

Re: Re: barefoot
"Most important is not to get "religious" about either camp." Absolutely Nick. If it isn't broken, why fix it? Do what works for you. Running in traditional shoes ...

In Other Activities » "Elite Runners Wear Shoes"
October 22, 8:50am

Re: Re: five fingers
I run barefoot for about 8-10 miles/week (about 1/4 of my typical mileage). That said, I wore a pair of VFF sprints on a short but hot backpacking trip. Absolutely hated them; a black rubber fo...

In GEAR » Sandals and such...
October 21, 8:37pm

Re: "Grand Canyon R2R2R, 10/9-10/10"
Hey Eugene, if you're out there...I know this is a bit old but I never saw your response. I want to run it spring '11, but haven't decided exactly when. I was thinking late March/earl...

In Post-Trip Reports » Grand Canyon R2R2R, 10/9-10/10
October 21, 3:17pm

Re: re but at what price?
As a counterbalance to Jeff's post about how tough 1910 must have been, let's think of some of the wonderful things that technology has brought us. Off the the top of my head: -The thre...

October 21, 8:57am

Re: Re: Re: Simple wouldn't be how I would describe the issue.
Religions die when they are proved to be true. Science is the record of dead religions. -Oscar Wilde

October 20, 6:49pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm