BPL Community Profile

Rog Tallbloke (tallbloke) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
About Me Backpacking since 11 years old. :-)
CityLeeds
StateGods own County
CountryBritain
My Website URLhttp://www.tallbloke.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rog Tallbloke

Showing 2481 - 2490 of 2557 | Page: 1 ...237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256

Forum » Thread

Re: Alcohol stove for mug
Whois said Domain name: speedofultralightgear.com Registrant Contact: Norman O'Neill Lol!

In GEAR » Alcohol stove for mug
April 08, 1:56am

How does that work then?
>The WOWGen power plant converts heat into electricity using WOW Energies' patented combined cycle turbo-expander Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC) system. The power plant will convert the heat ex...

In Philosophy & Technique » The Sierra Club sells out
April 08, 1:47am

Boastful but not helpful
You'd have to assume he's not including the clothes he's standing in, and his spare wardrobe is limited to a pair of grunties and some silk gloves, but I guess it's possible with a ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sub 1 lb. XUL : Possible or BS?
April 07, 11:03am

Azolla event.
Ooooh goodie, a carbon debate. Can anyone join in? Just to pick up on what you said about the earth being a hothouse before the 'Azolla event'. It's an underappreciated fact that the...

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
April 07, 2:11am

making the best of a bad situation.
If you have to carry a damp down bag for another nights use, drop it into a trash sack and stuff it as lightly as possible into the top of your rucksack to keep the weight of your other kit off it.

In GEAR » Is humidity/fog enough to completely collapse down loft?
April 07, 1:13am

I see a potential problem with this idea
"Nooo!, keep that thorn away from me!"

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Will synthetics and down be obselete? Check this out!
April 06, 1:32am

Field use
I'd guess the WM bags are easier to shake and fluff, and reposition the down where you want it.

In GEAR » Fill weight and temp rating: Western Mountaineering vs. Montbell UL SS
April 06, 1:18am

Appropriate song lyrics
> when your monthly income is 1600/mo and rent+bills+food = 1400/mo you really dont have money to go buying any old thing and learn to appreciate what you do have. I don't have digital I...

In Editor's Roundtable » Affluenza: Fact-Heavy Book Carries a Lightweight Message
April 04, 11:01pm

kite flying
or then for those not so sunny days there's the skystreme at a svelte 43g http://www.skystreme.com/

In GEAR » Signal Mirror - Lifesaver or BS?
April 04, 9:11pm

Alternatives?
Ok, so I've removed the BPA laden lining from my aluminium pot. But wait a minute, aluminium ingestion is associated with alzheimers disease. Hmm Any problems with Titanium? On a light...

In GEAR » Warning for any aluminum can pot users
April 04, 9:00pm

All Reader Reviews by Rog Tallbloke

Rog Tallbloke has posted no reviews.