Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Rog Tallbloke (tallbloke) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
About Me Backpacking since 11 years old. :-)
CityLeeds
StateGods own County
CountryBritain
My Website URLhttp://www.tallbloke.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rog Tallbloke

Showing 2481 - 2490 of 2666 | Page: 1 ...240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 ...267

Forum » Thread

Re: Shoes for going around the world! (?)
Demo work demands toe-tectors (steel caps). You just can't afford a foot injury with your schedule. Obviously, you won't want to pack them with you, so how about posting a pair out to the l...

In GEAR » Shoes for going around the world! (?)
July 21, 8:03am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Phew, good luck
5" layflat tubing will give a tube around 3" diameter when inflated. 10"/pi An odd number makes sense because you'd want some warmth directly under your spine. I'd have tho...

In Make Your Own Gear » A new thinlight/cuben DAM construction idea
July 21, 7:19am

Re: Re: Phew, good luck
If there were a lighter alternative to polythene, Bill F would already be using it. Woven cloths are not airtight. Not with 60+ kilos of body on top anyway. Bill is using a hammock so puncturing...

July 21, 1:52am

Re: Re: Re: A new thinlight/cuben DAM construction idea
"Why dry them" Water is the universal solvent, it get's in everywhere somehow. If you're going to trust the impermiability of foam and cuben, you may as well save the weight (and...

July 16, 5:32am

Re: Re: versatility in cooking stoves
Hi Franco, >It would be hard to find a supermarket in Italy that does not stock alcohol for the Trangia. It's in the household cleaning section (alcool denaturato) I scoured the cleaning...

In Make Your Own Gear » 8.8g SUUL remate canister stove
July 16, 5:18am

Re: Well I guess I will say it again CHILL OUT
>Check out http://www.kurzweilai.net/index.html?flash=1 >Lots of good info. I see lots of speculation, but not much info.

In Chaff » Does anyone actually think that industrial civilization is sustainable?
July 15, 5:46am

Re: A new thinlight/cuben DAM construction idea
How will you use the cord to make the baffles Huzefa? Maybe the way to bond the cuben to the foam would be to use a tube of seriously sticky goop and a tack stitch. Tiger Seal is good stuff and ...

July 15, 5:35am

versatility in cooking stoves
Top work Tony. A couple of years ago when I was backpacking in Spain I took a 72g gas stove, and couldn't find a shop to sell me a canister of gas. This year I took my 2oz kelly kettle to...

In Make Your Own Gear » 8.8g SUUL remate canister stove
July 15, 5:12am

The Apocalhypes

In Chaff » Does anyone actually think that industrial civilization is sustainable?
July 11, 6:29pm

Re: Re: Fears
>GW supporters intentionally inserted falsehoods into thier bio's- claiming that they belive in Martians and bigfoot ect. Thats a direct attack on the process of science. A sign of incre...

July 11, 11:57am

All Reader Reviews by Rog Tallbloke

Rog Tallbloke has posted no reviews.