BPL Community Profile

Rog Tallbloke (tallbloke) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale DON'T LOOK DOWN!!
About Me Backpacking since 11 years old. :-)
CityLeeds
StateGods own County
CountryBritain
My Website URLhttp://www.tallbloke.net

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Rog Tallbloke

Showing 2481 - 2490 of 2540 | Page: 1 ...235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254

Forum » Thread

Re: beer!!!
Kind offer Will, I wish my largesse (haha!) extended to funding other peoples drinking habits in addition to my own! ;-) How about you buy the beer and send me the empties?

In Gear Swap » WTB Big Fosters and Heine cans.
April 03, 5:46pm

WTB Big Fosters and Heine cans.
We don't get these in the uk, but I need some for my projects. With the tops still on would be good but neatly cut ones are ok as long as they are there. Preferably in lots of at least half ...

In Gear Swap » WTB Big Fosters and Heine cans.
April 03, 5:01pm

Re: Polycarbonate Leaching
>> BPA leaches out 55 times faster than it does under normal conditions, according to a new study by Scott Belcher, an endocrine biologist at the University of Cincinnati. "When we added...

In Make Your Own Gear » Water Heater
April 03, 4:43pm

Re: Re: Anyone tried this pocket stove?"
Mark Hurd >> Just back from an overnight camping trip and wanted to report on the CFV pad stove in the field. Well as you might guess there are a few kinks to work out. Worst problem was t...

In Make Your Own Gear » Anyone tried this pocket stove?
April 03, 4:04pm

Re: An idea for the lightest, warmest sleeping pad ever
If I understand you correctly, you plan to place the quilt in a single poly bag which will be inflated to prevent the down compressing. The problem is that you can't get the pressure right to t...

In Make Your Own Gear » An idea for the lightest, warmest sleeping pad ever
April 03, 2:17pm

Size matters
7'x7' is small for a versatile tarp. Unless you're a midget. ;-)

In Make Your Own Gear » Evaluate my tarp idea?
April 03, 7:06am

Re: Re:Volcano alcohol stove for small pots
Hi Tony, thanks for the accurate maths conversion, and again, great work with the graphing! Just to clarify for others, in your last paragraph you said the wisperlite was the yellow line but as y...

In Make Your Own Gear » Volcano alcohol stove for small pots
March 19, 2:43am

Chimuny kettle and lawyers.
Nice job Yukio, looks good. Roger: I'm filing a UK patent for free and then I'm going to produce some and see if they sell. If they do, I can get a 'first submission date' for a ...

In Make Your Own Gear » 4 1/2oz Kelly Kettle
March 18, 7:42am

Volcano alcohol stove for small pots
>slower heating is more efficient that fast boiling (fast boiling and efficiency with stoves is a myth that manufactures have perpetuated to sell stoves). Hi Tony, great looking stove and sup...

In Make Your Own Gear » Volcano alcohol stove for small pots
March 18, 3:44am

Re: and carrying less is half the battle!
>But with the limited aperture of these spice grinders, those beans are just getting continuously nicked by the grinder and with little downward force, it must take a while How about modyfyin...

In Make Your Own Gear » Free 3.2 oz coffee grinder
March 06, 1:55am

All Reader Reviews by Rog Tallbloke

Rog Tallbloke has posted no reviews.