BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2481 - 2490 of 3141 | Page: 1 ...240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ...315

Forum » Thread

Re: Socal Backpackers wanted, kids included
My daughter is 6, my son is 8. Let's get them all out. I could certainly help you with how to backpack with kids if you haven't before. I think my kids were doing their first backpacking...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » SoCal Backpackers Wanted
November 30, 11:01am

Re: Re: Socal Backpackers, Lets Meet Up
Keep me posted. If I have any trips where I'm looking for company, I'll post an invite as well. These days I typically do high-mileage solo trips or short trips with my kids (ages 6 and...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » SoCal Backpackers Wanted
November 30, 8:51am

Re: Plastic Liner vs. Stuff Sacks
1. Liner goes in pack (I love trash compactor bags!) 2. Sleeping bag goes to the bottom (in stuff sack for some compression) 3. Clothes go on top (I don't usually carry much spare clothing...

In GEAR » Plastic Liner vs. Stuff Sacks
November 29, 11:20am

Re: Re: Re: PLB's, SPOTS vs. Cutting the Cord
I fully understand and agree with the argument about cutting off the cell phone and emails so you're work can't get you. As far as my work is concerned, I don't have a cell phone or pe...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » PLB's, SPOTS vs. Cutting the Cord
November 28, 10:04pm

Re: Start w/ survival kit
Your "PSK" is over 3 lbs! All the items in it are basically just essentials/first aid. You should be able to get it under 10 oz. easily. I'm guessing the buttpack, canteen, cante...

In Gear Lists » Start w/ survival kit
November 28, 1:47pm

Re: RE:ceramic
I've had an MSR Miniworks (ceramic/charcoal) filter for at least 8 years. It's received a ton of use and I've never had to replace the filter- clean it carefully and boil it between tr...

In GEAR » Water treatment alternative needed
November 28, 11:28am

Re: Woo Hoo!
Ed, your photo is beautiful.

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking Light 2009 Reader Photo Contest Results
November 27, 10:21pm

Re: justice
For the sake of civil discourse and debate, I've already conceded global warming to the fraud camp. So, as I said, there are still (in my humble estimation) 999,999 solid reasons to pursue e...

In Philosophy & Technique » Ultralight Backpacking Ethically (UBE)
November 24, 2:01pm

Re: fraud
Ok, let me rephrase that. Thanks to your post, I now believe global warming has been undeniably proven to be a fraud. If that was your sole argument, breathe easy my friend, now you no longer...

November 24, 8:52am

Re: on that note
Awwww, shucks. James Delingpole hath wielded the hammer that drove the final nail and ended global warming debate once and for all. I guess that only leaves me 999,999 other reasons to supp...

November 24, 8:40am

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm